No announcement yet.

Only thing worse than watching Andre box is listening to him commentate

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only thing worse than watching Andre box is listening to him commentate

Dude is insufferable imo...obviously a good boxing mind, but the way he tries to make his rather ordinary opinions out to be some revelationary stuff...I just can't with this dude lol.

Have to turn the fights on mute with him now...every time I see him or hear him talking I instantly think of Shook Ones by Mobb Deep lol...dude just is the epitome of a halfway crook imo.

Sorry just needed to get that off my chest, don't know if anyone else agrees, but the dude hardly ever keeps it real imo and I just wish ESPN would find a new boxing guy.

I lol'd @

Bradley " that was kinda a cheap shot with barreras arm all tangled"

Ward" i'd a hit him"

Of ****ing course you would have. You and shawn porter are probably buddyslol

Comment

Ward was complaining about the amount of clinching ... how ironic ....lol

Comment

He is boring and bland as **** commentating

Comment

Yeah, I get what you’re saying, he’s comes off as arrogant as phck but if you can ignore that part, he’s got a lot of information in between that is usually spot on. Mostly I like the guy but I work with several guys who are seriously aspergers, he reminds me a little of them. I think he is probably on the spectrum.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
            Yeah, I get what you’re saying, he’s comes off as arrogant as phck but if you can ignore that part, he’s got a lot of information in between that is usually spot on. Mostly I like the guy but I work with several guys who are seriously aspergers, he reminds me a little of them. I think he is probably on the spectrum.
            Yes a ton of boxers have mental disabilities but the same thing can be said about most the general population imho. Ward is actually very articulate for a boxer,much better than the majority of commentators thats for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
              I lol'd @

Bradley " that was kinda a cheap shot with barreras arm all tangled"

Ward" i'd a hit him"

Of ****ing course you would have. You and shawn porter are probably buddyslol
              Lol. Yeah I missed that part, funny stuff though. I like some good dirty fighting but yeah that's literally all Andre could do well in there imo. Never saw him really separate boxing wise when he fought B level guys or above. Froch fight probably the one exception where I thought he boxed well and won a decisive 7-5 decision.

And yeah I just feel like everything he says as a commentator is in a way trying to hype himself up and tell everyone how 'great' he was. I just can't with this dude lol.

Comment

Originally posted by TexDeuce View Post
                He is boring and bland as **** commentating
                Originally posted by 4truth View Post
                Originally posted by DeathWish View Post
                That would have been really funny to hear lol.

Originally posted by kushking View Post
                Yes a ton of boxers have mental disabilities but the same thing can be said about most the general population imho. Ward is actually very articulate for a boxer,much better than the majority of commentators thats for sure.
                Good posts guys. Yeah I think Andre is a pretty smart guy and was a tough smart fighter. But he reminds me of the one friend who is like average intelligence in a lot of ways, but is always trying to manipulate you, and you see right through it, because when someone does it all the time, it is easy to spot, especially if they aren't like a complete genius.

He seems like a pretty good dude, family man etc though. No real issue with him, I just know some people like that in real life and I can't listen to anything they have to say either usually.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathWish View Post
                  No fkn way lol, was he seriously complaining about another boxer clinching to much?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
                    Dude is insufferable imo...obviously a good boxing mind, but the way he tries to make his rather ordinary opinions out to be some revelationary stuff...I just can't with this dude lol.

Have to turn the fights on mute with him now...every time I see him or hear him talking I instantly think of Shook Ones by Mobb Deep lol...dude just is the epitome of a halfway crook imo.

Sorry just needed to get that off my chest, don't know if anyone else agrees, but the dude hardly ever keeps it real imo and I just wish ESPN would find a new boxing guy.
                    He doesn't bother me that much...I do enjoy him deliberately baiting and disagreeing with Bradley though - Almost seems like there's some genuine bad blood with them.

Comment

Working...
                    X