Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the hell was wrong with Joshua tonight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
    I think AJ always felt that a defeat could be around the corner, I remember him on Power 105 Breakfast club interview, and he said yeah I'm the champ, but I have to be prepared to lose, because every fighter loses.

I think he accepted this Ruiz loss as inevitable, which to me was the absolutely wrong way to look at it. He could've still won this fight on an uneventful UD, if he knew how to use his Jab and control the ring.

This is even more bizarre because he ate some big shots from both Wladimir, Whyte, and Povetkin and was able not to only recover but be hungry and smart enough to come back.
    That was a good interview and I got mad respect for AJ

Comment

Embarrassment after the 1st KD had him shocked and panicked for the rest of the fight. He was doing a damage control from the start.

Those looong discussions between rounds were bizarre. AJ is becoming a control freak and that is very bad for him.

Comment

His whole demeanor was odd as hell.

Comment

What about the big bodybuilder can’t take a fughin punch
          I do believe he was overwhelmed with this being his big fight in the states and all
          But that suspect chin is the culprit

Comment

Originally posted by WhatDisButtonDo View Post
            Did he really say that? I don't doubt it but can you find a source? that's...wow
            He sure did!

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
              I think AJ always felt that a defeat could be around the corner, I remember him on Power 105 Breakfast club interview, and he said yeah I'm the champ, but I have to be prepared to lose, because every fighter loses.

I think he accepted this Ruiz loss as inevitable after several of the KD's, which to me was the absolutely wrong way to look at it. He could've still won this fight on an uneventful UD, if he knew how to use his Jab and control the ring.

This is even more bizarre because he ate some big shots from both Wladimir, Whyte, and Povetkin and was able not to only recover but be hungry and smart enough to come back.
              Home vs Away fights is the big difference IMO.

Comment

It was always a matter of time before his stiff ass gets KO'ed.

The dude stiff as a board. Doesnt know to to roll with punches. God imagine what a Wilder right would do to him

Comment

Well according to some member (in every sense of the word) on here called Robbie Barrett (I think?), it was a bad stoppage. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by WhatDisButtonDo View Post
                    Did he really say that? I don't doubt it but can you find a source? that's...wow
                    he did say that. he basically was like implying if I lost at least it would have been to Wilder implying that Wilder is beast who KO's people and his real arch nemesis or something like that.

Comment

How about getting beaten up by better boxer?

He was taking too many shots in the temples and above the ears. His balance became bad after the 3rd round knock downs. He mind and body couldn't take anymore punishment after the 3rd and 4th knockdowns.

Comment

Working...
                      X