Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Golovkin's Return, Zab Judah Injury, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Golovkin's Return, Zab Judah Injury, More

The Daily Bread Mailbag returns with Stephen "Breadman" Edwards tackling topics such as the return of Gennady Golovkin, the recent injury suffered by Zab Judah, detailing some of the rising prospects in the sport, and more.
    [Click Here To Read More]

As always very Good mailbag. Sad about Zab, I'm curious what testing was involved in his fight with Seldin. I remember how limited he looked against Yves Ulysse.

Comment

This simple quote from. Bread "His biggest rival is 8 years younger than him and most people thought he won both fights. He certainly won the 1st one." is a stance that many Canelo fans refuse to acknowledge. That alone is a justifiable reason for a 3rd fight which Oscar always tries to talk down.

Comment

Cletus seldin is very much a known quantity and was featured on HBO (in back to back fights one month apart if I remember correctly) and some big cards in a big fight where the yves ulysse, the French Canadian zag Judah, beat the piss out of him, knocked him down a few times and was certainly not rewarded for his fantastic performance.

He’s a huge draw in NY, and, if matched very carefully, is absolutely devastating.

It was such a bummer to see a guy who’s as exceptionally skilled as San Judah just shot, totally shot, takin a beat down from a club fighter.

Yes the steroids are common knowledge.
        Last edited by ceylon mooney; 06-15-2019, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
          This simple quote from. Bread "His biggest rival is 8 years younger than him and most people thought he won both fights. He certainly won the 1st one." is a stance that many Canelo fans refuse to acknowledge. That alone is a justifiable reason for a 3rd fight which Oscar always tries to talk down.

Yes. True that. The first one wasn’t a difficult fight to score. I haven’t rewatched the rematch, and I wasn’t tryin to score it, but I couldn’t tell who won.

Oh btw—Don trella, who scored golovkins win over Alvarez a draw—turned in another bogus card with Katy Taylor-Delphine Persoon.

Comment

"He certainly won the 1st one."

Comment

So who do you think won the 2nd Canelo-Triple g fight??
              Most would agree Triple g won the first but most pro-fighters and unbiased fan's had Canelo winning the 2nd fight.
              Don't you think triple g should have fought Andrade for the WBO belt and have the winner unify against Canelo??
              Aren't you tired of Triple g fighting tomato cans while he begs for a third Canelo payday???

Comment

Originally posted by ceylon mooney View Post
                Yes. True that. The first one wasn’t a difficult fight to score. I haven’t rewatched the rematch, and I wasn’t tryin to score it, but I couldn’t tell who won.

Oh btw—Don trella, who scored golovkins win over Alvarez a draw—turned in another bogus card with Katy Taylor-Delphine Persoon.
                yeah, persoon got a raw deal with that decision. Obviously there's corruption in boxing that we don't know about, but what's known is that judges tend to favor the more popular /bigger money fighter because it helps to land them the higher paying gigs with better accommodations if they're preferred by those big name fighters or their promotional companies. That's why almost all big fights have the same mix of only maybe 5-10 different judges.

Comment

A third fight would be a money grab for ggg. Canelo doesn't need to fight g to make money, never has.

I actually think g did better second time around than the first. Why, because canelo gave him a chance to hit him second time around. The first time g just couldn't touch him consistently.

Comment

I think Alvarez needs to find a way to beat Golovkin fam.

Comment

Working...
                    X