Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin - Has the Moment Passed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
    The WBA regular belt doesn't count and Brook is a fcking welterweight

Geale, lemeiux, murray, monroe jr, wade, rubio and ouma, are all B and C+ fighters. They are not great wins, I mean look at the opening betting odds for those fights

Jacobs is his only great win, never been lineal, etc. People need to stop acting like this guy is an ATG.

I agree with your sentiment, but.....

Jacobs was a huge underdog, and was given NO chance to win

NOBODY called Jacobs great before he fought Golovkin, they called him chinny

if Golovkin won that fight, he beat a huge underdog

Canelo is the only top fight that Golovkin accepted

he thought that Canelo was a smaller fighter, and remembered sparring him as a 19yo

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      alvarez went back down to 155 lbs to avoid gennady golovkin. literally made his own weight class. oscar wasn't even trying to make the fight. they waited for golovkin to slow down, which was inevitable. you're willfully ignorant or just dumb if you don't understand what was going on at that time. lou dibella with martinez literally said he didn't want his aging fighter in with a puncher. the guy was the most avoided boxer on the planet for the 3-4 years directly following his migration to HBO and that's just a reality.

like a loss in boxing not taking away a win, dodging another fighter [in this case, andre ward,] doesn't mean you were not avoided yourself.
      i dont think i understand the bolded... when did canelo went back to 155? canelo never fought above 155 before the chavez fight, and he agreed to a ggg fight before even stepping in the ring vs chavez... you can literally say that canelo agreed to fight ggg at 160 before ever fighting above 155...
      and canelo making his own weight class at 155 to avoid a guy who was screaming he will fight anyone from 154 to 168 lol... you guys acting like canelos career was revolving around ggg and his weight or age lol... canelo went to 160 when he felt he was ready for the division(weight)... and he fought ggg on his first fight at the weight... golovkin being older than canelo was never canelos problem, it was golovkins , he could have dealt with it and fought canelo earlier by going down in weight , but he decided not to move a single pound from 160, he had his reasons and cant really blame him for not doing it(canelo also wasnt willing to budge in weight either), but the option was there...
      imho, at the end ggg decided he had better chances at the full 160 even if a bit older, would he had beaten canelo 2 years earlier at 155-157 ? who knows...
      due to the age difference it would have been really hard to watch these two fight at their very best, some claim the best ggg was 2 years before the first canelo fight and i think the best canelo is the one that fought jacobs, he could even get better on his next fight, so thats 2 or 3 years after the first ggg fight...
      Last edited by icha; 06-06-2019, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiowhatta View Post
        Canelo did avoid GGG. Boxing fans have a tendency to ignore context and have short term memories.

GGG made the mistake of putting his career on hold, whilst Canelo and ODLH maintained 'marination', then Canelo tested positive for clenbuterol when he ought to have been chasing down Saunders.

The best thing that could have happened to him has come a little late - The firing of Sanchez. Golovkin fell so badly into the Mexicans games and promise of P4P status instead of securing his originally stated goal - securing all the belts.

My point is Canelo did the Mayweather duck - which is about mind games, winding the clock down, drawing out negotiations, doing everything possible to secure EVERY little detail in your favour - until a crack appears - and Golovkin fell for it.
        “EVERY” little detail you say? Didn’t Alvarez offer 55 and mr 54-68 said no... so canelo went to full 60 right? That’s just one detail that contradicts your “EVERY” little detail claim.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
          To me, GGG is a never was, a media hypejob.
          I agree with you. I only judge ggg from 3 fights. Canelo 2x and Jacobs and he has 0 ko’s and could easily be 0-3

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
            See this is that bullshhh right here...he's a decent fighter yet the p4p best according to people around here had to go life and death with him for 24 rounds to at best eke out a razor-thin win in the second fight (the general consensus has always been Alvarez lost that first fight). So is he good or is Canelo that bad? Make up your minds.
            Canelo outboxed his ass in the first fight and out whipped his ass in the second.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
              The WBA regular belt doesn't count and Brook is a fcking welterweight

Geale, lemeiux, murray, monroe jr, wade, rubio and ouma, are all B and C+ fighters. They are not great wins, I mean look at the opening betting odds for those fights

Jacobs is his only great win, never been lineal, etc. People need to stop acting like this guy is an ATG.
              Most of those are D fighters or less. None of those guys are even close to a B. A solid B would be a guy like Jacobs solid all around but has a suspect chin which puts him at B+. Canelo is an A- / A because of his Stamina. And A+ is for guys like Loma and Crawford who really have no weaknesses...

