Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin - Has the Moment Passed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golovkin - Has the Moment Passed?

By Cliff Rold - It was one of the sport's longest running stories. Beginning before he even became a fixture on HBO, the legend of Gennady Golovkin was building. He was the guy Felix Sturm was avoiding until he was the guy Sergio Martinezthen Miguel Cottothen Saul Alvarez was avoiding. Then the avoiding stopped. Like Bernard Hopkins close to a generation before, Gennady Golovki...
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'm not overlooking Rolls but GGG should take this one

Comment

Mexican JMM was a cheat"peeleft:

Comment

Alvarez never avoided lil g. That's a fallacy. If i remember correctly lil g said anyone from 154 to 168 until S.O.G a 168 lbr said me then lil g kept quiet, hell even Lara a 154 lbr said me and lil g kept quiet. Lil g has been the most called out avoided guy ever. He chooses to fight unknowns and no hopers (vanes off a 2yr lay off comes to mind)instead of going for it. Why not fight Andrade and try to claim some of the title? Answer is cause he wants no risk. Alvarez on the other hand has fought high risk fights that he could have and probably should have avoided. The Lara fight comes to mind it was a terrible stylistic match up. I personally had it for canelo but i may be biased, honestly Lara stunk up the joint and it's hard to score rounds for guys trying not to fight. Also he took on mayweather with a weight disadvantage and when still too green. Anyways Lil g is a joke, a decent fighter but still a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          By Cliff Rold - It was one of the sport's longest running stories. Beginning before he even became a fixture on HBO, the legend of Gennady Golovkin was building. He was the guy Felix Sturm was avoiding until he was the guy Sergio Martinezthen Miguel Cottothen Saul Alvarez was avoiding...
          [Click Here To Read More]
          I recall both GGG and Sturm wanting out of Universum at the same time these reporters claim Sturm “ducked” GGG.

Comment

Cmon Cliff. How do you mention a seasoned pro Middleweight and Middleweight Olympian wanting names whom all started below 147lbs to then fight at 160, but not mention other fighters northbound? Why is GGG immune to criticism for never moving up?

Ironically he is fighting at 164 on Saturday. How come no skepticism from Cliff as to why GGG never moved up before if he claimed nobody wanted to fight him at 160?

This is the kind of cowardly and fanboy reporting in the scene that needs to stop. Not a single reporter ever criticized GGG saying 154-168 was easy. I just don’t get it.

Furthermore, Cliff is talking about DAZN. How in the hell does Cliff not even mention Andrade in this article? GGG beating Andrade means Undisputed Unification for GGG vs Alvarez.

Comment

Originally posted by JMO925 View Post
              Alvarez never avoided lil g. That's a fallacy. If i remember correctly lil g said anyone from 154 to 168 until S.O.G a 168 lbr said me then lil g kept quiet, hell even Lara a 154 lbr said me and lil g kept quiet. Lil g has been the most called out avoided guy ever. He chooses to fight unknowns and no hopers (vanes off a 2yr lay off comes to mind)instead of going for it. Why not fight Andrade and try to claim some of the title? Answer is cause he wants no risk. Alvarez on the other hand has fought high risk fights that he could have and probably should have avoided. The Lara fight comes to mind it was a terrible stylistic match up. I personally had it for canelo but i may be biased, honestly Lara stunk up the joint and it's hard to score rounds for guys trying not to fight. Also he took on mayweather with a weight disadvantage and when still too green. Anyways Lil g is a joke, a decent fighter but still a joke.
              A decent fighter but still a joke? Make up your mind, man.

Comment

Canelo did avoid GGG. Boxing fans have a tendency to ignore context and have short term memories.

GGG made the mistake of putting his career on hold, whilst Canelo and ODLH maintained 'marination', then Canelo tested positive for clenbuterol when he ought to have been chasing down Saunders.

The best thing that could have happened to him has come a little late - The firing of Sanchez. Golovkin fell so badly into the Mexicans games and promise of P4P status instead of securing his originally stated goal - securing all the belts.

My point is Canelo did the Mayweather duck - which is about mind games, winding the clock down, drawing out negotiations, doing everything possible to secure EVERY little detail in your favour - until a crack appears - and Golovkin fell for it.

Comment

Has the moment Rolls away
                  Haaaaaaaaaa

Comment

You don't even know that you're making claims that you can't back up with even anecdotal evidence. The reason GGG fought Vanes was because Canelo was suspended.

Derevyanchenko has come out and defended Golovkin.

Golovkin fought and beat former title holders, title holders, the ONLY fighter to get a draw in a den of snakes where one cannot secure a decision against the house fighter.

Geale, Rubio, Murray, Monroe Jr, Lemieux, Wade, Brook, Jacobs all nobodies? when GGG was pummeling all comers, Charlo and Andrade were down at 154.

Amateur Record: 345-5 (might be 8 losses)

Record of 19-1-1 (18 KOs) in world title fights.
                    Record of 5-1-1 (4 KOs) against former, current, and future world champions:
                    Won against Kassim Ouma, Daniel Geale, David Lemieux, Kell Brook, and Daniel Jacobs.
                    Drew against Saul Alvarez.

WBA Super World Middleweight Title (October 2010-present; 19 defences)
                    IBF World Middleweight Title (October 2015-present; 4 defences)
                    WBC World Middleweight Title (May 2016-present; 4 defences)

Has never tasted the canvas. My point is, be reasonable. Don't be one of the half-wits on here who just write whatever they're feeling, have zero humility and are just keyboard tough guys.

The way you express yourself here reveals much about who you are.

Comment

Working...
                    X