Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who knows better how to score a boxing match?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by icha View Post
    so people here really believe that judges keep track of how many punches are landed by each fighter in each round ??? and no, judges dont use compubox to score a round like some of you do...
    if compubox shows 13-10, 11-9 or 22-18 round doesnt mean a judge is going to score for the fighter who landed more, unless the difference is evident judges arent always scoring the round to the fighter who landed more, simply cuz most of the time they dont even know... this isnt amateur ...

GREAT post !!

1) attempting to insinuate that Weisfeld implied that in his quote..... was stupid

2) attempting to insinuate that Weisfeld implied that in his quote..... when he was an official judge for the Canelo/Golovkin rematch, and awarded the fight to Canelo..... was REALLY stupid

oh well

NOBODY (including the guys who voted for me) think that I know more than Mr Weisfeld..... the guys who voted for me, and who voted 'too close to call'..... were voting against the ****head who made the thread

props to them

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
      Honestly I should have made the votes public...and I should have clarified better where Mr Time was seemingly trying to contort the rules in his favor...but yeah it is funny lol...to be tongue in cheek I added the tie option which I was hoping would get some votes...I honestly just thought it was a funny thread and wanted to rib Time a little bit, no hard feelings to him

Steve Weisfeld says.....

Comment

• it is truly hilarious, that fans of the guy who missed 1000+ punches... who could not get his game going... and who got beaten up..... do not appreciate defense, ring generalship, and clean hard punching LMAO

..... no no, " volume "..... is suddenly more important than the OFFICIAL scoring criteria LMAO

Comment

• the way that some of you guys loudly declared how easy it was to score a fight..... but then immediately proved that you don't even know the basics..... (that not all landed punches score)..... (and that all 4 official criteria are valid at ALL times, with clean hard punching being the main criteria)..... was funny as hell, seriously

to kill that..... " all landed punches count "..... rubbish.....

to kill that " defence/effective aggression/ring generalship don't count " rubbish.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
            Good natured ball breaking is cool, but when a ''fan'' gets all HAM.....C'mon now.
            Lol yeah it's tough to stay even keeled sometimes...we all have our biases as well...I just try to call it like I see it and enjoy the sport...think life is too short to really get offended all the time too if I disagree with someone on here...I guess I'm just getting older lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
              Serious question - if two guys fight, and each round they land the same punches on the other, but you feel one guy shows better defense every round, would you score it 12-0/how would you score it? To me that is a 6-6 fight all day...not to mention that one could see it as the guy who threw more punches was controlling the action by negating his opponent from even attempting to score on him...so you could value his 'defense and ring generalship' as much as the other fighter who slipped more punches
              Good question, and it highlights what I believe is a major problem with the way boxing is scored - the scoring criteria are too subjective. Personally, I use only 2 criteria when scoring fights - who landed the most clean punches, and the visible effect those punches had on the opponent. And I'm not talking about facial damage there, I'm talking about a fighter being visibly hurt or shaken by a punch, which I only apply if I see the number of punches landed by both fighters as even.

If I see the number of punches landed by both as even, and neither was visibly hurt by the other, then I score that round as even.

I don't agree with pressuring judges to always pick a winner and a loser after every round. The problem with that policy is that it promotes subjectivity over objectivity, and gives too much leeway and wiggle room to biased judges who may be looking for reasons to favour one guy over the other.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                Ridiculous, a fighter can completely embarrass his opponent and show he's in control with defence. If a fighter is throwing and not landing then the fighter who prevented him landing gets credit for doing so.
                Sweet pea did that to Chavez sr.
                Floyd did it to Manny to a certain extent.

RJJ used to do it.

Getti started to earn how to slip punches, but face first fights can’t change over night.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                  Good question, and it highlights what I believe is a major problem with the way boxing is scored - the scoring criteria are too subjective. Personally, I use only 2 criteria when scoring fights - who landed the most clean punches, and the visible effect those punches had on the opponent. And I'm not talking about facial damage there, I'm talking about a fighter being visibly hurt or shaken by a punch, which I only apply if I see the number of punches landed by both fighters as even.

If I see the number of punches landed by both as even, and neither was visibly hurt by the other, then I score that round as even.

I don't agree with pressuring judges to always pick a winner and a loser after every round. The problem with that policy is that it promotes subjectivity over objectivity, and gives too much leeway and wiggle room to biased judges who may be looking for reasons to favour one guy over the other.
                  Most excellent post. Outstanding. Green k sent.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                    the way that some of you guys loudly declared how easy it was to score a fight..... but then immediately proved that you don't even know the basics..... (that not all landed punches score)..... (and that all 4 official criteria are valid at ALL times, with clean hard punching being the main criteria)..... was funny as hell, seriously

to kill that..... " all landed punches count "..... rubbish.....

to kill that " defence/effective aggression/ring generalship don't count " rubbish.....

Nice, jhonny and I picked you over my fellow ***. I firmly believe that these guys got jobs because of family connections.

Comment

• Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                      Clean punching should always be the the most important category in scoring fights. Sadly a lot of fans and even a lot of pro judges don't follow that rule. You have fights like Lara vs Castano where one guy lands the vast majority of the clean punches and can only manage a draw. Its a joke.
                      Effective aggressiveness as well as clean punching.

You can tap body shots in a clinch and they are not effective.

Comment

Working...
                      X