No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn/PBC and American Boxing needs the White Fanbase to come back

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
    Wilder can't sell shiyte even in the state. Some people here are trying to paint it like, well its fair, hez popular here, he had over 10mil views on YouTube and stuffs like. We know all that but still he couldn't break into the ppv event until AJ/fury came into the picture.

There was a reason he hasn't been on ppv ever after over 40 fights.
    Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    If a fighter is popular his fans will already be tuned in before he even enters the ring, enjoying the build up and waiting for his fight to start. People who tune in after a fight has already begun tend to be channel surfers, rather than fans who specifically want to watch it.

Edit: If Wilder/Breazeale was competing with some major basketball game, I guess some of the late tune ins could have been actual Wilder fans trying to catch both events.
    Canelo doesn't seem interested in appealing to anybody but Mexicans and Mexican Americans. He's been earning most of his money in the US for years now, but hasn't made the effort to learn even a few words of English.
    Basketball has got to be popular with mainstream white America too, or the star players wouldn't be making the kind of money they do.
    LOL!! White people do watch but 48% of fans are African American. Asians and Latinos are big fans of the NBA too. The Warriors, Lakers and Rockets have big Asian and Latino fanbases. I would say 55% or more of the NBA fanbase is non white. That number is growing as the population changes.

Yes American whites go to games but a lot of those tickets are corporate bought. Luxury suites account for a lot of revenue too and thats 95% corporate.

Black and Asian fan account for most of the passionate fans. Latino fans are more casual. On a global scare most of the growth the economy will come from Africa and Asias. Hence, NBA Africa and all the China trips by NBA players.

With white birth rates going down why would you invest in them long term?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Gans Louis View Post
      LOL!! White people do watch but 48% of fans are African American. Asians and Latinos are big fans of the NBA too. The Warriors, Lakers and Rockets have big Asian and Latino fanbases. I would say 55% or more of the NBA fanbase is non white. That number is growing as the population changes.

Yes American whites go to games but a lot of those tickets are corporate bought. Luxury suites account for a lot of revenue too and thats 95% corporate.

Black and Asian fan account for most of the passionate fans. Latino fans are more casual. On a global scare most of the growth the economy will come from Africa and Asias. Hence, NBA Africa and all the China trips by NBA players.

With white birth rates going down why would you invest in them long term?
      Because they live longer. (If you want to play silly games with statistics)

Comment

There is no racial segregation at all in the UK. We have lots of recent immigrants nowadays who have not had time to fully integrate with the mainstream culture, and a lot more ******s who tend to stick together because of religious, cultural, and language barriers, but that's not the same as segregation.

Brits who are born and raised in the UK do not separate themselves from each other because of their racial heritage, which is why we never have US style race riots or racial unrest over here. We sometimes have violent protests by young black residents of poor urban areas who say they are being unfairly targeted by the police, but whenever that happens you can guarantee that the white youths who live in those same areas will come out and join in the protest, because they view themselves as being part of the same community as their black neighbours.
        EDL/Britian first/BNP they are known pro white political parties. Brexit happened because of immigration. Most immigrants are people of colour ?

UK is known to have pay people of colour less for the same job than a white person. White household wealth is much more than average person of colour.Their is racial segregation...

White flight exists in the UK too. When people of colour move in, whites move out. ******s are a easily scapegoat/distraction but race relations is not looking good in the UK too.

The UK media is very different from US. US Media can be more straightforward when it comes to racial issues and will cover it a lot. UK media are too scared to try and talk or give it coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
          Fully agree. Olympic style wrestling is huge with the white kids in HS. I think the transition from Wrestling to MMA isnt too drastic, therefore I fully believe it is a beneficial factor for mma.
          LOL!! Olympic Wrestling is huge. LOL!! Then why do most of the kids need to be taught the ground game when they get into MMA?

Brock Lesnar DOMINATED before he got sick because of his wrestling background. If what you said was true then we would see MMA dominated by Olympic medalist.

