No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo vs. Derevyanchenko - Purse Bid Set For July 23

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo vs. Derevyanchenko - Purse Bid Set For July 23

Saul Alvarez and #1 ranked contender Sergiy Derevyanchenko. Alvarez was ordered to negotiate with Derevyanchenko on May 15, 2019. The IBF has received a written certification from Alex Dombroff, Esq. on behalf of Sergiy Derevyanchenko indicating that they were no longer willing to participate in negotiations and requested an immediate purse bid pursuant to IBF Rule 10A. The purse bid for this bout will take place on Tuesday, July 23, 2019 at 12 Noon.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It's weird cause the IBF had the press release on here about a month or so ago about this alleged mandatory & that was debunked, now this....

I think this is happening because the WBC was next in line in the mandatory spot. So since Canelo has vacated, the WBC is obviously not enforcing the mandatory. Lord knows wtf the WBA is doing, so the IBF must be next in line.

But this brings me to my next point: there has to be some sorta under the table money between the IBF & Keith Connolly &/or Al Haymon. The IBF is usually the most respectable sanctioning body. But this move is a head scratcher even with what I previously mentioned. I think mandatories across all sanctioning bodies are usually called every 8 or 9 months, so I get it, it is about that time. But it seems like the process was sped up with the WBC/Canelo doing that hoe shlt. Specifically for Derevyanchenko idk how tf he's so high in the rankings after just losing in Oct. But regardless of him specifically, he only won 1 fight (eliminator) in between the loss in which he fought for the belt. How is that enough to warrant ANY IBF challenger a shot? Let alone him!

It'll be interesting to see what Canelo does or what happens. If he does vacate & GGG fights Derevyanchenko, that might be the biggest hoe move in boxing history. He would rather cross networks for a fight then fight Demetrius Andrade. If that don't tell you who Andrade is, nothing will. The business has not been kind to Andrade at all. Politics I tell you smfh!

I swear boxing really eats its own. Niccas really just ruined the undisputed fight right before our very eyes. 2 fighters who legitimately might actually be the 2 best middleweights at this point & time are not gonna fight for all the belts. Who's to blame for this? There's so many questions/comments I have for this whole middleweight scene....
    Last edited by MPDKSAB; 07-09-2019, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Alvarez should ask IBF to award him a "franchise belt" as well...

Comment

So that puts an end to all this utter BS thats been going back and forth on this forum about who Canelo should or shouldnt face. The IBF have come to the rescue. Or are we guna have some resistance from Team Canelo on this.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
          Alvarez should ask IBF to award him a "franchise belt" as well...
          do you think derevyachenko makes sense next ?

Comment

No one wants to see this fight.

Comment

Ok. Whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
                ... "making sense" it's a tricky business...

... but no, I don't...

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
                  nothing makes sense with clenelo and gbp if they were thinking straight they'd fight GGG as that is the biggest money fight out there for them and it would satisfy dazn!

Comment

Here is something to think about ... Da Zone only approved 2 opponents, GGG and KOV.
                    So what if Canelo accepts the mandatory fight, what does Da Zone do?

Comment

Working...
                    X