Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does GGG always get credit for imaginary wins???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• there is a lot to be said about being avoided. 100 years later people are still saying dempsey ducked greb. 70 years later they're still saying robinson ducked burley. and 25 years later they're still saying bowe ducked lewis.

golovkin was the most avoided fighter on the planet for a number of years and that's just a reality. sturm, martinez, cotto, alvarez while he was at "155," several other alphabet title holders or mandatories, turned down documented fight offers for golovkin. alvarez' team waited until he had gotten older. it's obvious if you know the sport. just look at the rhetoric of promoters. are the building the fight or are they delaying it? look at the timelines and get back to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
      Canelo has faced and defeated far better comp then GGG, you listed the wins for GGG(he never beat Canelo stop making up wins) GGG's wins suck outside of Jacobs and Canelo beat him as well..some of the names you listed i dont even know why you bothered, they suck...GGG's resume is pure trash
      What's your resume like Larry? Oh right you don't have one, just talking bollocks about others.

Comment

• Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
        Canelo has faced and defeated far better comp then GGG, you listed the wins for GGG(he never beat Canelo stop making up wins) GGG's wins suck outside of Jacobs and Canelo beat him as well..some of the names you listed i dont even know why you bothered, they suck...GGG's resume is pure trash
        Lol Larry..you listed Kirkland etc on Canelo's resume and were touting that as a good win...and that is actually a top 10 win on Nelo's resume...and GGG has Ishida as like number 14 on his resume...and GGG stopped Ishida in 3...and Ishida stopped Kirkland in 1 lol

...so yeah if GGG's sucks then Canelo's does too...that's all I can say I guess.

I would add that I am giving my opinion of the resume based on what I saw in the ring...I can't co-sign obvious bad decisions and rate those as legit wins.

Even if you take the GGG-Nelo fights out of the equation...which imo based on what actually happened in those fights is much more fair to Nelo than GGG...GGG's resume is still above Nelo's right now...and when you list out the top 10 wins for each that becomes apparent imo

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
          there is a lot to be said about being avoided. 100 years later people are still saying dempsey ducked greb. 70 years later they're still saying robinson ducked burley. and 25 years later they're still saying bowe ducked lewis.

golovkin was the most avoided fighter on the planet for a number of years and that's just a reality. sturm, martinez, cotto, alvarez while he was at "155," several other alphabet title holders or mandatories, turned down documented fight offers for golovkin. alvarez' team waited until he had gotten older. it's obvious if you know the sport. just look at the rhetoric of promoters. are the building the fight or are they delaying it? look at the timelines and get back to me.

nope, that simply did not happen

Tom Loeffler spun that bullshlt to the media..... just like Hearn does..... just like Arum does..... just like any other promoter does..... but, it simply did not happen

the fact is, Golovkin had done nothing to step in front of Martinez money-fight with Cotto..... and guess what, he still hasn't to this day..... Cotto would still get that fight ahead of Golovkin, to this very day

Golovkin needed to force that fight in the ring..... not with his mouthy lying promoter begging for a handout

also, Martinez signed an agreement with HBO to face Golovkin if he got past Cotto..... Golovkin just had to wait, and force that fight in the ring..... just like everybody else

same with Cotto.....

Cotto, should have been the ultimate goal of every fighter from 140-160..... at that point in time, Cotto was the very best option, because May/Pac were totally unrealistic and never going to happen

Mr " anyone from 154-168 " totally refusing to negotiate on weight with the little old faded SUPERSTAR Miguel Cotto..... is the 2nd most bizarre occurrence within boxing that I have witnessed within the last decade

I cannot believe how little was spoken about that situation, both from the media and from the fans..... totally bizarre..... every other fighter from 140-160 would have cut off one of his fingers for that fight, and yet Golovkin would not so much as lift his little finger to make that fight, totally refusing to drop a single pound to fight the 153lb superstar

and yet..... Golovkin was more than happy to defend his title against Rosado at catchweight..... which is INSANE

then a few months after refusing to negotiate on weight with Cotto and Canelo..... Golovkin threw up his hands in frustration and claimed that he was willing and able to fight at 154 but nobody would step up..... WTF???

