Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Ortiz will get more than $5 mil in the Deontay rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by genrick View Post
    That's why I'm asking.

The Wilder/Ortiz 1 purses info are all over the internets.

They withheld the Breazeale/Wilder purses.
    People have to wonder why.
    I have no idea either. That's why I'm asking too. If nobody knows, then nobody knows. I enjoyed Wilder vs. Breazeale and I'm really looking forward to Joshua vs. Ruiz. Hopefully the winners fight. If they don't, there's nothing I can do about it. Complaining won't change anything.

Comment

Ortiz will make around a mil for fighting Wilder again and then make $7 mil for fighting Joshua. If he beats wilder, he’ll get close to 50-50 for a third wilder fight and then make $7 mil for fighting Joshua... or he’ll take home an even bigger purse if he beats wilder two out of three times.

People need to understand that as long as Joshua and Wilder aren’t fighting each other, contenders are going to make a killing fighting both of them. Because people are going to want to compare them. I don’t understand why anyone thinks Ortiz’s chances to fight Joshua are gone just because he’s going to fight Wilder again. He was the next choice when Miller dropped out, he’s in a prime position to get Joshua. Even if Wilder knocks Ortiz out in 20 seconds in the rematch, I bet he’ll still get $7 mil for fighting Joshua down the line.

Comment

Is that a serious question?

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
          ]Ortiz will make around a mil for fighting Wilder again and then make $7 mil for fighting Joshua. If he beats wilder, he’ll get close to 50-50 for a third wilder fight and then make $7 mil for fighting Joshua... or he’ll take home an even bigger purse if he beats wilder two out of three times.

People need to understand that as long as Joshua and Wilder aren’t fighting each other, contenders are going to make a killing fighting both of them. Because people are going to want to compare them. I don’t understand why anyone thinks Ortiz’s chances to fight Joshua are gone just because he’s going to fight Wilder again. He was the next choice when Miller dropped out, he’s in a prime position to get Joshua. Even if Wilder knocks Ortiz out in 20 seconds in the rematch, I bet he’ll still get $7 mil for fighting Joshua down the line.
          why would he take the 1 million first and not the 7 million first? there is no guarantee joshua fights him ever and there is no guarantee he offers him the same crazy purse especially if he loses again to wilder. already no one cares about ortiz the undercard whale. he should have taken the 7 million first then after losing go back to wilder since wilder has no opponents and its an easier fight to make as both guys are pbc

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
            This is not about that brah.
            PBC fanboys like to call Hearn's offers lowball.
            Would you agree that an offer of $5-7 mil to Ortiz for a fight with AJ,
            not to mention a shot at multiple titles lowball offer?
            Yet when it comes to Haymon's offers they say nothing.
            Why is that?
            My reply was more In General but Yeah I hear a lot of about "Second Checks From PBC" if that is true then great, however if you don't disclose none of it how can you negotiate and demand more money without showing PROOF that you "Make Way More" than what is reported

So yeah it might be Low Offers because Eddie is offering based on your Fight Purse history and based on what has been reported so it is really not his fault

It is all negotiation tactics clearly, sound like it backfired for Ortiz though, seems like his promoter tried to get a bit too greedy thinking Eddie was desperate and would give them $10 Million out of desperation

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
              My reply was more In General but Yeah I hear a lot of about "Second Checks From PBC" if that is true then great, however if you don't disclose none of it how can you negotiate and demand more money without showing PROOF that you "Make Way More" than what is reported

So yeah it might be Low Offers because Eddie is offering based on your Fight Purse history and based on what has been reported so it is really not his fault

It is all negotiation tactics clearly, sound like it backfired for Ortiz though, seems like his promoter tried to get a bit too greedy thinking Eddie was desperate and would give them $10 Million out of desperation
              its great to go into negotiations not based on your actual draing power but what your daddy pays you behind the scenes

Comment

One thing I will say. It will be substantially more than the $500K he received the last time he fought Deontay Wilder and that's for sure.

Comment

Steroid cycle (probably the best reason) and the fact that if he beats wilder he makes insane money against Joshua.

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  why would he take the 1 million first and not the 7 million first? there is no guarantee joshua fights him ever and there is no guarantee he offers him the same crazy purse especially if he loses again to wilder. already no one cares about ortiz the undercard whale. he should have taken the 7 million first then after losing go back to wilder since wilder has no opponents and its an easier fight to make as both guys are pbc

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
                    Steroid cycle (probably the best reason) and the fact that if he beats wilder he makes insane money against Joshua.
                    yes the steroids makes the most sense to me but ortiz will never be a big star no matter what happens. he would have made insane money against joshua anyway. now if he loses to wilder again...i dont see that hge purse waiting for him. why not take the sure thing? he knows he cant beat wilder. look at the laughable cards and them giving him a rest when he was gone. he should be more aware of the industry he is in

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                      One thing I will say. It will be substantially more than the $500K he received the last time he fought Deontay Wilder and that's for sure.
                      will it be more than 7 million doe?

Comment

Working...
                      X