No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Naoya Inoue Destroys Emmanuel Rodriguez in Two Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lieutenant View Post
    I think he's a great fighter, I'd have him in my top 10 absolutely, BUT to have him over fighters like Juan Estrada who has actually beat another top 10 p4p is disrespectful. Who would you bump out of the top 5 to crown Inoue? Estrada, Lomachenko, Canelo, Usyk, Spence? I say all of them have a better case than Inoue does.
    Well, I don't - as you may have guessed - really subscribe to P4P as a concept so I ain't disputing your right to rank the five fighters you mentioned as you wish... all of 'em are elite for my money. It's just one of my pet peeves that folk talk about that P4P ish like it's a matter of fact rather than opinion, especially when they start scorning others for disagreeing.

If I really wanted to I could construct a strong argument to rank him against any of 'em - dude ain't got an L (unlike Loma, Canelo and Estrada), he's won titles in multiple divisions (unlike Spence and Usyk), probably has by percentage the most decisive (KO) victories against champs or former champs... but yet it means nothing... all opinion see? Like I say I consider them all elite and that's good enough for me. Might as well argue over who would win between Godzilla and Thor.

Comment

• Originally posted by REYESdelBOXEO View Post
      Ahh come on man , lighten up haha. I'm just hyping up a fight between the 2 best guys in the division. The 2nd best in Inoue and The #1 , 118 pounder in the world , my comrade Luis "The Monster Slayer" Nery.

Do you intervene when poster's go on ridiculous rants against Mexican fighter's also?
      Ah, you seem to have a bit of self awareness. That's cool, man. I will take back in calling you a ret4rd. But you can't call Nery the number 1 when he was on the juice when he beat Yamanaka. They should be wiped clean from his resume. And to add insult to injury, he came in overweight too. It's only fair. You can't dispute him being a drug and weight cheat.

Hyping fighters up is all well and good. But it's best to not go overboard. It would be a quality match-up, but you'd have to favour Inoue. He just seems to have all the momentum against higher calibre fighters. He'd be a clear favourite if they do manage to get it on.

If posters are telling the truth about Mexican fighters, then you can't complain. No matter how much you don't want to hear it. But when it's lies, i'm not all for it in any way. Take the recent Canelo/Jacobs fight. Some morons actually thought it was close, when in fact, Canelo clearly beat Jacobs. You've just got to swing with the punches on here.

Comment

• Originally posted by budfr View Post
        STFU, sensitive Kangaroo....nothing wrong with the post you are criticizing...Mexicans are the face of boxing, deal with it....
        You think there's nothing wrong with him saying Nery is going to dominate and then knock him out in one sided fashion?

I'm all for supporting your fellow country men. But not to the extent where you say they're going to win every fight. That's just silly. We all know who would be the clear favourite on the forums and at the bookies. If anyone is getting dominated and blown out, it most certainly isn't Inoue.

For the record, I thought it was cute calling me a sensitive kangaroo. That's definitely a first. But don't worry, it wasn't taken in a sexual way. Unless of course you want it to be?

Comment

• Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
          Well, I don't - as you may have guessed - really subscribe to P4P as a concept so I ain't disputing your right to rank the five fighters you mentioned as you wish... all of 'em are elite for my money. It's just one of my pet peeves that folk talk about that P4P ish like it's a matter of fact rather than opinion, especially when they start scorning others for disagreeing.

If I really wanted to I could construct a strong argument to rank him against any of 'em - dude ain't got an L (unlike Loma, Canelo and Estrada), he's won titles in multiple divisions (unlike Spence and Usyk), probably has by percentage the most decisive (KO) victories against champs or former champs... but yet it means nothing... all opinion see? Like I say I consider them all elite and that's good enough for me. Might as well argue over who would win between Godzilla and Thor.
          Inoue is a beast no doubt but why are fans so eager to put him on the top of the p4p. Just cause hes destroying his opponents?

Estrada actually has a win of a guy who was in the p4p list. Josh Taylor is he p4p? His resume is much better than Inounes. In fact Inoue would be getting more props if he didn't skip 115 when it was hot. If Inoue moves up to 122 and does the same than you could put him on.

Comment

• He avenged his pops quite well

Comment

• Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
              Inoue is a beast no doubt but why are fans so eager to put him on the top of the p4p. Just cause hes destroying his opponents?

Estrada actually has a win of a guy who was in the p4p list. Josh Taylor is he p4p? His resume is much better than Inounes. In fact Inoue would be getting more props if he didn't skip 115 when it was hot. If Inoue moves up to 122 and does the same than you could put him on.
              It's P4P, man, just made up nonsense to my mind so you're asking the wrong guy, but yes, I imagine the way he's destroying guys others ain't has much to do with it.

Guess a lot of it depends on what you personally understand the phrase P4P to mean and how you interpret and determine it - it's such a grey area that debate is effectively meaningless. Best way to do it (only sensible way IMO) is just to canvass as broad a range of opinion as possible and accept the consensus... course, it's probably best not to do it immediately after one of the candidates has just scored a highlight reel. That ish tends to skew opinions for a time.

Comment

There's no reason that Inoue and Estrada can't fight after the tournament though. Inoue moved up to 118 pretty quick just to be in this tournament, but if Tete, Nery or Burnett aren't available after the WBSS, I'd love to see him go after Estrada or SSR.

How would that put him on your p4p list?

Comment

• Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                  There's no reason that Inoue and Estrada can't fight after the tournament though. Inoue moved up to 118 pretty quick just to be in this tournament, but if Tete, Nery or Burnett aren't available after the WBSS, I'd love to see him go after Estrada or SSR.

How would that put him on your p4p list?
                  Estrada would be good. Isn't he signing with Top Rank after the tournament? I heard Arum wants to make him and Burnett. Nery is with haymon so idk if that happens.

Navarrete would be good too.

Comment

Estrada would be good. Isn't he signing with Top Rank after the tournament? I heard Arum wants to make him and Burnett. Nery is with haymon so idk if that happens.

Navarrete would be good too.
                    yeah, he's signing with TR after the tournament from what I've read. They don't have much at Bantam last I checked, but they could still pair him against Ancajas, Dogboe, Navarette, Magdalino...

And even if Nery is with PBC, if Inoue has all the belts, they'll have to fight.

Comment

• Does anyone know who Nordine Oubaali is signed with?

Comment

Working...
                      X