No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder killed heavyweight boxing for this year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    I had him winning but he He didn't deserve a win. We can agree the scorecard that had wilder way ahead was atrocious and wrong. The other card Fury was up 2 points going into the 12th. If he doesn't get careless and get knocked down, he wins by a point. Be man enough to admit that.

Besides, you have no evidence Fury went to Arum because of the draw. He had already stared negotiating the rematch so if the draw was the issue he wouldn't have even started negotiations.

Arum told him he could make huge money for easy fights so he signed with TR. Stop justifying it when Brits avoid Wilder .

Fury looked great against Wilder . He was killing wilder yet wilder kept fighting until the end, got the KD and then tried to negotiate the rematch. He isn't scared of Fury in any way.

Fury killed hwt boxing by running away from wilder knowing the winner would get an AJ fight. If Fury wins he will fight some other bum because that is what Arum does-blocks fights and gives his guys easy fights in the meantime. No wilder, no AJ, No ortiz , no whyte.
    Fury looked like a shadow of himself against Wilder. The only reason you can say he looked "great" is that Wilder was so predictable, Fury could read him like a book. Even before he got the offer from Arum, Fury's trainer was advising him not to accept an immediate rematch, because he wasn't yet back to his best, and saying so publicly to the media.

Screw Wilder, Fury doesn't owe him anything, and Wilder didn't need to beat him to get an AJ fight. AJ is "begging" to fight the Can Crusher, haven't you heard?

What's killing HW boxing right now is the shameless blocking/ducking from PBC/Showtime.

What would have been wrong with AJ vs Ortiz, with the winner fighting Wilder for the undisputed crown, and the winner of that one fighting a 100% fit Fury for all 4 belts plus the "coveted lineal heavyweight title" we were hearing so much about in the build up to Fury/Wilder?

Why do we need any pointless rematches at this stage, with so many unanswered questions and an ideal scenario like that going begging?

Comment

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
      LOL You literally have the same three or four posters making the same threads almost every day about Wilder and the same few posters replying in it saying the same things over and over again and arguing with anyone who dares to disagree with them. Wilder has become the most talked about boxer on nsb by far. Good job!
      they are losing it bro, its too much

Comment

I had Fury winning as well but the fact is his carelessness in the 12th is why he got the draw. You guys should be able to admit it.

Where did I blame Fury for that? Fury clearly killed HWT boxing this year because the Wilder/Fury rematch was eagerly anticipated by all of us and he walked away from it in the middle of negotiations.

As for Wilder, how many more times must I post this-Haymon isn't letting him fight on DAZN because he isn't going to help Hearn sell dazn subscriptions. How does that equate to blaming Fury?

AJ isn't signed to DAZN and DAZN hasn't shown they can handle the traffic of a major fight. Make the fight next and have it on PPV.

The question is who killed HWT boxing this year and it is no doubt Fury. He is the lineal champ but positioned himself to fight none of the top 5 hwt's by signing exclusively to Arum and ESPN.

There is no way you can say otherwise.
        Fury won, we don't really need to discuss much else imo. He won fair and square in a fight he COULD HAVE lost by KO in the last round, but didn't. That 10-8 round doesn't change the fight.

Because you say Fury killed the heavyweight division this year. What? How? He announced a deal in February, how does that kill the division for an entire year? I simply don't get it.

As soon as that deal was announced, Wilder should have said "cool, then i'll fight AJ". Instead he just comes up with endless excuses. Him and his management team.

The thing about DAZN is an excuse imo. Do you honestly think that either fighter care about the so-called traffic problems? Do you honestly in your heart believe that's even an issue? Because I haven't even heard them speak about it, it's only fans who mention it.

Well, Finkel just said last week that the fight could happen on DAZN. So I don't believe your argument.

The truth of the matter is that neither Finkel or Haymon care about Showtime, and they definitely do not care about whether DAZN benefits or whether they can handle major traffic. That's all a bit of nonsense / excuses.

The truth of the matter is that Haymon is selling PBC and Wilder is important to their value and therefore they are ducking the Joshua fight until that is done.

I mean, Wilder just announced an Ortiz rematch that literally no one is asking for. And people are still thinking Joshua is avoiding this fight.

