No announcement yet.

Could Tyson have fought at 240 pounds ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dempsey19 View Post
    1. I wasn’t talking about a shredded 240.

2. There have been lots of world class heavyweights who have weighed around that much who are 6’3” or shorter.

3. You do not seem to want to continue this discussion. Why are you ?
    1. You dont know what you're talking about this has been established ,you're confirming this by now saying a FAT Tyson is best at 240 ?

2. There has never been a world class HW champion of 5'9 at 240 ,take the needle out of your arm.

3. You're either a real idiot or great troll maybe both ? ( I guessed right which is why I asked you whats the purpose of the thread ,there really is none beyond informing everyone that old Tyson is 240 pounds )

Theres even a post on here showing how lethargic he is at around 240 pounds but you still insist on arguing and posting back some real dumb B.S ,so that's how smart you are ? .lol I even answered your Ruiz weight question whicjh just flew over your head ( SHOCKING ) so I knew once again its a waste of time here...... lol

O.K continue on the idiocy ,i'll just read the dumbed down replies you post . You should have made a thread about 6'3 Mike Tyson and tell us how he does at 300 pounds ,at least that would be more entertaining..just going on your created thread history tells me you are an imbecile....

" Liston wasn't EVEN a good fighter " ? .... lol
    Last edited by juggernaut666; 06-27-2019, 05:27 PM.

Comment

If you look at pictures of him nowadays he is definitely in better shape than he was in the mid-2000s. Nowadays he looks like he has 10 pounds less fat and 15 pounds more muscle than in these pictures. And besides, I’m talking about a young 240 pound Tyson and Tyson was already quite old in those fights.

Also, the extra fat could help with stamina since he was AJ-ripped at 220.

Won’t the size and strength help against big superheavies ? Giving up 30 pounds to a Klitschko or a Fury can’t be helpful.

What’s this rubbish about being fat helping with stamina, carrying extra lbs of fat helps nothing whatso ever

Also, it’s Tyson’s speed and explosive power that would kill the superheavies

Comment

Originally posted by Armchairhero View Post
        What’s this rubbish about being fat helping with stamina, carrying extra lbs of fat helps nothing whatso ever

it helped George foreman big time. when he was young and ripped he had s hit stamina

Comment

Originally posted by Armchairhero View Post

Not so much fat as not being absolutely shredded.

If you look at most fighters throughout history, none were as lean as Tyson. Ali didn't have a 6 pack. Neither did Louis. Larry Holmes was fit but not ripped to shreds. You couldn't count Lennox Lewis' cuts. Vitali was big and well built but not shredded. Tyson Fury looks quite soft.

Tyson is pretty much the only fighter in history who had that ultra low bodyfat look. The only other 2 were Anthony Joshua and Frank Bruno, is it a coincidence that all 3 had stamina issues. Bruno and Old Foreman had similar amounts of muscle but Foreman had the fat to feed the muscle and he had amazing stamina.
          Last edited by Dempsey19; 06-28-2019, 09:51 AM.

Comment

I read recently that Mike Tyson weighs 240 pounds nowadays.

He is carrying the weight well. He looks slim, fit and in-shape and has a flat stomach. Doesn’t seem much more than 15-18% body fat. He actually looks fitter than Tyson Fury does ! In videos of him sparring he doesn’t seem slowed down much.

Do you think he could have fought at 240 pounds in his fighting days ?
            I love Tyson at 215,, but he has what Japanese people call. Shiawase futtori/buttori.. happiness fat, being happily married, enjoying life, children.. perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
              it helped George foreman big time. when he was young and ripped he had s hit stamina
              Sssme men carry fat well, others get tired carrying it...

Comment

Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
                Foreman was never shredded LOL. Even in his first career I doubt he ever dropped below 20% body fat. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a single ab on that man and even at 15% you should at least be able to somewhat see the abs.

Heck even at 217 against Frazier- Foreman had a fuller face than Mike does today at 240 !

He was properly fat in his comeback though- I’d estimate 25-30% body fat.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                  1. You dont know what you're talking about this has been established ,you're confirming this by now saying a FAT Tyson is best at 240 ?

2. There has never been a world class HW champion of 5'9 at 240 ,take the needle out of your arm.

3. You're either a real idiot or great troll maybe both ? ( I guessed right which is why I asked you whats the purpose of the thread ,there really is none beyond informing everyone that old Tyson is 240 pounds )

Theres even a post on here showing how lethargic he is at around 240 pounds but you still insist on arguing and posting back some real dumb B.S ,so that's how smart you are ? .lol I even answered your Ruiz weight question whicjh just flew over your head ( SHOCKING ) so I knew once again its a waste of time here...... lol

O.K continue on the idiocy ,i'll just read the dumbed down replies you post . You should have made a thread about 6'3 Mike Tyson and tell us how he does at 300 pounds ,at least that would be more entertaining..just going on your created thread history tells me you are an imbecile....

" Liston wasn't EVEN a good fighter " ? .... lol
                  I just made a list of 16 champions or top contenders who were 6'3" or shorter and around 240 pounds or heavier but ReCapcha undermined me.

Let’s see if I can do it again-

George Foreman
                  Andy Ruiz jr
                  Ike ibeabuchi
                  David Tua
                  Bermaine stiverne
                  Luis Ortiz
                  Derrick chisora
                  Carlos takam
                  Samuel Peter
                  Buster Mathis
                  Adilson Rodrigues (not quite 240 but close)
                  Tony Galento
                  Hasim Rahman
                  Lamon Brewster
                  Dillian Whyte
                  Jarrell Miller

Yup that is 16 !

Edit: Ray Mercer too.
                  James Toney.
                  Last edited by Dempsey19; 07-04-2019, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Foreman was never shredded LOL. Even in his first career I doubt he ever dropped below 20% body fat. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a single ab on that man and even at 15% you should at least be able to somewhat see the abs.

Heck even at 217 against Frazier- Foreman had a fuller face than Mike does today at 240 !

He was properly fat in his comeback though- I’d estimate 25-30% body fat.
                    either you are blind or 14 years old. a real ignorant ba stard. but foreman was a fat f#ck in the Olympics and at almost 6'4 and 217 he was real fat when he became champ
                    Last edited by nacho daddy; 06-28-2019, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Not so much fat as not being absolutely shredded.

If you look at most fighters throughout history, none were as lean as Tyson. Ali didn't have a 6 pack. Neither did Louis. Larry Holmes was fit but not ripped to shreds. You couldn't count Lennox Lewis' cuts. Vitali was big and well built but not shredded. Tyson Fury looks quite soft.

Tyson is pretty much the only fighter in history who had that ultra low bodyfat look. The only other 2 were Anthony Joshua and Frank Bruno, is it a coincidence that all 3 had stamina issues. Bruno and Old Foreman had similar amounts of muscle but Foreman had the fat to feed the muscle and he had amazing stamina.

Ha ha, fat feeding the muscle, I’ve heard it all now,,, making my brain hurt

Comment

Working...
                      X