Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Golovkin's Return, Zab Judah Injury, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BeLikeWater View Post
    A third fight would be a money grab for ggg. Canelo doesn't need to fight g to make money, never has.

I actually think g did better second time around than the first. Why, because canelo gave him a chance to hit him second time around. The first time g just couldn't touch him consistently.
    I didn't mention money. I'm talking about the need and desire for getting a definitive winner from both fighters. That's why pac and Marquez fought until someone won convincingly. That's why Gatti and ward fought 3 times. It's why morales and Barrera fought 3 times. It's why Raul Marquez and Vasquez fought as many times as they did. Real warriors want to set the record straight. Canelo can walk away if he wants to and financially he'll be fine, but in the minds of most unbiased fans, he doesn't have a convincing win over ggg, and being that he's 8 yrs younger, he should.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
      I didn't mention money. I'm talking about the need and desire for getting a definitive winner from both fighters. That's why pac and Marquez fought until someone won convincingly. That's why Gatti and ward fought 3 times. It's why morales and Barrera fought 3 times. It's why Raul Marquez and Vasquez fought as many times as they did. Real warriors want to set the record straight. Canelo can walk away if he wants to and financially he'll be fine, but in the minds of most unbiased fans, he doesn't have a convincing win over ggg, and being that he's 8 yrs younger, he should.
      Well we have to give g some props. He may not be a polished gem skill wise, he can bang and take a punch. So he didn't get knocked out or rolled over. But do you really think there's a chance he'll win a third fight? I think canelo kinda proved one punch isn't gonna do it.

I see canelo reverting to the stick and move strategy of the first fight, except this time being conditioned to counter more and go to the body more and break g down more dramatically.

As for g, I just don't see him doing anything to improve technique wise. I think the best he could do is"try harder".

That being said, of course I'd watch it if it comes to fruition. I'd just like to see canelo clear the division since he got the ball rolling with jacobs. A g fight would be kind of be spiting progress. Next up, andrade, even though that would leave match room high and dry rn. Then,Charlo although I think he's content being bum fighter of the year plus the korobov fight has him needing redemption.

Comment

Originally posted by BeLikeWater View Post
        Well we have to give g some props. He may not be a polished gem skill wise, he can bang and take a punch. So he didn't get knocked out or rolled over. But do you really think there's a chance he'll win a third fight? I think canelo kinda proved one punch isn't gonna do it.

I see canelo reverting to the stick and move strategy of the first fight, except this time being conditioned to counter more and go to the body more and break g down more dramatically.

As for g, I just don't see him doing anything to improve technique wise. I think the best he could do is"try harder".

That being said, of course I'd watch it if it comes to fruition. I'd just like to see canelo clear the division since he got the ball rolling with jacobs. A g fight would be kind of be spiting progress. Next up, andrade, even though that would leave match room high and dry rn. Then,Charlo although I think he's content being bum fighter of the year plus the korobov fight has him needing redemption.
        if a 3rd fight were to happen, I'd favor Canelo. Ggg is on the wrong side of 35 and has been gradually slowing down since around the brook fight. It's still a credible fight if they were to do it in Sept, but beyond that, it'll lose intrigue because ggg will be that much older. Ideally, let them fight in Sept and let Charlo and Andrade establish a leader of the pack for the winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
          if a 3rd fight were to happen, I'd favor Canelo. Ggg is on the wrong side of 35 and has been gradually slowing down since around the brook fight. It's still a credible fight if they were to do it in Sept, but beyond that, it'll lose intrigue because ggg will be that much older. Ideally, let them fight in Sept and let Charlo and Andrade establish a leader of the pack for the winner.
          Yeah that all sounds about right. Except I don't see Charlo or andrade fighting each other. They dont beleive in themselves enough to risk losing that canelo bread unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
            So who do you think won the 2nd Canelo-Triple g fight??
            Most would agree Triple g won the first but most pro-fighters and unbiased fan's had Canelo winning the 2nd fight.
            Don't you think triple g should have fought Andrade for the WBO belt and have the winner unify against Canelo??
            Aren't you tired of Triple g fighting tomato cans while he begs for a third Canelo payday???
            I'm neither a Canelo or GGG fan but I thought Canelo won both fights.

The first fight I thought Canelo put on a defensive master class and the second one I thought it was an offensive master class. The only reason the fights were close in my opinion were because of Canelo's lack of stamina.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post

The first fight I thought Canelo put on a defensive master class and the second one I thought it was an offensive master class. The only reason the fights were close in my opinion were because of Canelo's lack of stamina.
              Well you make great, valid points.
              I'm a huge Canelo fan but I'll be honest. I had Canelo losing the first fight. But I did have Canelo winning the second fight.
              I understand why some people would wanna see a third fight between them and I would too but it would have been that much sweeter if Triple g had actually fought and beaten Andrade for the WBO belt so that him and Canelo could unify all the belts... Or if Andrade had won then that would of made a Canelo-Andrade fight much more mouth watering,....
              But I don't agree with the fact that Triple g is content fighting C level fighters so as to guarantee him a victory so that it doesn't jeopardize his chances of getting a third Canelo payday... Andrade has a belt so why don't Triple g go for his belt if he's unable to secure a third Canelo fight??
              He bragged about wanting all the belts before but now he switched up and saying belts aren't important...
              Triple g is pathetic!

Comment

I feel the same way. Ggg just isn’t on canelos level. Never has been.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
                  So who do you think won the 2nd Canelo-Triple g fight??
                  Most would agree Triple g won the first but most pro-fighters and unbiased fan's had Canelo winning the 2nd fight.
                  Don't you think triple g should have fought Andrade for the WBO belt and have the winner unify against Canelo??
                  Aren't you tired of Triple g fighting tomato cans while he begs for a third Canelo payday???
                  He took ggg by Easy KO! So you know his p@ssy is sore and well never admit she’s wrong.

Dumb dumb thinks Canelo fans don’t want a 3rd fight BS! Easy $$$ GGG only has that trainer for 1 4 rounder and thinks more speed is the best way to beat Canelo. Dumb plan IMO.

I bet you $500 p@ssy lips cries and uses more excuses after the 3rd fight. Plan either age or GGG didn’t have enough time with GGG

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
                    I feel the same way. Ggg just isn’t on canelos level. Never has been.
                    Anyone with a brain and knows how to score a fight knows Canelo won. Those ******s can’t see with ggg balls hitting their throat. The only reason ggg was even in the fight is because he has a great jab because he did jack sht otherwise. And he even missed with that almost 80% of the time.

Comment

Those dopes don’t count defense. Which is BS because that specially one of the 4 ways to score a fight. GGG missed almost 1200 times against Canelo. And landed like 7 total body punches with almost zero combos....

Comment

Working...
                      X