Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People act like Wilder won tonight. In fact Wilder lost, about $100M.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This sport has a habit of splitting the belts. It would probably have happened in between an undisputed fight and rematch. Now it will probably happen earlier.

Back to era of being nowhere near a unification. Obviously that affects Joshua and Wilder most. They were the ones with a mega fight on the horizon.

On the plus side, there'll be some fights get made off the back of it. Plenty of fighters will be eyeing off dropped belts. And unifications. Mandatory position will have worth - and there will be some good fighters to beat to get to those spots.

Joshua gets to try to do what every great did. Become a multi-time champion. That used to mean something because every great fighter fought enough decent fighters to get tagged once or twice!

Wilder and Fury still have their 0. Maybe have a Ring belt on the line against each other? Maybe get to have a great trilogy. Probably have further belts in their futures.

And the best won't be decided by holding belts hostage. It will be whoever beats their rivals.

This era, same as the others.

Comment

Ruiz acted like a real champion, took the fight on short notice and was rewarded for it. Ortiz and wilder should take note.

Comment

This thread is an example of AJ fans changing the subject that AJ quit and lost to a bum and making it about Wilder. It doesn't work, I know you're upset and in shock, but it'll be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          Fury is a fuking PED cheat and all his religious talk is hypocrisy as he was out on a bender while his wife was about to give birth, and then went on coke binges after the kid was born. He's a trash human being, which is why I'm no longer a fan of his even though I used to watch all of his fights before anyone in the US was talking about him.

I gave him BIG respect for Fighting Wilder. But, then bailing on the rematch was part of the big scam the 3 top HWs have been pulling. You're blind if you can't see it. The all use each other's names to build hype but would not fight each other. Well, the wall is broken and now there's been a shake up. Thank god.
          Wilder only fought Fury because he thought that he was washed

He then ran from the rematch after discovering that he wasn’t

Fury is a nut and almost certainly a doper but I reckon that they all are so ....

I am not a fan of Fury due to his beliefs but he’s the only one who has put his balls on the line

Comment

OP is 100% correct! Wilder is the one who took the L tonight!!

*checks Boxrec*

Oh, wait...

Comment

Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
              Wilder only fought Fury because he thought that he was washed

He then ran from the rematch after discovering that he wasn’t

Fury is a nut and almost certainly a doper but I reckon that they all are so ....

I am not a fan of Fury due to his beliefs but he’s the only one who has put his balls on the line
              So, it was Wilder who signed with a different promoter and got on a different network when the rematch was being negotiated?
              I don't even like Wilder. I just hate moronic fans who make up bullshyt because they don't really love boxing, they just love worshiping male boxing celebrities. Go back to soccer.

Comment

Eveyrone will forget about this loss after the rematch, and Joshua knocks him out, if he wins. The fight will still have hype if Joshua avenges this loss, and just says it was a fluke loss, and maybe even get another win under his belt.

Manny/Floyd broke every record imaginable, even after Manny's devastating KO loss to Marquez's PED using ass.

Comment

I actually think it's a boost for Wilder. Because now he may be seen as the top fighter in the weight class.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    So, it was Wilder who signed with a different promoter and got on a different network when the rematch was being negotiated?
                    I don't even like Wilder. I just hate moronic fans who make up bullshyt because they don't really love boxing, they just love worshiping male boxing celebrities. Go back to soccer.
                    Just shut up you idiot

I am Australian so don’t give a crap who is champion

Wilder has torn up tens of millions while Fury simply wanted to get paid

It’s not hard to work out what’s happening

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
                      Eveyrone will forget about this loss after the rematch, and Joshua knocks him out, if he wins. The fight will still have hype if Joshua avenges this loss, and just says it was a fluke loss, and maybe even get another win under his belt.

Manny/Floyd broke every record imaginable, even after Manny's devastating KO loss to Marquez's PED using ass.
                      And if Andy comes out of a full training camp and his hand speed still makes Joshua look as slow as Joe Joyce?

Comment

Working...
                      X