Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name boxers that passed away that really hit home and hurt when they died

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet Pea's death was hard for me. I was a huge fan of his. He was one of the first boxers I was fully able to appreciate his skills.

I was in Albuquerque, New Mexico a few years before Johnny Tapia died and saw him in the local news for some legal trouble. He was talking about turning his life around. I remember watching and hoping he would turn things around. It was sad to see that he passed a few years later.

Vernon Forrest's death was shocking because of how he died.
    Last edited by HarvardBlue; 07-17-2019, 05:40 AM.

Comment

Vernon Forest.... The way he died smfh. Everything about it was fcked up

Comment

Watching the video of how Vernon Forrest was murdered is still upsetting for me up till now, how his murders are on facebook in prison, how they shot him through the back etc I don't even want to recount watching the video.

Comment

For me it's what boxers do and shape a people outside of the ring that has me care much, like Ali, Jack Johnson, Schmelling. I find Corrie Sanders' death more sad than Pernell's.

Comment

When the story came out about how heroic's Corrie Sanders' death was it was pretty sad.

Alexis Arguello was a big loss to his community and by all accounts a great man, died too young as well.

Comment

I never get the argument that you can't be hurt at the death of someone you don't know personally, of course you can. Often people that you don't meet can still play a huge role in your life, by way of inspiring, or entertaining you, or in many instances both.

Comment

Muhammad Ali. His aura was something else.

Arturo Gatti, blood and guts warrior who we all saw in some great action fights. It was truly sad

Comment

Didn't bring a tear to my eye but when Corrales died, I felt sad-ish.

Comment

Salvador Sanchez death at the age 23 for me.He was so young,achieved so much and had several prime years ahead. Always wondered how much more greatness he would have attained had he lived.

Alexis Arguello because he was all class win or lose.One of my favorites of all time.

Comment

Ali grew up watching videos of his old fights, genuinely sad when he passed. Vernon Forest was another one, seemed like a really good guy so was shocked to hear he was shot infront of his kid.

Comment

Working...
                      X