Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andy Ruiz Drops Anthony Joshua Four Times, Stops Him in Shocker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
    I’m from TN and we’re on CST. So London was six hours ahead of us and as you said five ahead of NYC. And it was a pretty big difference for me. I just read that AJ trained in MIA. He looked very lethargic even before the fight during the anthems. He looked like he was almost in a trance standing in the corner. I kinda assumed that he was just a little annoyed at three different anthems being played. I know I would be. If he was in MIA a couple weeks, wonder if the heat and humidity affected his ability to train as hard as he’d like. When I was in London, the locals over there told me that if it gets to about 25C over there, it’s like a freaking heatwave. That’s only about 80F. 80 in MIA is almost like a relief. And we just had a major heatwave in the Southeast the last week or two. Here in TN, we were creeping up on triple digit heat indexes everyday for 10+ days straight. So I can only imagine how hot it was in MIA. That could also have been tough on a guy that’s not used to hot weather.
    If I’m not mistaken aj been in USA over a month for last leg of his training camp I know for sure he was here over 3 weeks ago

Comment

• I do feel sorry for Joshua but definitely not for Hearn. The worst thing about it is that even with all the belts and a world champ and Joshua having nothing, Ruiz would probably get a lesser fraction of the pie than Joshua in the rematch.

That would be ironical given Hearn never missed telling us that AJ has 4 belts and Wilder has 1. Why should they be 50-50?

Comment

• Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
        This has to be one of the biggest upsets in boxing history, even SRL was speechless.
        SRL is always speechless. His brain doesn’t work well anymore. Listen to him speak. I honestly think his brain is slow due to all those punches he took. I love RL but his brain isn’t firing anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zelda View Post
          Styles make fights. I do not think Ortiz would get AJ the way Ruiz did. Wilder is quick and his punches have a lot of power. I can see him getting AJ if he lands a punch.

Ruiz was fast paced for Joshua's liking. Wilder also has the speed and athleticism cover the distance and land a big punch at short notice. Fury would simply outclass Joshua, no doubt about it. Ortiz will have a difficult time even if he were younger.
          I’ve said it before on here. We’ve spent a lot of time comparing AJ to Wilder. And Wilder so so technically flawed that it subconsciously had a lot of people under the impression that AJ was this great technician. Yes, he’s technically superior to Wilder. But he’s not exactly difficult to hit. And the notion that he was gonna completely outbox Wilder to the point where Deontay wouldn’t land all night was always ridiculous to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
            The same thing can happen to Wilder in September. That's why I found it funny reading the responses to Wilder-Ortiz II. As if Ortiz wasn't boxing Wilder on even terms in their first fight. As if Ortiz wouldn't have stopped Wilder in the 7th if he had hurt him with a little more time left in the round. We could be talking about Ruiz-Ortiz for the undisputed heavyweight title come September. You never know with heavyweight boxing. All these guys are vulnerable.
            Wow, your tunes sure are sounding different all of a sudden. LOL!

But until Wilder has the 'same thing' (as you say) happen to him, we have to give him props for using his skills to take care of business. Not dream about what coulda been if he didn't.

Comment

• Comment

• I wonder if Parker wants to fight Ruiz now?

I bet there won't be no gift-decisions this time around ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Catrin View Post
                  Mas claro que ni el agua! Theres just something about wanting it more than the other guy that makes any man overcome anything...
                  QUE VIVA MEXICO CABRONES!
                  Catrin it's "fighting" in general from all aspects hermano. Brock lesnar Conor mcgregor now this!!! They were all better bigger, faster athletes and gotten their asses kicked by underestimating the Aztec blood!!! The only fighting style that has our number is the "slick" African American counterpunching style.
                  Last edited by theman775; 06-02-2019, 01:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SchoolTheseCats View Post
                    If I’m not mistaken aj been in USA over a month for last leg of his training camp I know for sure he was here over 3 weeks ago
                    So he definitely got caught in the middle of the heatwave. I’d imagine that made training difficult for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
                      SRL is always speechless. His brain doesn’t work well anymore. Listen to him speak. I honestly think his brain is slow due to all those punches he took. I love RL but his brain isn’t firing anymore.
                      You're right. I love Ray, but his brain has gone a bit mushy. Makes me cringe to hear his analysis. Latin Snake is awful too though. Miss RJJr and even Big George. These days I honestly think Malinaggi and Jessie Vargas are among the best fighter analysts.

Comment

Working...
                      X