No announcement yet.

Name boxers that passed away that really hit home and hurt when they died

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name boxers that passed away that really hit home and hurt when they died

With the recent passing of Pernell "Sweet Pea" Whitaker.

His passing was obviously shocking and really hurt. There have been others as well but I will let you all mention other passings that happened to boxers that really hurt when they suddenly died.

Name the boxers that you felt shock and hurt for when you found out they passed away.

None. Didn't know them personally so how can I hurt. I still don't understand how people cry when someone they don't know passes away, yet these are the same people who will do whatever to go to their public funeral but yet will miss their relatives funerals

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
      none. Didn't know them personally so how can i hurt. I still don't understand how people cry when someone they don't know passes away, yet these are the same people who will do whatever to go to their public funeral but yet will miss their relatives funerals
      true...but some people you never knew affect your life more then people you actually knew..weird but true

Comment

Sweet Pea's death really touched me. Didn't know I could care so much about a boxer. I wasn't even his generation. I became a fan of his the tail end of his career.

May God bless his soul.

Comment

Vinnie Letizia - a Chicago prospect when I lived there who was just making moves & I was a fan of when he got killed. Randomly he got into the Chicago Boxing HOF a couple years back & I felt a lil joy for his family, who was like their own lil gang at all his fights back in the day, for the attention Vinnie still held in Chicago boxing despite dying so young & so long ago.

Randie Carver - seen him win the golden gloves & always seemed like such a nice kid who shouldn't be in this game. Kinda f#cked me up when he died after a fight.

Diego Corrales - one of my all time favorites.

Pernell Whitaker - one of my all time favorites.
          Last edited by Eff Pandas; 07-16-2019, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Arturo Gatti's situation was pretty brutal.

Comment

I'm not sure about that it hurt but was definitely a shocker upon reading. For me it would probably have to be Gatti and Corrales. Loved their fights and it sucked to know they were no longer "around" even though I didn't know them.

Reading Paul Williams was paralyzed from the motorcycle accident also made me feel terrible and I didn't want to believe it happened. To me that was like we lost him (which we did from boxing).

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
                I'm not sure about that it hurt but was definitely a shocker upon reading. For me it would probably have to be Gatti and Corrales. Loved their fights and it sucked to know they were no longer "around" even though I didn't know them.

Reading Paul Williams was paralyzed from the motorcycle accident also made me feel terrible and I didn't want to believe it happened. To me that was like we lost him (which we did from boxing).
                🗣💯

Paul Williams always came to fight. That sucked. I always tell story to the homies that I would NEVER ride a bike because see what happened to Paul Williams. Or tell that story

Ali probably most because I grew up watching ESPN Classic. He was probably on the most lol.

Comment

Chico is the only one I can think of right now. He was one of my favorites to watch

Comment

Johnny Tapia was a fighter a lot of people in my family and community followed and the internet made it possible to learn more about his struggles. Out here in the western US and in the Hispanic community there are many people affected by similar issues.
                    When he passed away I felt bad for his wife who managed, supported, elevated his career and ultimately suffered the tragedy of his life.

Comment

Working...
                    X