Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: Joshua Deal Can Get Done if Negotiations Are Private

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s easier to duck a fight when no one know how much $$$ your turning down.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamsc151 View Post
      I'd have kept quiet on negotiations to fight a massively overweight bloke on the comeback from a drugs ban and mental health issues as well.
      Turns out it backfired though as the only people who do not believe Wilder lost that fight are a couple of dodgy judges and his own die hard fans. I was a neutral on it and thought Fury should have won by at least 3 rounds.
      In all due respect mate, Tyson Fury should be very grateful that he walked away with a Draw that night. He was damn near knocked out and would have been counted out had there been another referee.

Jack Reiss' ten count was about a split second too slow. Any other referee would have reached the count of 10 before Tyson got up before the count of nine and waved the fight off. Therefore, Tyson should be counting his lucky stars that he was given some extra time.

It's the reason why he's avoided the rematch. In addition, it's the reason why Wilder wants the rematch so badly because he felt that Fury got away with a referee's gift decision in that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
        He actually wanted to fight Fury, he thought Fury was finished. Wilder was the one that made negotiations for a Joshua fight public, for the publicity, now it's turned and people see him for the ducker he is.
        Mate, you have a bad case of revisionist history!

Comment

Originally posted by DougalDylan View Post
          Finkel won't have told him, Wilder does as he's told.
          Perhaps, that might be true but the bottom line is they got the fight adone. On the flip side though, Eddie Hearn talks way too much.

He gives a minimum of at least 40 interviews per day on various social media outlets. However at the same time, I am more than confident that this fight is getting closer to fruition every day as we speak.

Al Haymon and Shelly Finkel obviously trusts and respects John Skipper more than they do Matchroom and they are keeping and remaining in close contact and constant talks with him daily. So that is a good sign.

I am confident that the fight would happen sometime next year because both Joshua and Wilder want it. Moreover, it's just too much money to be made for that fight not to happen.

Comment

Wildher didn't like the backlash after he ducked 100 millions so he wants it private next time he ducks 200 millions

Comment

I ask myself if Wilder is ******ed.

Comment

I personally believe that the ice is melting and that Deontay Wilder is slowly warming up to the idea of challenging Anthony Joshua for the undisputed heavyweight championship of the world again.

He wants it, Joshua wants it and the fans wants it but more importantly there is a lot of money on the table for that fight to happen. Damn a Tyson Fury rematch. Let's just make this fight happen because it has historical significance.

Comment

I just hope Wilder wants to play the heel for marketing purposes to make himself hated so much for ppv sake. The guy is creepy.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                    He wants this fight to get made too. He wanted this fight made ever since 2018 when he was willing to fight on foreign soil for a flat-fee.
                    He was willing to fight AJ in the UK for $15million, but not willing to fight him in the US for £40million?

No, he just pretended to be willing, then didn't sign the contract when it was sent to him and left his fans to make a dozen bullshit excuses for his for lying and ducking.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                      So the nitwits are out already. Fury talks weren't private? Did the media know anything about what was offered or negotiated? No. That's what private is. Further, when Joshua signs or agrees to a deal with DAZN to fight Wilder on a specific date or within a date range AND Wilder refuses to sign a similar deal. We should ALL drag him. Until then, the Joshualites are just grasping for straws.
                      That already happened, of course, but a certain fan base would rather have their toenails ripped out with pliers than admit it.

Comment

Working...
                      X