Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are all AJ haters against the rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
    They're giving their opinion on what they would do as promoters. Some of them are kicking their rivals while they are down as well but that's all part of the game.

The rematch is a coin flip tbh and it depends on whether or not Joshua knows what he did wrong and is capable of correcting it.
    They don’t fu..ck with the guy and I’ve never liked. So why would anyone expect them to say anything positive? It’s just common sense that there will be ulterior motive in whatever opinion they give.

Povetkin has more power, and is more skilled/mobile than Ruiz will ever dream of. He also has a better pedigree both in the amateur and pro rank than Ruiz will ever dream about and sneakily fast. But Josh dealt with him comfortably, apart from the first two rds.

Ruiz is just a lucky boy and he caught Josh on a day he was less than 30% fit. Go watch the fight again, Ruiz was already gassed as well by the 4th rd. he has fast hands but he doesn’t move his feet and he couldn’t even hit a concussed Josh with clean shots, apart the lucky hook that caught him in the temple and exacerbated what he was already dealing with before the fight.

They all don’t want Josh to get those belts back. Josh will beat that fat boy mercilessly in the rematch.
    Last edited by BangEM; 06-14-2019, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
      This sounds a duplicate thread. However, In any case, I am going to totally respond. Boxing would not be the same without AJ. The heavyweight division became exciting and relevant again ever since Anthony Joshua's TKO victory over Wladimir Kilitschko.

My one greatest concern and misgiving about the rematch is that he is being rushed back to soon. The kid's not ready and he has his entire future mapped out ahead of him. He won his first world title in only his sixteenth professional bout.

In addition, one more consecutive defeat to the same opponent would mark the official end of his prime. Another loss to Andy Ruiz would absolutely ruin his career.

He would never be the same fighter again. He would have gone from being a World heavyweight unified champion to a gatekeeper status.

He needs more time to develop, heal, rest, recover psychologically from his TKO loss and correct those mistakes. Moreover, Joshua is both physically and mentally fatigued. He could use an extended break from the sport in order to relax.
      Something happened before that fight that will come out later. So it was a fluke.

Everyone is talking about he needs to go rebuild. Like how is he going to do that and who should he fight? One of the idiots out here who calls himself a coach said he shouldn’t take the rematch and he should go rebuild with Dillian Whyte, loool. Dillian Whyte is a tougher fight than Ruiz. there’s no rebuild there and most of these people don’t know what they’re talking about.

He needs to get those belts back. He’ll beat Ruiz easily in the rematch if he’s fit. He just needs to fight his normal fight and fight behind his jab, without being on the back foot. Then let Ruiz tire out by the 7th rd and punish his face and head.

After beating Ruiz, he’ll start rebuilding from there by taking easy fights and his mandatories until the undisputed bout.
      Last edited by BangEM; 06-14-2019, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
        Wierd thread I haven't seen anyone say they're against the rematch on these forums

Unless you mean people are against it happening in the UK

Here's a few of the threads saying he shouldn't take it. Go in to any thread mentioning the rematch and you'll find posters saying he shouldn't take it. Mostly posters that don't like Joshua.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=818132
        https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...joshua+rematch
        https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...joshua+rematch
        Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 06-14-2019, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
          I think they're being honest, I mean I myself don't think he should fight Ruiz because he can get seriously injured. He took a beating, almost nobody in boxing takes an immediate rematch & is 100%.
          I can get with this. if AJ had a panic attack before he fought Ruiz, imagine coming out next time knowing Ruiz sparked him. knowing if he loses he turned into David price. knowing ruiz can take his best shot but he cant handle ruiz's power or speed. AJ needs some confidence rebuilding before he fights ruiz or he will get seriously hurt

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
            Something happened before that fight that will come out later. So it was a fluke.

Everyone is talking about he needs to go rebuild. Like how is he going to do that and who should he fight? One of the idiots out here who calls himself a coach said he shouldn’t take the rematch and he should go rebuild with Dillian Whyte, loool. Dillian Whyte is a tougher fight than Ruiz. there’s no rebuild there and most of these people don’t know what they’re talking about.

