Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who knows better how to score a boxing match?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so people here really believe that judges keep track of how many punches are landed by each fighter in each round ??? and no, judges dont use compubox to score a round like some of you do...
    if compubox shows 13-10, 11-9 or 22-18 round doesnt mean a judge is going to score for the fighter who landed more, unless the difference is evident judges arent always scoring the round to the fighter who landed more, simply cuz most of the time they dont even know... this isnt amateur ...

Comment

• the poll is biased af by the way... arguments shulbe used, not the names of a forum user vs a judge...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ca$ual Fan View Post
        I think this is a good topic to discuss. It's much better that we have an agreement on how one should win a round in a boxing match before watching actual fights and then end up debating who won that round. We might be seeing the same action, but we may be looking at a different criterion which ends up seeing a different winner and clowns someone who picks the other side. I think the criterion that we are looking up more is where we end up picking different winners of each round.
        Thanks man...good post...to be honest I unfortunately feel that even most hardcore fans on here are set in their biases when they watch a fight...and will look for ways to score for their guy or against the guy they don't like.

Not to put myself above that either...but in general I stick to the same criteria, and to be perfectly honest I don't care at all if I see one of 'my guys' lose...if I am really a fan of that guy, and I legit see him lose, I know the other guy probably earned it, because I am fans of guys who usually put in some work...no shame in being 2nd best sometimes...you just tip your hat, move on, and move forward.

Sadly I think a lot of people on here have their self-worth tied up in/against certain fighters succeeding...so they will always side with their guy or against the other guy because it means so much to them...my 2 cents anyway.

Thanks though and I agree that it is good to talk boxing on here, and have some real boxing discussions

Comment

• Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
          The answer didn't need an essay
          No but unfortunately I have been writing them anyway :0 lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
            No but unfortunately I have been writing them anyway :0 lol
            I'm too lazy and uninteresting to type essays.

Comment

• Originally posted by jas View Post
              Making a thread trying to embarrass one poster is lame. It is bullying
              Lol...I appreciate your opinion my friend...but when one man challenges another grown man, how is that bullying? He made some public comments and I posted them...odd take to be honest my friend.

I encourage you to have some interactions with Mr Time. You must not be familiar with him. Be well.

Comment

• Originally posted by icha View Post
                so people here really believe that judges keep track of how many punches are landed by each fighter in each round ??? and no, judges dont use compubox to score a round like some of you do...
                if compubox shows 13-10, 11-9 or 22-18 round doesnt mean a judge is going to score for the fighter who landed more, unless the difference is evident judges arent always scoring the round to the fighter who landed more, simply cuz most of the time they dont even know... this isnt amateur ...
                I imagine most judges, or probably all, keep track somewhat of what punches are landing and really scoring in a round...kind of have to keep track in a way...otherwise how can you even score the round ya know?...probably a formula where a scoring shot is .5 points...and a big shot is 1 full point or more...generally the system I use...

Originally posted by icha View Post
                the poll is biased af by the way... arguments shulbe used, not the names of a forum user vs a judge...
                I encourage you to have some interactions with Mr Time my friend.

Anyway thanks for your posts/feedback

Comment

• Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                  I'm too lazy and uninteresting to type essays.
                  Lol....hey I like ya Curtis...even though we agree on boxing like 25% of the time maybe :0

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                    I am not from the UK son

everyone who has been here for more than 5 minutes knows where I am from

1) why would anyone lie about where they are from..... ?

2) how is where I am from even relevant..... ?

is figuring out the official scoring criteria more relevant to you at this point?
                    You never said how you scored Andrade-Vanes btw?

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
                      Lol....hey I like ya Curtis...even though we agree on boxing like 25% of the time maybe :0
                      Ditto

I hope I'm civil about our disagreements.
                      Being an emo fight fan leads to

Comment

Working...
                      X