Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Wilder just earn a 50-50 deal after that spectacular KTFO?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He wasn't, still isn't and will never be worth 50/50 but he may well get it. But then it wasnt long ago Eddie Hearn said they may have to go 50/50 and that's when finkel started talking about 2020 and 2021 and mentioning the in house fights they got lined up.

Comment

Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
      Yeah..... He still fight on free TV doe.
      Pretty sure show time isn't free.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingraya View Post
        Pretty sure show time isn't free.
        Yeah... It isn't free.
        It's PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
          OK lets talk PPV money. How many PPV did it sell?
          Wilder VS AJ hasn't happened yet (are you stupid?) It's gonna sell a lot though, bro. Trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
            He wasn't, still isn't and will never be worth 50/50 but he may well get it. But then it wasnt long ago Eddie Hearn said they may have to go 50/50 and that's when finkel started talking about 2020 and 2021 and mentioning the in house fights they got lined up.
            The buzz Wilder generated makes this fight 50-50 and AJ will still get more than he would have gotten had the fight taken place previously at 60-40 his favor. The whole event is way more valuable now.

Comment

Why doesn't he take 60-40 knock out AJ and then he'll have all 4 belts and he's the A side in any rematch, if there was one.

The way they act the AJ fight is, for Wilder's team, a lottery win and they want the biggest jackpot possible.

Comment

That's right

Originally posted by DJrabit View Post
                No because Dominic was never good to begin with and currently is not even in the top 10. Was another overhyped PBC fighter.
                They tried to make this a big fight but DM just doesn't have any kind of speed. He is tough and can take a good punch but he is slow as molasses.

Comment

I think Wilder & his team are doing a great job of increasing their value to DAZN & in general by the day & this Saturday was no different.

I suspect right now that assuming Joshua wins in a couple weeks we have the highest probability of seeing Joshua vs Wilder next then at any previous time.

Granted that doesn't mean it'll happen or that I'm saying it will be next, but I don't recall a time where I'd be less surprised if Joshua vs Wilder was next then right now is what I'm saying.

That said at the post-fight presser Shelly seemed to suggest they are going to have an opponent for next by next week. Idk if that was 100% legit or not so that makes me less hopeful than I'd otherwise be that Joshua vs Wilder could happen next.

Ideally DAZN has already made an effort to talk to Team Wilder or the doors are always open about making a deal so if thats the case idk that "next week" matters that much.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                    If Joshua struggles against Ruiz, and the fight goes long then yes, Wilder is looking at a bigger purse.

Josh has trouble against shorter heavyweights, so I see the Ruiz fight giving him fits with his size and hand speed.
                    I was just thinking how the Ruiz fight could positively or negatively effect Wilder vs Joshua going next & I think Joshua struggling a lil or not looking all that great could make it more likely we see the fight we wanna see next.

But maybe him looking good will enhance it even more cuz one of the realities with this fight is Wilder may legit be more popular in the US than Joshua is. And in the US the true value of this fight isn't fully gained til Joshua is more famous in the US then he currently is.

Thats why I'm still thinking 2020 is when this fight happens. But that also means for it to happen in late 2020 Joshua needs to increase his Q score in the US massively AND he likely needs to fight again in the US in his first fight or 2020 or he needs to have 3 fights in 2020 & have Wilder be the last.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingraya View Post
                      The buzz Wilder generated makes this fight 50-50 and AJ will still get more than he would have gotten had the fight taken place previously at 60-40 his favor. The whole event is way more valuable now.
                      Sounds like Finkel and Wilder know what they are doing.

Comment

Working...
                      X