It's clear that it's only Wilder and his team who are blocking the fight from happening.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          Fury won, we don't really need to discuss much else imo. He won fair and square in a fight he COULD HAVE lost by KO in the last round, but didn't. That 10-8 round doesn't change the fight.

Because you say Fury killed the heavyweight division this year. What? How? He announced a deal in February, how does that kill the division for an entire year? I simply don't get it.

As soon as that deal was announced, Wilder should have said "cool, then i'll fight AJ". Instead he just comes up with endless excuses. Him and his management team.

The thing about DAZN is an excuse imo. Do you honestly think that either fighter care about the so-called traffic problems? Do you honestly in your heart believe that's even an issue? Because I haven't even heard them speak about it, it's only fans who mention it.

Well, Finkel just said last week that the fight could happen on DAZN. So I don't believe your argument.

The truth of the matter is that neither Finkel or Haymon care about Showtime, and they definitely do not care about whether DAZN benefits or whether they can handle major traffic. That's all a bit of nonsense / excuses.

The truth of the matter is that Haymon is selling PBC and Wilder is important to their value and therefore they are ducking the Joshua fight until that is done.

I mean, Wilder just announced an Ortiz rematch that literally no one is asking for. And people are still thinking Joshua is avoiding this fight.

It's clear that it's only Wilder and his team who are blocking the fight from happening.
          I explained how it killed the division. It took the lineal champ out of any potential fights with the any of the top 4 hwt’s. Wilder/aj fighting or not fighting doesn’t save the division from that cowardly move. Fury doing that cheated fans out of a fight they wanted to see.

I didn’t claim they said it was an issue. I was just giving my opinion. As for subscriptions sold, I think it’s clear wilder on Dazn helps Dazn and that is not something Haymon wants to do. If you think it’s because he is selling pbc, ok that is plausible as well. Either way it’s business related why wilder isn’t fighting aj next, no wilder being afraid.

Aj did initially avoid the fight as had been discussed a lot. Haymon is now blocking it no question. As for who ruined hwt boxing this year, it’s clearly on fury who ran away from the fight we all wanted to see. The winner would then fight aj.

Wilder/fury 2 this year would’ve been the best fight without aj. I agree with Ortiz rematch is not needed or necessary. Make sure you say same when the proposed aj/whyte needless rematch is made.
          Last edited by The Big Dunn; 05-29-2019, 10:25 AM.

Comment

I explained how it killed the division. It took the lineal champ out of any potential fights with the any of the top 4 hwt’s. Wilder/aj fighting or not fighting doesn’t save the division from that cowardly move. Fury doing that cheated fans out of a fight they wanted to see.

I didn’t claim they said it was an issue. I was just giving my opinion. As for subscriptions sold, I think it’s clear wilder on Dazn helps Dazn and that is not something Haymon wants to do. If you think it’s because he is selling pbc, ok that is plausible as well. Either way it’s business related why wilder isn’t fighting aj next, no wilder being afraid.

Aj did initially avoid the fight as had been discussed a lot. Haymon is now blocking it no question. As for who ruined hwt boxing this year, it’s clearly on fury who ran away from the fight we all wanted to see. The winner would then fight aj.

Wilder/fury 2 this year would’ve been the best fight without aj. I agree with Ortiz rematch is not needed or necessary. Make sure you say same when the proposed aj/whyte needless rematch is made.
            I will be clear so it's not misunderstood.

Wilder is not scared of AJ

I don't believe he's scared and never believed it. But he's ducking the fight for a reason; and my belief is that it's PBC being sold and because he's too valuable for the network. but then he should come out and be clear about it.

AJ is saying he wants the fight NOW. He's been saying that for a long time, and whether you like it or not that's not what we're getting from Wilder and his camp. He DOES NOT want it now.

That's a duck in my book. For whatever reason, I don't really care.

I don't think it's right to blame Fury at all. He's the lineal champ but no one cares about that let's be honest. It's just a marketing gimmick.

The undisputed fight is what we care about, and it's Wilder's fault that isn't happening.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              Fury looked like a shadow of himself against Wilder. The only reason you can say he looked "great" is that Wilder was so predictable, Fury could read him like a book. Even before he got the offer from Arum, Fury's trainer was advising him not to accept an immediate rematch, because he wasn't yet back to his best, and saying so publicly to the media.

