Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin - Has the Moment Passed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by icha View Post
    i dont think i understand the bolded... when did canelo went back to 155? canelo never fought above 155 before the chavez fight, and he agreed to a ggg fight before even stepping in the ring vs chavez... you can literally say that canelo agreed to fight ggg at 160 before ever fighting above 155...
    and canelo making his own weight class at 155 to avoid a guy who was screaming he will fight anyone from 154 to 168 lol... you guys acting like canelos career was revolving around ggg and his weight or age lol... canelo went to 160 when he felt he was ready for the division(weight)... and he fought ggg on his first fight at the weight... golovkin being older than canelo was never canelos problem, it was golovkins , he could have dealt with it and fought canelo earlier by going down in weight , but he decided not to move a single pound from 160, he had his reasons and cant really blame him for not doing it(canelo also wasnt willing to budge in weight either), but the option was there...
    imho, at the end ggg decided he had better chances at the full 160 even if a bit older, would he had beaten canelo 2 years earlier at 155-157 ? who knows...
    due to the age difference it would have been really hard to watch these two fight at their very best, some claim the best ggg was 2 years before the first canelo fight and i think the best canelo is the one that fought jacobs, he could even get better on his next fight, so thats 2 or 3 years after the first ggg fight...
    This.

GGG "I will fight anyone on the planet 154-168"

Ward "Hey bro I got you at 168"

GGG "No sorry, 168 was for Chavez Jr only. You must come to 164."

Canelo "Hey Im ready at 155, lets do this."

GGG "No you must come to 160. 154-155 was for little Pacquaio or Mayweather."

Historical FACTS. GGG was a disgrace.

Comment

Working...
    X