No announcement yet.

Canelo fan here to reject garbage Munguia fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo fan here to reject garbage Munguia fight

I'm a huge Canelo fan, but I'll be first in line to say Canelo vs Munguia is absolute GARBAGE. Let's hope it does NOT happen.

I do not want to see this fight. It sucks, it's not above the other more interesting bouts available and should be plan E if all the other fights fall through. We are running out of time to book a fight for September so I'm hoping they don't just fight this kid. We need to push back against this fight from happening.

I will not be a GGG fan and defend this fight like they did. Shameless biiitches.

All I want to see is Canelo and Triple G beating Andrade and Charlo like I know they can. Then fighting a third fight to complete an awesome trilogy.

Looks like the Kova fight fell through after the offer was rejected and since we're crunched for time, this fight is becoming a possibility.

the fight is garbage. callum smith is ready. its a legacy fight but golden boy scured.

Comment

Yeah, I love Canelo but can't cosign a Munguia fight.

Sorry.

Comment

It’s a huge fight that’s a safe bet for Canelo and easy money.

It’s a no-brainer and I totally get why it would happen.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
          It’s a huge fight that’s a safe bet for Canelo and easy money.

It’s a no-brainer and I totally get why it would happen.

I'll co-sign as a third fight/December type bout, but not during Cinco De Mayo or Mexican Independence weekend in September. Absolute no no.

Comment

It’s Mexico vs. Mexico though.

The Chavez fight was similar in the fact that Chavez and Munguia both have overblown records and people who know boxing know Chavez/Munguia didn’t have a chance. Yet that fight was super successful and I expect this one to be.

I think a big part of that success was and is the holiday weekend.

Originally posted by Lion81 View Post
            I'll co-sign as a third fight/December type bout, but not during Cinco De Mayo or Mexican Independence weekend in September. Absolute no no.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
              It’s Mexico vs. Mexico though.

The Chavez fight was similar in the fact that Chavez and Munguia both have overblown records and people who know boxing know Chavez/Munguia didn’t have a chance. Yet that fight was super successful and I expect this one to be.

I think a big part of that success was and is the holiday weekend.
              If they're smart, they market the Mexico vs Mexico thing...in Mexico, in December. Canelo always says he wants to fight in Mexico.

Again, I don't want this fight in September. I was excited for Kova or Callum Smith.

Comment

I don't agree with this fight at all.

Andrade, Kovalev or Smith should be the only options.

Comment

Well, I dont think this is what they wanted but Munguia looks ready to lose as he hasnt gotten better. We all knew theyd sacrifice him to Canelo before they sacrificed him to someone else. Guess their hopes for Munguia diminished.

Not mad at this. It’ll be fun af for however long it lasts. Worst case scenario Canelo loses and they get a trilogy out of it and Munguia becomes a big star. Trash fight but I understand it especially on mexican independence day.

Comment

Originally posted by Lion81 View Post
                    I'm a huge Canelo fan, but I'll be first in line to say Canelo vs Munguia is absolute GARBAGE. Let's hope it does NOT happen.

I do not want to see this fight. It sucks, it's not above the other more interesting bouts available and should be plan E if all the other fights fall through. We are running out of time to book a fight for September so I'm hoping they don't just fight this kid. We need to push back against this fight from happening.

I will not be a GGG fan and defend this fight like they did. Shameless biiitches.

All I want to see is Canelo and Triple G beating Andrade and Charlo like I know they can. Then fighting a third fight to complete an awesome trilogy.

Looks like the Kova fight fell through after the offer was rejected and since we're crunched for time, this fight is becoming a possibility.
                    Yeah but look at it this way wouldn’t you rather Canelo intercept this fight from Golovkin who would surely show no mercy to Munguia and KHTFO? I would much rather Canelo give the schooling of his life then for Golovkin to end his career

Comment

Working...
                    X