Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sanchez on Canelo Rejecting GGG: He took a lot of things personal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Truth Serum View Post
    If I was Canelo, after getting outlanded by 80 punches in both fights, wobbled a couple of times, landing his hardest haymakers that were walked right through, and boo'd by his own fans... I would want no part of GGG either!

Canelo did not run from the ring crying..... take a year off..... and then select Steve Rolls for his "comeback"

just saying

Comment

I hope Canelo never rematches " greedy, ungrateful " Golovkin.....

but if that fight does happen, the result will be delicious

there is still TONS of dumb-money sitting on the table..... and the average g-string has no idea how or why Golovkin lost LMAO

#cheaptears
      #nexttimedoe
      #gennadywillremembertogotothebodythistime

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
        Canelo did not run from the ring crying..... take a year off..... and then select Steve Rolls for his "comeback"

just saying
        Or his own trainer saying the judges did a good job. As well as told GGG your LOSING this fight.

Comment

Oh yes, let's have another debate about who won the first two fights.

Btw, isn't the fact of the existence of such debates the proof of how close both fights were? Shouldn't we have a definitive 3rd?

IMO the third might go very similarly to the second.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Serum View Post
            If I was Canelo, after getting outlanded by 80 punches in both fights, wobbled a couple of times, landing his hardest haymakers that were walked right through, and boo'd by his own fans... I would want no part of GGG either!
            Fact GGG OUTLANDED canelo in jabs that's it. In both fights canelo landed more in every non jab punch stat. More power punches. Higher connect percent then GGG. Landed over 100 body punches compared to 14 from GGG. There isn't a single stat that compubox tracks that GGG did better EXCEPT jabs... everything else favors Canelo

Power shots, clean punching > puzzy jabs.

Plus Canelo broke GGG'S face and made him run from Mexican Style. The reason GGG ran out the ring, forgot how to speak English, went into hiding for almost a year and can never ever put Mexican Style on a GGG Promotion poster ever again is because Canelo literally beat the Mexican Style out his azzz. I heard GGG has banned taco Tuesday in his house because he is that traumatized of real Mexican Style.
            Last edited by bigdunny1; 07-15-2019, 02:18 PM.

Comment

So the Mexican Diva took Abel's trash talk seriously and now he won't fight because he's got hurt feelings? Usually when 2 fighters don't like each other, they settle it in the ring. WTF?
              I understand the boy was raised in Guadalajara, not exactly the trash talk capital of the world but damm the Diva's sensitive! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                Clean effective punching which is a scoring criteria
                Yeah, but that has to do with the number of punches landed and how clean they are, not the connect %. Connect % gives us no information about how clean or effective the punches are... you could argue that it gives us an indicator of how efficient a fighter is but as far as I know that's never been a scoring criteria.

Conserving your energy by only punching when you think you're gonna land might be a useful strategy, but only if over the course of the fight it leads to you landing more punches overall in more rounds than your opponent.

Never been able to fathom why Connect % was considered a major thing with compubox... and I was saying this long before this fight, so it ain't about Canelo or GGG at all, just a general peeve of mine - I even used to work back from the Compubox connect %s to work out a ratio of punches landed/opponents punches landed, which to my mind is the single most useful metric available, but one which Compubox never provided for some reason.

It should be obvious to anyone that a guy throwing 100 punches and landing 20 for a 20% connect should win a round against a guy throwing 20 and landing 10 for a 50% connect, assuming the punches are of comparable cleanliness and effectiveness.

Like I say, this isn't about the scoring for either of these fights - which has been trawled over ad nauseam - but about the general relevance of connect % when it comes to scoring fights.

Ok... I know, I'm kinda a bit nerdy about this ****...

Comment

Originally posted by JohnCastellanos View Post
                  Listen I know your going with popular opinion but you’d have to be a moron to not accept that Canelo clearly won rounds 1-3 and 10-12 and 2 swing rounds can go to whoever in fight 1
                  Canelo clearly lost the first round and the 10th.

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
                    He's literally been a jabber his whole career. He had a new baby, legal issues and was deciding on a new platform, one that would help him with his promotional company. Acting like it was Canelo who made him take 9 months off is stupid.
                    it was ggg who went that night to ER, not canelo, ... and i never seen ggg fought so timid before, no one ever took ggg's mexican style out off him.... to act like canelo is afraid off him is stupid...

Comment

Originally posted by JohnCastellanos View Post
                      That was the dumbest thing ever especially against Canelos open minded versatile super team who put special emphasis to adjustments! But I think it ain’t really Able filosofy in general, he used that with Golovkin because Golovkin only has certain skills. He only knows one way to fight
                      Watch Golovkin as an amateur. He wasn't the second coming of Willie Pep but he was more evasive than after Sanchez. Look at the videos coming out of the gym. Sanchez holding the pads and Golovkin pounding on them. The majority of them are the same. Ok we get it the guy hits hard. Now watch videos coming from Canelo's gym. There is a marked difference in the training. A lot if this is muscle memory. If you don't practise it gets rusty. Yes it's Golivkins fault because he should have realized it. If he did he should have sent more insistant that Sanchez work on his shortcomings. It's a bit late now but Banks was trained under Stewart one if the best trainers ever. Golovkin can improve in certain areas if he does the work and wants it bad enough. There is no real excuse for not throwing body punches even if he's getting countered. He got countered anyway. Father time is not on his side so the sooner the better for the rematch. Golovkin should be in the gym right now working on new things IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      X