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
                i dont think i understand the bolded... when did canelo went back to 155? canelo never fought above 155 before the chavez fight, and he agreed to a ggg fight before even stepping in the ring vs chavez... you can literally say that canelo agreed to fight ggg at 160 before ever fighting above 155...
                and canelo making his own weight class at 155 to avoid a guy who was screaming he will fight anyone from 154 to 168 lol... you guys acting like canelos career was revolving around ggg and his weight or age lol... canelo went to 160 when he felt he was ready for the division(weight)... and he fought ggg on his first fight at the weight... golovkin being older than canelo was never canelos problem, it was golovkins , he could have dealt with it and fought canelo earlier by going down in weight , but he decided not to move a single pound from 160, he had his reasons and cant really blame him for not doing it(canelo also wasnt willing to budge in weight either), but the option was there...
                imho, at the end ggg decided he had better chances at the full 160 even if a bit older, would he had beaten canelo 2 years earlier at 155-157 ? who knows...
                due to the age difference it would have been really hard to watch these two fight at their very best, some claim the best ggg was 2 years before the first canelo fight and i think the best canelo is the one that fought jacobs, he could even get better on his next fight, so thats 2 or 3 years after the first ggg fight...
                Yeah I don't get that age sht either??? It's Canelo's fault GGG is 10 years older??? It's Canelo's fault he started pro at Jr. WW??

2005-10-29 : Saul Alvarez 139 lbs beat Abraham Gonzalez 139 lbs by TKO in round 4 of 4

He weighed 154 lbs on a CALIBRATED scale 2 fights before GGG. And he did not look weak or dehydrated.

how many weight classes GGG attempt??? ZERO he sat and squatted there his entire career until now. Canelo needed just one fight with Chavez to see how the extra weight and power felt. Then fought the BOOGEYMAN!!

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                  I agree with your sentiment, but.....

Jacobs was a huge underdog, and was given NO chance to win

NOBODY called Jacobs great before he fought Golovkin, they called him chinny

if Golovkin won that fight, he beat a huge underdog

Canelo is the only top fight that Golovkin accepted

he thought that Canelo was a smaller fighter, and remembered sparring him as a 19yo
                  GGG was a HUGE favorite against Jacobs. -900

$100 won you $11.

Implied odds are 90.01% of winning! They gave Jacobs less than 10% to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
                    Canelo outboxed his ass in the first fight and out whipped his ass in the second.
                    Switched accounts because I blocked your other ones? The only people who say Canelo won the first fight were the same people who were backing Canelo before the fight. Former fighters,the press, the general public all disagree with you. Besides the first three rounds name four outright rounds he won in the second. Like a total of 7 or more rounds you can argue he won that cannot be debated..you can't because hell most people can't..hence razor thin fights. So again, if Golovkin is a bum..or a hypejob then is Canelo really that bad of a fighter?

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                      Switched accounts because I blocked your other ones? The only people who say Canelo won the first fight were the same people who were backing Canelo before the fight. Former fighters,the press, the general public all disagree with you. Besides the first three rounds name four outright rounds he won in the second. Like a total of 7 or more rounds you can argue he won that cannot be debated..you can't because hell most people can't..hence razor thin fights. So again, if Golovkin is a bum..or a hypejob then is Canelo really that bad of a fighter?
                      And why would I care about who you block or not? No wonder you are a triple jab fan lmao... triple jab is 1-1-1 with 0 ko’s... In my opinion he is... 0-3

Comment

Working...
                      X