No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn/PBC and American Boxing needs the White Fanbase to come back

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Biolink View Post
    You need not only good American white boxers, but champs for that to happen. Maybe that explains why Caleb Plant's ratings were so high for his fight with Jose Uzi on a random Sunday.
    Also because there was **** all on tv that Sunday. Wasn’t it the week before the Pro Bowl or something like that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
      Alright, how about Guillermo Rigondeaux over Ramos and Marroquin?

I agree. America should but it wont any time soon. It is something far too embedded in our DNA. We cheer and embrace those whom look like us most. It gives us pride and joy to see someone who resembles us become successful. I guess it gives us hope...

It really is a deep subject that is far too often overlooked or silenced because of the risk it brings. However, those are the topics that need most attention.
      Cubans are different. The Cuban fighters really embrace being American. Look at Lara!

Comment

• Originally posted by man down View Post
        There's way more UFC fights than boxing fights on TV.
        That might be relevant in fairness.

Big fights in boxing are where the judges go wrong.
        And yea I would agree there is more sketchiness at the top of boxing than at the top of the UFC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Gans Louis View Post
          A lot of people think that kid is juicing too. I think he's going to run NCAA track.

He will be tested and if his times get worse or he is busted then he will pay the price.

The problem is that there are more kids who could to what he does but dont try.

Ive played sports with plenty white kids who could play but didnt pursue it to their most potential.

I never said they cant compete I said they dont try hard like Euro athletes who arent scared to compete with people of color. Look at football/soccer, plenty if great white teams and players there. Messi is a worldwide star because he earned it by competing with the best.

I dont follow Euro sports but I cant imagine a black/yellow/brown player saying Messi is overated.

If American whites want to get better they need for their kids to play with competitive kids of color from an early age. But most white people racist or not dont choose to do it.

They wait until they are 13/14 and most motor skills have been taught and throw them to the wolves.

The last great American basketball player was Larry Bird who grew up playing pick up bball with black kids EVERY DAY growing up in Indiana.

Its to bad the American whites have chosen to segregate themselves when it comes to sports. Its some really good players who will never reach their full potential.

Look at Eminem. Do you really think he's would be a great rapper if he grew up in Idaho and not on the border of Detroit. Dude really grew up poor and had a real story to tell. Do you think he raps like that if he grew up rich??

Environment, attitude and competition are everything in sports. If American white people step that up then there would be more white stars in sports.

But you cant get there thru E-Sports and watching p@rn.
          good post and you are right . lack of participation is the problem. if that kid white lightning is juiced should ask for his money back. he looks like he came out of a gulag

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

The sad reality is that there are many white Americans who would rather cheer for a white foreigner than for a brown or black American.

Which disgusts me.

But maybe if they see one of their own doing well they can be coaxed back into watching boxing.

White people from USA supports white fighters like Lomachenko or GGG (yeah, i know he has oriental blood).

White fans from USA never supports mexicans or blacks champions

Comment

Working...
            X