No announcement yet.

Anthony Yardes unbelievably strange Mittwork *VIDEO*

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    We've all seen Kovalev fight, against a good string of opponents too, regardless of the result.

Kovalev isn't going to fight all that different than he's fought already; up and down Euro style, heavy from range, aggressive from range.

Yarde needs to work on his own game, whatever that is; control/understand range, be ready to fire effectively from close range.

We'll see how the fight plays out
    I would have agreed with you until the Alvarez rematch. That was an incredibly unexpected performance and I really don't know what to expect from Kov now.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      Winning the WBSS is another Brit thing. Look out for a hat -trick when Josh Taylor KO's Prograis later this year.
      come on man, Prograis is going to eat his food.

and I thought Taylor was scotish?

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        I would have agreed with you until the Alvarez rematch. That was an incredibly unexpected performance and I really don't know what to expect from Kov now.
        Didn't watch the fight, tbh. Still, I doubt that the tools used were changed all that much; maybe less aggressive than the Ward fights, but still the long shots, still from range, and still punching downhill, I'd imagine.

As long as Yarde fights his fights, and responds the proper way to what Kovalev's tools are, it'll be a good fight

Comment

lmfao

or Joshua putting his arms on the ropes and going deaf?

Comment

Yardes trainer/manager Tunde Ajayi has spent alot of time with Floyd Sr learning how to be a good trainer and adding his own style. Don't sleep on what he is teaching Yarde.

He's got his own methods that's for sure.

Comment

I don’t care... Lions in the camp X 20

Comment

come on man, Prograis is going to eat his food.

and I thought Taylor was scotish?
                Scots are Brits, and I'm expecting Taylor to stop Prograis.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                  Scots are Brits, and I'm expecting Taylor to stop Prograis.
                  I can’t keep track of what’s England, what’s great britian and what’s the United Kingdom I guess lol.

And I guess we’re at odds on this one too.

Comment

Originally posted by davef View Post
                    has there ever been a top level fighter or champion who did zero sparring in training camp?

Calzaghe was rumoured to have never sparred for 11 years thats only case I can think of even though I think thats BS
                    They say Nigel Benn stopped sparring and used a jackhammer instead.

Comment

Originally posted by saintpat View Post
                      I never understood mittwork where the holder moves the mitts into the punch — is that to simulate an opponent who literally propels his head into every shot?

Much less these odd bendy motions he’s doing with his hands. Does he do that when he punches in fights too?
                      You move the mitt into the punch so the boxer doesn't hyperextend chasing the pad.

Comment

Working...
                      X