Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tyson Fury proved he's #1 HW. He also showed me why Crawford isn't P4P anything.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyson Fury proved he's #1 HW. He also showed me why Crawford isn't P4P anything.

Tyson Fury just walked through an undefeated #2 WBO and Top 10 IBF guy. In two rounds.

DO you know who else fought a #2 WBO guy - two of them actually - that was undefeated? Manny Pacquiao. He lost. Both times.

Do you know who fought a #1 WBO guy that was undefeated? Terence Crawford. He won...but it took him 9 rounds to get him out of there AND it was a questionable stoppage in the process, leaving a huge asterisk on that win, then ducked the rematch.

You see, these are the kinds of fights I like. Going in you don't know for sure if this guy who fights like X is going to stink up the joint or what, and then come fight night, they go in there and get the job done and PROVE why they're better than the other guy. No asterisks. Just a straight blowout. I can't stand close fights and I can't stand when one guy who's supposedly the best in class is damn near taken the distance by guys who are supposedly not on their level. PROVE they're not on your level. Get them the F out of there.

I watched the playback. Tom Schwarz came to fight, he didn't come for a check. That boy was throwing for the fences like I haven't seen since Mayweather/N'dou or Bradley/Provodnikov. Fury was just too fast, and as I said, it all came down to whether Fury could avoid getting overconfident and getting nailed with a right hand. Schwarz's strategy is all he could do. Boxing with Fury wasn't going to end any better.

Schwarz didn't look anywhere NEAR as slow as he has in the past, so he was at least motivated. Unfortunately his defense was about as good as Bermane Stiverne's.

Schwarz beats Alex Leapai with ease. He probably beats half the Top 10.

Schwarz wipes the ring with Leapai.

Comment

It remains to be seen and it's still too premature and inconclusive to suggest that Fury is the #1 HW in the world.

Until we can prove that he is fully clean then all his wins are suspect to me. He is an admitted substance abuser and known juicer, who have popped dirty for PEDS before in the past.

He could been on them tonight for all we know because there was no VADA testing for this training camp and he is the lineal champion. Therefore, he has to set an example and precedence for sportsmanship.

We don't know how many other times he probably popped dirty because UKAD is a joke. The Hammer fight was the only time that UKAD had disclosed his failed test results.

Comment

He proved nothing. 3 of his last 4 fights have been against unknown opponents.

Not only was schwarz not even top5 German he lost to Gashi a few fights ago. Gashi is ranked 14th German for info! If you watched that fight score this one started you will have realised how pointless this “event” was. I’m just glad I didn't bother spending my £20

Comment

No asterisk?

He turned down an ordered title rematch to fight an unknown guy. It was the Fury show, not a live fight.

You don't think that deserves an asterisk?

Comment

Ranked by IBF and WBO but not TBRB or The Ring...

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
              It remains to be seen and it's still too premature and inconclusive to suggest that Fury is the #1 HW in the world.

Until we can prove that he is fully clean then all his wins are suspect to me. He is an admitted substance abuser and known juicer, who have popped dirty for PEDS before in the past.

He could been on them tonight for all we know because there was no VADA testing for this training camp and he is the lineal champion. Therefore, he has to set an example and precedence for sportsmanship.

We don't know how many other times he probably popped dirty because UKAD is a joke. The Hammer fight was the only time that UKAD had disclosed his failed test results.
              VADA testing is not a measure of boxing skill. All the skill in the world can't help you against a solid, well rounded (pun intended) opponent.

If it were, we wouldn't have Andy Ruiz as your undisputed champion of the world.

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
              He proved nothing. 3 of his last 4 fights have been against unknown opponents.
              Everybody faces unknowns. Manny Pacquiao did two years ago...and LOST!

Point is, you can't criticize a guy for building up resume. While he's not getting any younger, he doesn't seem to be regressing as a fighter. So he can go at least another year or two, get more comfortable back in the ring and then go after top names again.

Besides, maybe you don't know these top ranked guys because you don't really follow the sport as diligently as you think you do.

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
              No asterisk?

He turned down an ordered title rematch to fight an unknown guy. It was the Fury show, not a live fight.

You don't think that deserves an asterisk?
              Nope, because of the circumstances behind it.

Fury knows he should have won that fight, BUT he also knows how close he was to not winning it. He had to go another route. Rematching Wilder immediately would have resulted im him getting chased back home in disgrace like Joshua was.

He had to shut up naysayers across NSB that said "you can't win when you got dropped two times" (despite numerous examples through history of this).

He had to build it up. He was right to marinate it. The only bad call I saw was joining Top Rank. I think that was a mistake. Despite that, there were no asterisks to the win. It was a clean win, no question about the stoppage itself, no low blows out of frustration like Crawford, no suspicious booking in Malaysia like Manny, etc. Just a clean, solid win in a clean location against an undefeated, top ranking opponent.

Originally posted by thedarkdragon11 View Post
              Ranked by IBF and WBO but not TBRB or The Ring...
              Ranked by the ones who actually manage championships, not a bunch of random volunteers or a magazine owned by Fishnets De La Hoya. Right.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post

Just a question... are you manually typing this "Fury on PEDs" post, or do you just cut and paste it from the 50 other threads you've posted it in today?

As for this thread, I'm assuming the TS is trolling. I can think of no other possible explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                  Just a question... are you manually typing this "Fury on PEDs" post, or do you just cut and paste it from the 50 other threads you've posted it in today?

As for this thread, I'm assuming the TS is trolling. I can think of no other possible explanation.
                  Trolling why? Because Fury beat a Top 10 fighter?

It's not my fault they ranked Schwarz up that high, but I still maintain he beats half the current Top 10. You guys are digging on Schwarz because of Fury's performance when that's not fair. It's Tyson MF'n Fury. I already told you people he was top of the mountain years ago. You still refuse to accept how good he is.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                    VADA testing is not a measure of boxing skill. All the skill in the world can't help you against a solid, well rounded (pun intended) opponent.

If it were, we wouldn't have Andy Ruiz as your undisputed champion of the world.
                    However it is a measure of endurance, stamina and power. Something which he displayed in this fight and besides, how can a man weighing nearly three hundred pounds, can bounce on his toes in the center of the ring with so much energy and stamina and not get tired for twelve straight, consecutive rounds? It all sounds very suspect to me.

Comment

Working...
                    X