WWE has a bigger impact than Olympic

Comment

Most white fans have gone to MMA. Judging is better. More action, Refs dont stop the fights over BS. JUST BLEED LOL

Comment

HBO Tried this and now they're completely out of Boxing so it is Not that Simple and I think fans may find that insulting to think that it is that simple to make a sport popular by grabbing a guy of a Specific Race and making him a STAR and that will fix everything...NO!

Being consistently ENTERTAINING is what bring the fans and keep the fans. Also where did the Charisma and the Personality go in the sport of boxing, most of the Top P4P Fighters are just serious and all business with ZERO Personality to grab the attention of the Casual Sports Fan like McGregor does

Most of these Boxers are So DRY and BORING! In America PERSONALITY Sales more than Anything, you gotta have Charisma and that is why McGregor is as big as he is win over lose. PERSONALITY!

Tyson Fury, Keith Thurman it is a select few guys who does have the personality and "Gift Of Gab" but it is not many in boxing currently. Wilder is getting better at it, sorry but I think the "Catch A Body In The Ring Talk" while it is going too far, it no question grabs the attention of the Casual Viewer. It worked for Mike Tyson!

Last edited by sicko; 05-27-2019, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Because they live longer. (If you want to play silly games with statistics)
                ???? Sorry I can be a bit a of nerd when it comes to to things like this. So you are telling me that sports that people 65+ year old whites patronize are where I should invest in?? Does that mean we need more wheelchairs at ballparks??? Depends dispensers in the bathrooms???

How is that working out for MLB and all the empty stadiums I see all the time? I love baseball with a passion but the game is dying because white fans are stuck in the past. MLB was the top dog domestically but seems to do better abroad then home shen it comes to playing the game.

White position players are non existent. Mike Trout might as well be in witness protection. Hockey isnt growing either.

I do know as a business person that families spend more at games then single old men. The birthrate plays a part in that.

Jose from East LA is gonna spend his whole check selling oranges on the side of the freeway taking his whole family and buying lil' Hector a Dodgers hat that hes always wanted.

65 y/o Doug from Orange county aint even got grandkids because his daughter is a lesbian and he cant take his dog to the game.

You see what the Warriors are doing promoting Asian fans. Why? Because they actual have families and not pets.

Not trying to be an ass but Im all about the numbers when it comes to this. If white people have a baby boom then we can change the approach.

But Planned Parenthood isnt closing any locations soon so I guess I better buy stock in them if possible.

Comment

You don't need a white fighter to capture the white fanbase. Morrison was never as popular as Foreman, Tyson, Holyfield, Bowe, or Lewis.

I got a theory that white Americans don't really like seeing white guys fight. They only jump on the white American guy bandwagon after he beats a good Mexican or black fighter. White fighters don't seem to resonate with white Americans

Comment

sicko's post was spot on. I made my post before I read his and we basically said the same thing.

Originally posted by man down View Post
                    Most white fans have gone to MMA. Judging is better. More action, Refs dont stop the fights over BS. JUST BLEED LOL
                    They've gone over because there are more white athletes at the top. Nothing more, nothing less. Boxing doesn't need the white fan base at all. HBO tried to do it with Eastern Europeans and it's one of the many reasons they went out of business. PBC/Haymon/ etc grabbed a great deal of the Hispanic/Latino/Black talent, and HBO had some but not really much. That's why you really started seeing them push the EE fighters after the split to showtime.
                    Last edited by WhatDisButtonDo; 05-27-2019, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Gans Louis View Post
                      LOL!! Olympic Wrestling is huge. LOL!! Then why do most of the kids need to be taught the ground game when they get into MMA?

Brock Lesnar DOMINATED before he got sick because of his wrestling background. If what you said was true then we would see MMA dominated by Olympic medalist.

WWE has a bigger impact than Olympic
                      Not a hig MMA fan but ground game would need to be taught because it incorporates much more than just wrestling, I suppose. You have different aspects to it, from ground and pound to chokehold and armband/legbar maneuvers. A few things broader than that is taught in Olympic style wrestling.

Wrestling in HS is dominated by white kids. Perhaps they lose interest later on in life, or are forced to choose a career that actually pays off... but that is an observation from my behalf.

Comment

Working...
                      X