Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Murata Batters Brant In Two, Reclaims Secondary 160-Pound Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
    BTW, get ready for Murata/Horn, which will be a huge draw in that part of the world. Curious to see if it ends up in Japan or Australia though
    I give Murata credit for taking the Lennox Lewis approach and decisively avenging losses. I do. But the question is why he's losing to these guys in the first place.

If I'm Murata, I take a tuneup, SKIP Horn and go another route. Because Murata's track record on Fight 1's isn't good and I'd hate to see him get beat up or knocked out by The Hornet, only to rematch and get knocked out even worse.

EDIT: BTW here's the highlight of the finish. Murata had better stay the hell away from Canelo AND Horn with that strategy of just throwing. He's scary accurate but his defense is not good. Canelo slips and catches him with an uppercut, Horn gets rough and tires him down before walking him down.

Last edited by Combat Talk Radio; 07-12-2019, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      I think DAZN would be ok with Canelo/Murata in Japan.
      I don't know? GGG and Andrade are signed to DAZN, and Murata is not! I could see Arum setting up Murata vs. Esquiva Falcao later in the year!

Esquiva Falcao headlines Teofimo Lopez-Masayoshi Nakatani undercard
      Falcao came within a point of beating Ryota Murata in the 2012 Olympic gold medal match

https://www.badlefthook.com/2019/7/1...-top-rank-espn

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        I don't know? GGG and Andrade are signed to DAZN, and Murata is not! I could see Arum setting up Murata vs. Esquiva Falcao later in the year!

Falcao came within a point of beating Ryota Murata in the 2012 Olympic gold medal match

Ok, that is a fair point. They didn't sign off on Andrade right now. Maybe they think he could upset Canelo and kill the profit margin of the 3rd GGG fight.

Murata, IMO, is a very winnable fight for Canelo. A road win to expand his brand would offset a lot of the negativity coming off the "franchise belt" garbage and the unwillingness to fight GGG. I think dan would make a deal, as would Bob.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
          Humblebragging bastard...

Damn, I always thought Murata was good but I thought Brants volume and movement were just a horrible style matchup for him - figured it was like his Kryptonite. Didn't see him making the adjustment like that at all. Dude's thrown himself right back in the mix now though.
          Tbh. The Murata that was robbed with N’Dam first I thought would be competitive with any top 5. The first Brant bout I thought Murata was B level. Unfortunately it took Murata up to the 10th round to really figure out all of Brant’s rhythm and choice setups.

Murata’s Team did a good job with tape. But tbh Murata very heavy handed like a PRIME ANGULO meets Slick-Ninja! I figured he would. Maybe Brant was C level tonight!
          Last edited by Thuglife Nelo; 07-12-2019, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post

This makes a lot of sense and the Falcao's are ****ing bums, so Morata will look good whipping the **** out of him

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Ok, that is a fair point. They didn't sign off on Andrade right now. Maybe they think he could upset Canelo and kill the profit margin of the 3rd GGG fight.

Murata, IMO, is a very winnable fight for Canelo. A road win to expand his brand would offset a lot of the negativity coming off the "franchise belt" garbage and the unwillingness to fight GGG. I think dan would make a deal, as would Bob.
              That's facts! DAZN and Top Rank do share the wealth! Hooker vs. Ramirez, Loma vs. Campbell, and I hope we get Fury vs. Miller too!

Comment

• Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                This makes a lot of sense and the Falcao's are ****ing bums, so Morata will look good whipping the **** out of him
                That's how Bob does it! He likes to get some soft touches, and then go for the big one, i.e. Fury vs. Schwarz!

Comment

• Murata just came of age with that powerful display! He is a playa now!

Comment

• Congratulations to Ryota Murata. I was highly entertained by his performance. He proved that he has fully recovered and healed from the beating he took in his previous bout against Rob Brant. Overall, job well done!

Comment

• I ve just seen the fight. Brant was lighting him up in the first round, his face was coming apart pretty badly.if murata ever gets brave enough to square up with one of the big boys im afraid for his health.good thing he is with sideshow bob.hell be having him fight bums until he ll retire

Comment

Working...
                      X