No announcement yet.

Canelo fan here to reject garbage Munguia fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oracle01 View Post

lmao. Thanks for the laugh. I'm sure Dennis Hogan, Liam Smith, Rosado and 37 year old Devchenko, Takeshi Inoue, would go the distance with Benavidez right?
    Dervyachenko puts up a fight, Benavidez absolutely clobbers all of them

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Canelo should fight Benavidez, plain and simple, let’s get that out the way.

But Canelo-Munguia is an excellent fight and pretty damn high risk for Canelo.

I don’t think some fans understand that Canelo is no longer in his prime, looks on the decline with every fight, has a bad hand, and has enough stamina to begin with.

This will not be an easy fight at all. It’s certainly not a “garbage” fight. Munguia, due to his age, activity, size, and stamina, had a really good shot at outworking Canelo in a war.

Many of you will be surprised at the size difference in the ring. Munguia is going to be massive on fight night and it’s going to be more difficult than the Callum Smith and Sergey Kovalev fights because Munguia is a machine who throws a lot and throws hard, but also has a good chin.

Ya’ll should all calm down and wait til fight night. It’s going to be a war and Canelo has his work cut out for him.
      There's no risk for canelo, none. You want risk? benavidez or Morell JR. You know he is going to get flattened that's why you're so happy, ginger is not fighting a monster nor a true SMW contender, the kid has no defense and is a come-forward face-first type of fighter, tailored made for canelo.
      Last edited by garfios; 03-16-2024, 10:34 AM.
      K.O Azteca Gaydrien Boner likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaydrien Boner View Post

Dervyachenko puts up a fight, Benavidez absolutely clobbers all of them
        Dervyachenko would put up a fight for 1 round. He is a 5'7 middleweight. Mungia hits no where near as hard as Benavidez, who is very naturally heavy handed.

Comment

Dervyachenko would put up a fight for 1 round. He is a 5'7 middleweight. Mungia hits no where near as hard as Benavidez, who is very naturally heavy handed.
          David is very entertaining to watch compared to canelo who is slow as shieet, fast hands and decent power But his biggest flaws are his defense and his stance

Comment

Originally posted by Gaydrien Boner View Post

David is very entertaining to watch compared to canelo who is slow as shieet, fast hands and decent power But his biggest flaws are his defense and his stance
            His defense is actually very good. Plant and Andrade barely landed clean, and he is 5th on compubox for lowest opponent power punch % connect. Apparently most people can't tell the difference between blocked and landed punches. David rarely hit clean.

Comment

His defense is actually very good. Plant and Andrade barely landed clean, and he is 5th on compubox for lowest opponent power punch % connect. Apparently most people can't tell the difference between blocked and landed punches. David rarely hit clean.
              His defense is a tight high guard but his stance is the problem, I'm talking about the body

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post

There's no risk for canelo, none. You want risk? benavidez or Morell JR. You know he is going to get flattened that's why you're so happy, ginger is not fighting a monster nor a true SMW contender, the kid has no defense and is a come-forward face-first type of fighter, tailored made for canelo.
                You think extremely highly of Canelo if you see no risk in Munguia. I’d say you’re quite the Canelo fan.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

You think extremely highly of Canelo if you see no risk in Munguia. I’d say you’re quite the Canelo fan.
                  It's always a risk, in this case we know who's going to win, barring an injury there's no risk whatsoever that ginger would lose the fight. The other variant is if munguia's chin holds up, it will be interesting to see how it develops. Not watching though, not throwing away my money nor my time. You assuming that I think highly of canelo, it could be that I don't have much hope for the competition. Take your pick the result is going to be same. I know you were sarcastic.
                  Last edited by garfios; 03-17-2024, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X