Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Boxing's Concussion Questions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While he's built, I think Joshua's upper body is too heavy. He seems to have stamina problems because of the weight. He was fatigued early in the Klitscho fight too. He was able to recover in that bout. He wasn't lucky enough against Ruiz. He has a dilemma because he seems to need the bulk. He may lose power if he sheds some pounds.

Comment

I couldn’t after the first paragraph , then I started speed reading, then I started skim reading , then I scrolled all the way down and realized who ever wrote this is a piece of sshhttt . you need to edit the fk out of this useless story. By the way Andy Ruiz Jr is the man stop with the bullsshhttt excuses already nobody is above an a s s whoppin. Can’t wait for the rematch.

Comment

I hope that we get two more fights from these two

Comment

Joshua has problems with stamina. He needs to be able to mix his styles more. And he recovers really poorly from taking a shot. All have been evident before Ruiz.

He's also got some incredible weapons that have won big fights and belts.

But anyone who has seen him before knows he wasn't behaving normally right up to the bell. Even in the interviews a couple of days before I thought he was behaving strangely.

I tend to put it down to the pressure that built around Wilder, but it could be something else.

If you couldn't see it, then you couldn't have watched much of Joshua.

Not an excuse, as his behaviour is within his control. If he got overawed by the build up then that says something about him.

Comment

Joshua sustained a concussion when he was knocked out just eight days prior to the Ruiz fight but had fully recovered and didn't display any outward symptoms of the brain injury. In addition, he had undergone an MRI exam and passed that one as well.

The problem here is that they didn't follow proper protocol. When a fighter is knockout in sparring or in a bout, in the states; Then there is a mandatory 90 day suspension period. However, it was never reported to NYSAC; Which was why AJ was allowed to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
              How does this affect the heavyweight division??
              Exactly? I can understand the Super flyweights to the Welterweight divisions where you have limits to cut down to a certain weight but not Heavyweights; Where there are no weight limits.

Comment

Working...
              X