Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andy Ruiz Drops Anthony Joshua Four Times, Stops Him in Shocker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post
    In no way is this bigger than Tyson - Douglas. People are being prisoners of the moment. Tyson was a machine while Joshua was the champ but I clearly flawed one.
    Joshua has 3-4 belts and was an overwhelming favorite. This is just as big as mike Tyson but even more disappointing because the underdog made the champion quit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
      That fight is not worth much now and the train has left the platform. Wilder was never worth anything as AJ was the man. He had a deal for $100m and the deal would have been signed. Now even if AJ defeats Ruiz the Wilder fight won't be worth $40m. AJ wanted the fight and he would have fought Wilder tonight and made the money. It's Wilder's fault and he knows it that they didn't fight. He must be feeling like a fool and he could actually get knocked out.
      Why do y’all dip$h1t keep repeating same stupid lie? This fight would of still happened if wilder took the dazn deal as his mando was first fight of deal and aj making his USA debut would of still happened.... aj/wilder would of been second fight of dazn deal

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        Anthony Joshua just got wrecked, if we're being generous here, in front of 250k viewers on DAZN in the US and maybe 750k on Sky Box Office at 4am?

Compare, even if with the same result and opponent, if that same fight would've happened after fighting Povetkin on Showtime International in the afternoon (likely day/night) with the US debut of Anthony Joshua coming on PPV with the full rollout.

Imagine the amount of exposure that's already been missed out on by Joshua.

Now imagine the amount of money that Wilder would've missed out on stashing the fight on a service that basically no one is on.
        Lol.

Good business move letting the fight marinate?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brettcappe View Post
          Don't take it personally Noel but this was Frank Bruno 2.0, nothing more, nothing less. The guy is a robot with no chin. Wilder was constantly disrespected by british fans. He was never afraid of this clown and even less so now! I am tired of the Sid knee's and the other brithish jerk off's constantly disrespecting Wilder and his fans. " You don't always get what you want but you do get what you deserve. A.J is a bum!
          I wouldn’t call AJ a bum. But he is overrated. Overrated in the sense that he was given maximum credit for every single win in his resume. Where a guy like Wilder was given minimum credit for every win on his. Same goes for Fury. People wanted so badly for AJ to be this great fighter than he never has been. That they somehow convinced themselves that his win over Wlad was better than Fury’s.

Comment

• Awesome fight, I have to commend Ruiz too, even though he's a fat boy, at least he is not on steroids, he should be getting massive praise for that. I hope he puts a good team behind him and gets into fantastic shape, he can be really good for the sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
              Anthony Joshua just got wrecked, if we're being generous here, in front of 250k viewers on DAZN in the US and maybe 750k on Sky Box Office at 4am?

Compare, even if with the same result and opponent, if that same fight would've happened after fighting Povetkin on Showtime International in the afternoon (likely day/night) with the US debut of Anthony Joshua coming on PPV with the full rollout.

Imagine the amount of exposure that's already been missed out on by Joshua.

Now imagine the amount of money that Wilder would've missed out on stashing the fight on a service that basically no one is on.
              Man we can talk semantics all day - but the fact that each guy could have made $100 million for beating a couple guys like Breazeale and Ruiz - and now that isn't happening is just crazy.

I said Wilder may regret not taking the DAZN deal before but not for this reason - I assumed he may lose in a tough fight and his star would fade some.

But AJ is the A-side in boxing (or was, we will see how his popularity holds up) - so I had no hope on him losing since I assumed he and his team would always take the right fight and get the right results.

Just a crazy night and a lot of money disappearing. Feel worse for Wilder in a way since I don't think he ever really ducked AJ (I do think not taking the DAZN was a bad move but not exactly sure of the specifics - like what happened if one lost, etc).

But yeah honestly glad one of them lost so the marinating sh.it stops. Hate that.

Comment

• Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
                  I wouldn’t call AJ a bum. But he is overrated. Overrated in the sense that he was given maximum credit for every single win in his resume. Where a guy like Wilder was given minimum credit for every win on his. Same goes for Fury. People wanted so badly for AJ to be this great fighter than he never has been. That they somehow convinced themselves that his win over Wlad was better than Fury’s.
                  Frank Bruno 2.0! Nothing more, nothing less! Is that a bum? I say yes!

Comment

• Originally posted by diplo View Post
                    Possibly. According to what heard on 5 Live, there were no excuses about the training camp. He had a bit of a cold and a stye in his eye, but nothing excusable. Like I said somewhere else, perhaps he got concussed early and just didn't recover. Because his behaviour in the ring was just bizarre.
                    New York is mafia city. There are bettin people who stood to make a lot of money from his loss. He was like a 25:1 favourite and if the Mafia does what the Mafia does who knows. It was just very strange.

Comment

• Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
                      Awesome fight, I have to commend Ruiz too, even though he's a fat boy, at least he is not on steroids, he should be getting massive praise for that. I hope he puts a good team behind and gets into fantastic shape, he can be really good for the sport.
                      Good post man - nice positive spin on that for me. I hate when a fighter/athlete can't be bothered to take care of himself and stay in shape.

But in Ruiz's case at least we can be fairly certain he isn't dirty, which is nice in today's sporting era.

Comment

Working...
                      X