No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder killed heavyweight boxing for this year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
    So they don't care about the quality of the fight, just that there is a KO?

How grim.

And yet his numbers are falling, not growing.
    They're casuals bro, that's all they care about

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Stop it kafkod. There is no justifying what Fury did. It was the first domino in the current situation. If he doesn't owe wilder anything than wilder doesn't owe AJ anything so you can stop posting.

You have no issue with blocking a fight unless Haymon does it and that is extremely biased.

Nothing would've been wrong with it. Haymon isn't going to help Hearn sell dazn subscriptions so he isn't going to send his big names to fight on DAZN. What don't you get about that?

Wow how easy do you want fury to have it? He should rematch wilder and the winner fights AJ. Simple. Fury's cowardliness isn't going to be rewarded with an easy road to a title fight.

I agree. the only rematch needed is Wilder/Fury. Wilder/Ortiz and AJ/Whyte are pointless other than to give each an easy payday while stalling the fight we all want.
      Man, your hypocrisy is astonishing!

Fury already fought Wilder on a Haymon card, and he didn't get a fair shake with the judging, which you yourself acknowledged. And somehow, according to your logic, it was necessary for him to go straight back and do it again, in order for us ro get the fight we all want .. which isn't a rematch between Fury and Wilder!

Why does Wilder need to beat Fury before can fight AJ for the undisputed crown?

Why did Fury need to fight Wilder on PBC again, immediately, when his own trainer was saying he needed more rehabilitation time and he can get more money for it on ESPN?

Answers: Because that was what Al Haymon wanted. And what Al Haymon wants is the only thing that matters to you.

Last edited by kafkod; 05-30-2019, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        I will be clear so it's not misunderstood.

Wilder is not scared of AJ

I don't believe he's scared and never believed it. But he's ducking the fight for a reason; and my belief is that it's PBC being sold and because he's too valuable for the network. but then he should come out and be clear about it.

AJ is saying he wants the fight NOW. He's been saying that for a long time, and whether you like it or not that's not what we're getting from Wilder and his camp. He DOES NOT want it now.

That's a duck in my book. For whatever reason, I don't really care.

I don't think it's right to blame Fury at all. He's the lineal champ but no one cares about that let's be honest. It's just a marketing gimmick.

The undisputed fight is what we care about, and it's Wilder's fault that isn't happening.
        AJ vs Wilder, whoever won, would leave us with an undisputed, undefeated world HW champion with a 90%+ KO ratio.

That's exactly what boxing, and particularly US boxing, needs now.

Screw all these unnecessary rematches. Plenty of time for them to happen after the division is unified, and they would be bigger fights if they were for the undisputed crown.
        Last edited by kafkod; 05-30-2019, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          does anyone know the date or venue for wilder-ortz 2? that has to be in the contract! remember!!!
          Oh yes, the date and venue will have to be in the contracts, or they couldn't have been signed and the fight couldn't have been announced, everybody knows that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone WBCfan View Post
            This cowardly American doesn't care about legacy, the fans, his people.

He literally just straight up said "no" to any tests this year.

Nobody, I mean nobody wants him to fight an even older Ortis again, but that's what he does. Get that cheap labour in.

Will showtime do a panel of legends on who turns down 100m?

This guy Wilder is TRASH
            - -How Deyonce get to fight in man division?

The first grrl in mens boxing?

Comment

Originally posted by pretty ste View Post
              Nah bruh you just a bonafide hater that dont know nothing about boxing but to call him a coward when you dont box is blasphemy
              Wilder is a hater too, he hates knowing that he’ll get KO’d by his daddy, AJ. Will this duck ever stop quacking?

Comment

Lol Hearn isn't calling shots and his disciples are upset. AJ and Hearn played their hand wrong and are now in the chase position.

Comment

Originally posted by thabanga510 View Post
                  Lol Hearn isn't calling shots and his disciples are upset. AJ and Hearn played their hand wrong and are now in the chase position.
                  Real fighters do the chasing. Cowards are the ones running.

I can see you're a runner too because AJ and Hearn will always be in the driving seat. Without them, Showtime don't even pay Wilder any more than they did when he was fighting Ortiz. It's AJ's presence in the division that has changed that bums life. Wilder is just a delusional joke who can't do it off his own back because he's a nobody. Always will be.

Comment

Omg yall say this same bs everyday...

Comment

Working...
                    X