Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Wilder just earn a 50-50 deal after that spectacular KTFO?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
    Sounds like Finkel and Wilder know what they are doing.
    It's probably not hard to figure out. Pick one of the best opponents available, create some hype, deliver a spectacular KO. Who isn't gonna want to see more of that?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingraya View Post
      If AJ don"t offer 50-50 now, that's a huge duck and nothing but a duck. Wilder may be the biggest name in boxing right now. You have to make this fight now if you're Hearn and AJ.
      I knew this would happen.
      Wilder up first, wins, Wilderettes go crazy with even more hype.

Joshua next, wins, normal service resumed.

Dude, there is simply no comparison. Joshua is a better fighter and massively bigger commercial success.
      Calm down Wilders, let's only get excited if he stops ducking.

Comment

Hell No!

He is going to get 50/50 though because it is too much money to be made from it so AJ and Hearn will cave in to those demands. Not only that but their Divisions is SH#T, neither have many other options. It is AJ, Wilder, Fury...and the rest of the Divisions!

Their only big fights are with each other and that is it as of right now!
        Last edited by sicko; 05-20-2019, 04:13 PM.

Comment

It's been a 50/50 fight a long time ago. By late Fall of next year the purse split may even sway in Deontay Wilder's favor because he'll have more leverage and hold more cards at the bargaining table by then.

Comment

It's probably not hard to figure out. Pick one of the best opponents available, create some hype, deliver a spectacular KO. Who isn't gonna want to see more of that?
            Why have they waited so long to start doing this? But to say his value has risen to the point he can demand 50-50 with Anthony Joshua surely he should be doing similar sales or making similar money. Can we really be demanding 50-50 when one side is earning so much more than the other? Can we really ask for it based on what you may do in the future but havnt done in the past and are not doing now.

I dont care if they give it them but each and every time the numbers come in regards to both fighters it shows there is a clear A side and that is Anthony Joshua. Why cant Wilder accept that? Yes between them they make for a much bigger fight but surely A side and B side status can be kept by a proportional percentage split.

You can say AJ just accept the demands to get the fight made but the one being a bit unreasonable is the clear B side Deontay Wilder. I think the pressure should be on Wilder to wind in the ego a bit and be more reasonable rather than Joshua being expected to bow to Wilders stubborn and egotistical demands.
            Last edited by DaNeutral.; 05-20-2019, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Froch_uppercut View Post
              I knew this would happen.
              Wilder up first, wins, Wilderettes go crazy with even more hype.

Joshua next, wins, normal service resumed.

Dude, there is simply no comparison. Joshua is a better fighter and massively bigger commercial success.
              Calm down Wilders, let's only get excited if he stops ducking.
              That's called creating a buzz and drawing interest to a fight and boxing. It's not a bad thing, trust me.

As to who is actually better, we'll find out after they fight. You do want to see them fight right? I think you might be happy just thinking AJ is better though. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
                Why have they waited so long to start doing this? But to say his value has risen to the point he can demand 50-50 with Anthony Joshua surely he should be doing similar sales or making similar money. Can we really be demanding 50-50 when one side is earning so much more than the other? Can we really ask for it based on what you may do in the future but havnt done in the past and are not doing now.

I dont care if they give it them but each and every time the numbers come in regards to both fighters it shows there is a clear A side and that is Anthony Joshua. Why cant Wilder accept that? Yes between them they make for a much bigger fight but surely A side and B side status can be kept by a proportional percentage split.

You can say AJ just accept the demands to get the fight made but the one being a bit unreasonable is the clear B side Deontay Wilder. I think the pressure should be on Wilder to wind in the ego a bit and be more reasonable rather than Joshua being expected to bow to Wilders stubborn and egotistical demands.
                After Wilder beat Stiverne the first time, I knew he could be the best. If you're just catching on, well I guess its better late than never.

Comment

You don't earn a 50-50 split based on how spectacular your knockouts are. Unless Wilder starts generating the same kind of revenue that Joshua does he won't get 50-50. What a stupid thread.

Comment

Dominic Breazeale... one of the best opponents available. Okay mate. Maybe lay off the cool aid?

Dominic Breazeale was always nothing more than a stationary punch bag. He was a punch bag when Joshua knocked him from pillar to post in his 17th professional fight and he's a punch bag now. Knocking him out doesn't elevate anyone to superstar status.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                      You don't earn a 50-50 split based on how spectacular your knockouts are. Unless Wilder starts generating the same kind of revenue that Joshua does he won't get 50-50. What a stupid thread.
                      Its silly to suggest that cuts are ALWAYS based on your current numbers. It can be no doubt about that, but your allure to the other side is important to. Your leverage is in play too.

Or if I'm wrong forget about Wilder vs Joshua cuts. Explain to me how Charles Martin got paid as much as he did vs Joshua? Or how Buster Douglas made $20M+ for fighting Holyfield back in the day?

You are right most of the time I'd agree, but its not an always thing so lets quit bsing about that cuz you know its not true if you spend minimal time actually thinking about it vs just typing some sh^t out that you wanna believe or that fits your narrative.

Comment

Working...
                      X