He needs to get those belts back. He’ll beat Ruiz easily in the rematch if he’s fit. He just needs to fight his normal fight and fight behind his jab, without being on the back foot. Then let Ruiz tire out by the 7th rd and punish his face and head.

After beating Ruiz, he’ll start rebuilding from there by taking easy fights and his mandatories until the undisputed bout.
            I don't know if this has been confirmed or not but I am hearing quiet rumblings out of Great Britain that Joshua has indeed fired his head trainer Rob McCracken. I don't know how true that is but it's definitely a rumor. However, if it is true. Then it's a good start in the right direction.

Lennox Lewis said it best when he said "You can't take your third grade teacher with you once you enter into Grad School". You have to learn new techniques, make changes, improvements and adjustments once your professional career has reached a certain level.

It won't be easy for Joshua to get those belts back however. Andy Ruiz, Jr can fight. He has a long amateur pedigree with over 110 fights and is technically, scientifically and fundamentally sound as a boxer.

However, we shall see how Joshua fare in the rematch. I wish him the best. I want him to win in order to get those belts back to fight Deontay Wilder but I just don't think he will.
            Last edited by champion4ever; 06-14-2019, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Ruiz beat a healthy Joshua

Ruiz was better in every aspect that night

Comment

I want the rematch asap but what I don't want is for the fight to go to the UK and see Joshua play defense all night then get a gift decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
                  Ruiz beat a healthy Joshua

Ruiz was better in every aspect that night
                  Ruiz was losing until he caught Joshua in a desperate battle to survive after getting knocked down. Joshua never recovered. That's the way most see it, that's why Joshua is the bookies favourite in a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                    ]I don't know if this has been confirmed or not but I am hearing quiet rumblings out of Great Britain that Joshua has indeed fired his head trainer Rob McCracken. I don't know how true that is but it's definitely a rumor. However, if it is true. Then it's a good start in the right direction.

Lennox Lewis said it best when he said "You can't take your third grade teacher with you once you enter into Grad School". You have to learn new techniques, make changes, improvements and adjustments once your professional career has reached a certain level.

It won't be easy for Joshua to get those belts back however. Andy Ruiz, Jr can fight. He has a long amateur pedigree with over 110 fights and is technically, scientifically and fundamentally sound as a boxer.

However, we shall see how Joshua fare in the rematch. I wish him the best. I want him to win in order to get those belts back to fight Deontay Wilder but I just don't think he will.
                    It’s just a rumour started by a ****ty blog. He’s still with the same coach. If he’s going to change his coach, he’ll do it after the Ruiz rematch.

Ruiz has all those amateur fights yet failed to qualify for the olympics. But Josh beat people with better long amateur records that made it to the olympics.

Ruiz’s stars aligned on that night and less to do with his boxing skills. If you watch that fight again and watch the Josh vs Povetkin fight again, you’ll see that even with some of the flaws Josh has, he’ll beat Ruiz everyday of the week and even on a Sunday. The fight ended in the 3rd rd.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
                      It’s just a rumour started by a ****ty blog. He’s still with the same coach. If he’s going to change his coach, he’ll do it after the Ruiz rematch.

Ruiz has all those amateur fights yet failed to qualify for the olympics. But Josh beat people with better long amateur records that made it to the olympics.

Ruiz’s stars aligned on that night and less to do with his boxing skills. If you watch that fight again and watch the Josh vs Povetkin fight again, you’ll see that even with some of the flaws Josh has, he’ll beat Ruiz everyday of the week and even on a Sunday. The fight ended in the 3rd rd.
                      I hope you right because the Heavyweight division needs Anthony Joshua. He brings both excitement and entertainment back to the division. For your sake, let's just hope that it was just a fluke win on Ruiz' part and he gets his titles back because boxing just won't be the same without him. I know I rib his fanboys a lot from time to time but it is always done in good banter to get a reaction out of them. I like AJ but I like Deontay greater.

Comment

Working...
                      X