those are the exact type of fights that Golovkin should have taken

Golovkin's career has suffered from poor (timid) decision-making..... they played the risk/reward game TO DEATH..... low-risk/low-reward only..... and wait for the golden goose

Sturm avoided Golovkin, nobody else

they fooled the fans, but insiders know whats up

" everyone they paid, fought him "
          ~ Lou Di Bella

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
            Lol Larry..you listed Kirkland etc on Canelo's resume and were touting that as a good win...and that is actually a top 10 win on Nelo's resume...and GGG has Ishida as like number 14 on his resume...and GGG stopped Ishida in 3...and Ishida stopped Kirkland in 1 lol

...so yeah if GGG's sucks then Canelo's does too...that's all I can say I guess.

I would add that I am giving my opinion of the resume based on what I saw in the ring...I can't co-sign obvious bad decisions and rate those as legit wins.

Even if you take the GGG-Nelo fights out of the equation...which imo based on what actually happened in those fights is much more fair to Nelo than GGG...GGG's resume is still above Nelo's right now...and when you list out the top 10 wins for each that becomes apparent imo

anyone who thinks that Murray, Lemieux, and Monroe, are better wins for Golovkin..... than Lara, Cotto, and Trout, were for Canelo..... is a total fkn spastic, who should never be allowed to post again

just saying

Steve Weisfeld says.....

Comment

• Originally posted by WarGatti View Post
              What's your resume like Larry? Oh right you don't have one, just talking bollocks about others.
              how does that even make sense?

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                you are an absolute moron !!

committing your stupidity to print..... for ALL to see
                You're one to talk. You once actually posted that punches don't count in scoring. Then later you said you wouldn't walk across the street to view a catchweight fight because they don't prove anything. While lambasting Golovkin numerous times for refusing to defend his title at a catchweight. You are a dumb ass and a hypocrite.
                Last edited by TonyGe; 07-15-2019, 03:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                  anyone who thinks that Murray, Lemieux, and Monroe, are better wins for Golovkin..... than Lara, Cotto, and Trout, were for Canelo..... is a total fkn spastic, who should never be allowed to post again

just saying

[/IMG]
                  I really think it's so funny that you see such a differential between going 12 rounds with Lara and Trout in tough fights, and 12 with old Cotto at 155 in a tough fight...with GGG dominating and stopping Murray Lemieux and Monroe...I really just don't get it and I can't really imagine anyone really hyping up those wins for Canelo while slighting those for GGG...just makes 0 sense imo

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post

canelo is 28...GGG is 37 why are their resumes even being compared??? Canelo at 28 is far more accomplished then GGG at 37

Canelo at 28

Has a record of 15-1-1 (5 KOs) against former, current, and future world champions:
                    Won against Miguel Vazquez (twice), Carlos Manuel Baldomir, Lovemore N'dou, Kermit Cintron, Shane Mosley, Austin Trout, Erislandy Lara, Miguel Angel Cotto, Amir Khan, Liam Smith, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr, Gennady Golovkin, Rocky Fielding, and Daniel Jacobs

GGG at 37
                    Has a record of 5-1-1 (4 KOs) against former, current, and future world champions:
                    Won against Kassim Ouma, Daniel Geale, David Lemieux, Kell Brook, and Daniel Jacobs.

this has to be a joke

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                      You're one to talk. You once actually posted that punches don't count in scoring. Then later you said you wouldn't walk across the street to view a catchweight fight because they don't prove anything. While lambasting Golovkin numerous times for refusing to defend his title at a catchweight. You are a dumb ass and a hypocrite.
                      you do realize you can have an opinion on catchweights and still kill a guy for not agreeing to one right? not mutually exclusive...

yes the guy doesnt like CW fights.....but everyone was doing them and thats how that MW title was being passed around....and golovkin just did one.....

you can hate CW fights and still accept that they happen....golovkin needed a big fight...and refused to negotiate them

Comment

Working...
                      X