Collapse
No announcement yet.

Only thing worse than watching Andre box is listening to him commentate

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ward is an idiot savant, and Hunter is Rainman.

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
      Self righteous company man Ward, Son of Judges
      I like the reference. Ward was always a part time fighter. He was lucky to beat Kovalev the first time. He beat him the second time but I still feel he landed low once or twice. His career will forever be mostly speculation at how good he really was or could have been. I always thought Kovalev was overrated anyway, and Ward got the worst of it the first time. He clinched to victory, only looked good cause it was a comeback, but that’s not fair to Kovalev. Ward is nobody’s favourite commentator. I think he was a good fighter, but boxing would be awful if top fighters were all like him. He’s a footnote in boxing history.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
        Lol. Yeah I missed that part, funny stuff though. I like some good dirty fighting but yeah that's literally all Andre could do well in there imo. Never saw him really separate boxing wise when he fought B level guys or above. Froch fight probably the one exception where I thought he boxed well and won a decisive 7-5 decision.

And yeah I just feel like everything he says as a commentator is in a way trying to hype himself up and tell everyone how 'great' he was. I just can't with this dude lol.
        I'm actually an Andre ward fan..

two fights that get me:

Kovalev 1

and kessler..

I think ward would have lost these two on point had it not been for certain advantages. He said after the fight Kessler "threw him off"

His way of dealing with this was using his head as a weapon all fight

Ironically, I'm a HUGE fan of all three fighters.

Comment

So you make a thread about Andre Ward's commentating but not Timothy Bradley's bootlicking of everything toprank and Fury. I would have thought that would make even Fury fans uncomfortable how far Bradley was up his ass.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
            Yeah, I get what you’re saying, he’s comes off as arrogant as phck but if you can ignore that part, he’s got a lot of information in between that is usually spot on. Mostly I like the guy but I work with several guys who are seriously aspergers, he reminds me a little of them. I think he is probably on the spectrum.
            yeah one of his parents handed him down some "******" ****. at least he got a mild form of it.

Comment

I am a big ward fan. From Olympics to beating kovalev soundly I think second fight.

Comment

Honestly he's clever and seems like basically a good guy but there is something off-putting about him. Maybe he's just trying a little bit too hard at being a media-friendly personality since he's still new to that side of the business

Comment

I like Ward's commentary. The insufferable one is Tim Bradley. He sucks big time.

Comment

I want to backhand him and knock that smirk off his face. I never liked him as a fighter cuz he boring as hell and same on the mic. He is rubbish all around.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
                      I'm actually an Andre ward fan..

two fights that get me:

Kovalev 1

and kessler..

I think ward would have lost these two on point had it not been for certain advantages. He said after the fight Kessler "threw him off"

His way of dealing with this was using his head as a weapon all fight

Ironically, I'm a HUGE fan of all three fighters.
                      Good post, thanks man. Yeah at the top level I think Andre usually got pretty dirty, and being the home fighter, usually got away with any shenanigans while also getting a high percentage of the close rounds. No real issue with him I just personally didn't see elite skills when I watched him box at the top level. Tough, smart fighter though.

Comment

Working...
                      X