Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn faces crisis over poor Dillian Whyte v Oscar Rivas ticket sales

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hearn is so british he manages to pronounce rivas poorly.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      Reminds me of the poster who said that he spoke to NYSAC and got a detailed email about Wilder/Breazelle’s attendance, comps, etc. But refused to prove it.

“You email them” was his rebuttal whenever anyone asked for proof.
      I remember that

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
        And that was complete BS. NYSAC doesn't give out commission sales reports...Since they don't keep him. They had me contact someone else who will get me MT-160 tax forms. I know they got my request since they emailed me back, but gave me almost a two month wait time LOL.

The thing with UK cards, I don't think their commission releases actual ticket sales numbers. So the promoter can sell you whatever he wants and you have no way to proving him wrong. Crazy, but none of their reporters even leak out the PPV sales numbers. Only way they get out in the public are from that BARB site which may or may not be accurate.
        It would explain why they trust everything promoters say over there

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
          It would explain why they trust everything promoters say over there
          It's pretty amazing how secretive they are out there. Or maybe that is the norm all throughout the world and the US is the anomaly. It's pretty much an open book stateside. Anyone can get their hands on most commission reports, PPV sales numbers can be had in about a weeks time by reporters and you even know the fighters purses.

Comment

It's a shame because it's a good card. But seems like they should've gone for a smaller venue or just accepted that Whyte isn't a big enough name, needed a more recognised opponent than Rivas, who is clearly a good fighter but not at all known in the UK. But this is the first UK card in some time where the 3 main fights could all go either way, they better not cancel it.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndroundko View Post
              he called world boxing news ldbc

Comment

SO, can someone with reliable voices in their head confirm if this is on DAZN?

Comment

Originally posted by Justintimothyko View Post
                  SO, can someone with reliable voices in their head confirm if this is on DAZN?
                  DAZN hasn’t even confirmed yet.

Comment

If the reporting is true then perhaps this is a backlash and a fallout over Matchroom shipping all of its talent over to the U.S. In order to fight on DAZN.

Comment

I would watch this card though so I hope sales do ok

Comment

Working...
                      X