No announcement yet.

Ruiz vs Joshua II might be on PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    Hearn only takes care of his own business... he doesn't give a fuck about other kind of things...
    Yep, Hearn doesn’t give a phuck if your network needs his fighters. He would put them up with the network that pays the most. He did that too with showtime and Joshua. That’s why Espinoza was crying about it on tweeter. If he thinks Hearn is someone that he could be paid with “Loyalty” then he must think Hearn is some mug.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Referring to Hearn and making deals for his fighters. Nothing to do with a billion pounds or dollars. Hearn would take his fighters to any network that pays the highest money. He loves money, he isn’t some dumb truck who would stick with DAZN for “Loyalty”
      We'll see; if I was the broadcaster with an out in the deal that I still owe upwards of $800m on, and I wasn't going to get access to the one truly star fighter under that umbrella, I wouldn't extend the deal.

That's just me though.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        I just saw Hearn say that about MSG.

Vegas could work too.

Makes sense really I think to have it in America again.
        Would be the right thing to do, but if I was his manager/promoter I'd try to get as many advantages as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          Would be the right thing to do, but if I was his manager/promoter I'd try to get as many advantages as possible.
          The plan I believe was always to fight in uk end of the year. I understand that (subject to fury/wilder not being available) mandatory against Pulev was the expected fight to happen late year if he had beaten Ruiz, followed by mandatory against either Whyte or Usyk (depending who was called) early next year.

Obviously losing to Ruiz changed that but it wouldn’t surprise me they still want to do at least one fight back in the uk next. Obviously he will want to return to America sooner though to get that W he hasn’t got now.

I know there was talk of him going to Nigeria or China over next couple of years but I’m guessing they will have both been out firmly back in their box for the moment too

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            That’s why Hearn would go with the highest bidder. He isn’t a loyal one, showtime would tell you about that too
            I don’t believe what you say is true. Whyte-Chisora 2, the original fight poster had DAZN as the US Television rights holder. Whyte said in a interview he had to ask Hearn directly, why Hearn wasn’t offering the fight to other US TV Networks to start a bidding process.

Then boom the fight landed on Showtime as they outbid DAZN. Hearn is fully invested in the DAZN business, he has to make sure all his top matchroom fights end up on DAZN.

Comment

The thing is does Joshua even want opposing offers? I feel like the whole reason he got KTFO in NY is cuz he's chasing some multi year sexy DAZN deal like Canelo got.

So idk that I see this going down cuz Matchroom/Joshua don't even want an outside offer.

It wouldn't be a bad move for him to potentially get him more money if he can beat Ruiz doe. And sh^t if Joshua had some US PPV buys on his resume it'd likey just raise his value to DAZN.

Comment

Originally posted by Fanofreason View Post
                Ruiz won the fight. His promotion dictates network and venue now.

Standard in USA rematch contracts.

uhmmmm, no.

Comment

Originally posted by Manlikefemi View Post
                  I don’t believe what you say is true. Whyte-Chisora 2, the original fight poster had DAZN as the US Television rights holder. Whyte said in a interview he had to ask Hearn directly, why Hearn wasn’t offering the fight to other US TV Networks to start a bidding process.

Then boom the fight landed on Showtime as they outbid DAZN. Hearn is fully invested in the DAZN business, he has to make sure all his top matchroom fights end up on DAZN.
                  Wrong, DAZN passed on the fight. Showtime picked it up.. Hearn loves money for himself and his fighters. He isn’t dumb enough to put a fight on DAZN when offers are bigger anywhere else. Only a dumb truck does that.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    You are an idiot.
                    I love that you resort to personal attacks instead of making legitimate statements to corroborate your argument. Walk your dumbass backwards onto incoming traffic and do the world a favor. DAZN #1

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy718 View Post
                      I love that you resort to personal attacks instead of making legitimate statements to corroborate your argument. Walk your dumbass backwards onto incoming traffic and do the world a favor. DAZN #1
                      Nothing you said was true or made any sense. My response was appropriate

Comment

Working...
                      X