Screw Wilder, Fury doesn't owe him anything, and Wilder didn't need to beat him to get an AJ fight. AJ is "begging" to fight the Can Crusher, haven't you heard?

What's killing HW boxing right now is the shameless blocking/ducking from PBC/Showtime.

What would have been wrong with AJ vs Ortiz, with the winner fighting Wilder for the undisputed crown, and the winner of that one fighting a 100% fit Fury for all 4 belts plus the "coveted lineal heavyweight title" we were hearing so much about in the build up to Fury/Wilder?

Why do we need any pointless rematches at this stage, with so many unanswered questions and an ideal scenario like that going begging?
              Stop it kafkod. There is no justifying what Fury did. It was the first domino in the current situation. If he doesn't owe wilder anything than wilder doesn't owe AJ anything so you can stop posting.

You have no issue with blocking a fight unless Haymon does it and that is extremely biased.

Nothing would've been wrong with it. Haymon isn't going to help Hearn sell dazn subscriptions so he isn't going to send his big names to fight on DAZN. What don't you get about that?

Wow how easy do you want fury to have it? He should rematch wilder and the winner fights AJ. Simple. Fury's cowardliness isn't going to be rewarded with an easy road to a title fight.

I agree. the only rematch needed is Wilder/Fury. Wilder/Ortiz and AJ/Whyte are pointless other than to give each an easy payday while stalling the fight we all want.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                I will be clear so it's not misunderstood.

Wilder is not scared of AJ

I don't believe he's scared and never believed it. But he's ducking the fight for a reason; and my belief is that it's PBC being sold and because he's too valuable for the network. but then he should come out and be clear about it.

AJ is saying he wants the fight NOW. He's been saying that for a long time, and whether you like it or not that's not what we're getting from Wilder and his camp. He DOES NOT want it now.

That's a duck in my book. For whatever reason, I don't really care.

I don't think it's right to blame Fury at all. He's the lineal champ but no one cares about that let's be honest. It's just a marketing gimmick.

The undisputed fight is what we care about, and it's Wilder's fault that isn't happening.
                Wilder isn't ducking AJ, he isn't fighting him because Haymon isn't allowing him to. I think it's because he doesn't want to help Hearn sell subscriptions and you because PBC is about to be sold. Both IMO are plausible and possible.

Why does Haymon have to "be clear about it" when Hearn repeatedly lied about wanting the AJ/Wilder fight next when his plan all along was AJ/Povetkin to launch dazn.

AJ says he wants it now because he knows that isn't going to happen based on what Wilder has said. When there was a real chance the fight could be next, he wasn't talking like this. so yeah he is winning the PR war right now.

The real issue is Hearn being both promoter and DAZN investor. The $100 mil offer was about getting more dazn subs, not giving fans the fight. He could've made the fight already, but put dazn ahead of fans wishes. Now I and others are just supposed to forget about that? Sorry, can't do that.

Yeah Haymon is blocking it now but I don't remember you guys getting mad at Hearn when he blocked it and you all have given Fury a pass for his cowardly move. If you were ok waiting a few months ago when Hearn was up to his BS, why aren't you now when it's Haymon doing his BS?

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
                  It's a shame those casuals won't as far as actually watch his fights so that all this added interest will be represented by TV viewings or ticket sales.
                  I've known those who are watching his fights or ask me when he is fighting so they can tune in because they want to see how bad he'll KO someone. Not everyone has Showtime though and would actually just pay for a PPV because they feel a KO is worth it

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                    I've known those who are watching his fights or ask me when he is fighting so they can tune in because they want to see how bad he'll KO someone. Not everyone has Showtime though and would actually just pay for a PPV because they feel a KO is worth it
                    Yeah but they dont though do they. They go and watch it for free the next morning on Youtube. Certainly judging from the numbers of his recent fights. They are going down. But hes big on Youtube the next day. I didnt make this up by the way this is factual.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
                      Yeah but they dont though do they. They go and watch it for free the next morning on Youtube. Certainly judging from the numbers of his recent fights. They are going down. But hes big on Youtube the next day. I didnt make this up by the way this is factual.
                      That's cool, just telling you my experience with Wilder's popularity. I even tell people he sucks and has little to no skill but they just say they like seeing him stretch people out and that it's entertaining.

Comment

Working...
                      X