No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn/PBC and American Boxing needs the White Fanbase to come back

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    Just a thought .. I know that wrestling is a popular sport for American high school kids and collage students to compete in. Is wrestling a predominantly white sport in the US? If so, that could explain why many young white Americans gravitate more to MMA than boxing.
    Fully agree. Olympic style wrestling is huge with the white kids in HS. I think the transition from Wrestling to MMA isnt too drastic, therefore I fully believe it is a beneficial factor for mma.

Comment

Originally posted by Nehnenqui View Post
      Uh, I think it has to do with the country he is from. Mexico.

White Americans hate Mexicans.

If Canelo happened to be from any other country he’d be an even bigger star.
      Canelo doesn't seem interested in appealing to anybody but Mexicans and Mexican Americans. He's been earning most of his money in the US for years now, but hasn't made the effort to learn even a few words of English.

Comment

Please tell me what Arena Fury is selling out in America??

If Wilder were to die/retire tomorrow Hwy Boxing would go turn to ***** quickly.
        It would be a 5-10 year period before you could build another fighter to his stature.

AJ is the perfect corporate counter for the fans who want to see the "loud mouthed" black guy take a fall. Its one of the main reason white people like to see Broner fight.now.

No disrespect to Broner but he is clearly a playing a bad character for a check by taking fights he's overmatched in and acting like a fool prior to the fight.

As fans we are lucky he is willing to fight Fury and later AJ. Fighting Fury proves he will fight the top of the division. And even if you think Fury won the fight there is no doubt who ran from the fight after being unconscious for 3 seconds.

Fury is right to recover and not fight Wilder. He needs to be south of 250lbs and even quicker to fight Wilder again. Faster on offense and defense. He's going to have to catch DW by surprise to hurt him. He is needs to be quicker and stronger in order to do so.

Be careful what you wish for as a fan. Im just happy Fury and Wilder made the real attempt to bring the division back. And as much of a prick AJ is, Im glad he's in the mix too. I hope we get some special fights so WE ALL can win.

Thats what this !hit is all about. Great fights and the fans response. Its really great to see the passion amongst fans on this site. This is one of the purist forms of competition and we should all be thankful to the men willing to put their lives on the line to keep the legacy of Hwy boxing going.

Please fellas. We can $h!t on each other all we like but lets show proper respect to the guys stepping up to the challenge of restoring the glory to the greatest individual accomplishment in sports, the heavyweight title.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          Canelo doesn't seem interested in appealing to anybody but Mexicans and Mexican Americans. He's been earning most of his money in the US for years now, but hasn't made the effort to learn even a few words of English.
          He knows English, he just doesn't seem comfortable speaking it. Plus, his target demographic understands what needs to be understood from him. He doesn't have the charm nor personality that would steal over the hearts of the general American public like say a Pacquiao did either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
            Fully agree. Olympic style wrestling is huge with the white kids in HS. I think the transition from Wrestling to MMA isnt too drastic, therefore I fully believe it is a beneficial factor for mma.
            Ok, thanks for the feedback on that!

Comment

You must not be from America. Have you ever seen a Lakers or Heat game when they are good?

American's love sports but we are very self centered and would be late for our own deaths if we thought we had something better to do. LOL!!

Maybe DW's last fight will make people respond differently but the only person who has been 1 round dont be late worthy has been Tyson.

I watched the undercard unlike most people. Most people were watching the NBA. The NBA is African Americans favorite sport and Micheal Jordan was a Demi God before the crying Jordan meme.

If Steph Curry, Kevin Durant, and James Harden are playing basketball on TV you could rob most black MFers house and they would barely notice.

Black men turn down SEX for the NBA and NFL. Plenty girlfriends/wives have been tossed to the side when the game is on.

Dont know about were you are from but the term "football widow" is real and the same can be said about blacks and the NBA playoffs.

Comment

He knows English, he just doesn't seem comfortable speaking it. Plus, his target demographic understands what needs to be understood from him. He doesn't have the charm nor personality that would steal over the hearts of the general American public like say a Pacquiao did either way.
                Yes, he does come across as a pretty bland and uninteresting character, when he isn't fighting. Maybe that's why, despite him fighting 4 Brits, he's never been particuarly popular in the UK, in contrast to Floyd, Manny, and more recently, GGG and Usyk, who all have plenty of fans over here.

Canelo isn't actually unpopular or disliked in the UK. But when he isn't fighting a Brit or GGG, fans here tend to just forget about him.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Gans Louis View Post
                  You must not be from America. Have you ever seen a Lakers or Heat game when they are good?

American's love sports but we are very self centered and would be late for our own deaths if we thought we had something better to do. LOL!!

Maybe DW's last fight will make people respond differently but the only person who has been 1 round dont be late worthy has been Tyson.

I watched the undercard unlike most people. Most people were watching the NBA. The NBA is African Americans favorite sport and Micheal Jordan was a Demi God before the crying Jordan meme.

If Steph Curry, Kevin Durant, and James Harden are playing basketball on TV you could rob most black MFers house and they would barely notice.

Black men turn down SEX for the NBA and NFL. Plenty girlfriends/wives have been tossed to the side when the game is on.

Dont know about were you are from but the term "football widow" is real and the same can be said about blacks and the NBA playoffs.
                  Basketball has got to be popular with mainstream white America too, or the star players wouldn't be making the kind of money they do.

Comment

I would disagree. Olympic wrestling isn't popular at all.

Which is a shame because it's a great sport.

Comment

Maybe at one point it would disgust me too... but I would be hypocritical if I felt the same way now.

Truth be told I'm quite certain a black fan would support a black fighter over a latino or white one as well. In fact I'm sure African Americans supported Dogboe and embraced him over a Mexican American in Magdaleno when they fought. Why? Why would they support a foreigner over their own countryman??? Right... we both know the answer. The sooner we understand things and see them for what they are, the sooner we could learn how to properly fix the situation.

That scenario goes every which way.

True. Thing is I'm sure white Americans will put up some resistance here shortly. Honestly, no country and its dominant demographic would just sit back and take such a drastic change too calmly.
                      White Americans won’t do nothing. US is a liberal country. Ironically all the rich whites who control the biggest and most important institutions realise USA needs immigration.

Even Trump has said immigration is needed. You can’t just close the border. Whites will most likely end up being a rich, powerful minority like in South Africa.

Poor whites will end up dying/not reproducing but the rich ones will continue to dominate with ease.

You shouldn’t scapegoat non-whites. It’s not their fault white women don’t like making babies with white men

Comment

Working...
                      X