Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gervonta Davis vs Ricardo Nunez on 7/27 at Royal Farms Arena in Baltimore, MD

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was thinking about going but the royal farms arena looks like it will have terrible seating.

I went to see khan vs Peterson in dc at the convention center and that was bad from a seating perspective but a good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      ... so now Nunez is the WBA "mandatory" for Gervonta...

... WBA has Davis a "super", Cancio as "regular", and RENE ALVARADO as #1 contender... but they enforce Nunez as "mandatory"... OK...

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
        Crowd pleasing against tomato cans. Oompa loompa smurf is gonna get it when he steps up.
        LOL, I heard that. The problem with Davis is his inactivity. The more he fights the greater are his chances of becoming a Pound for Pound fighter.

Let's not kid ourselves the kid is talented, has a lot of potential and can fight.
        For example: He'll stomp kick the living shit out of Leo Santa Cruz if he so much dares to move up and challenge Tank.

If Leo wants it. Then he can get it.

Comment

I bet Gamboa is on the undercard and Tank vs. Gamboa gets lined up for the fall.

Comment

Hmmmmmm

Originally posted by Bmore18 View Post
            Lol aint that the truth. You are gonna have an interesting mix in the crowd, it'll be fun. I'm fine with this if his 3rd fight this year is a unification or something more significant
            Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
            "Hopes it is a title unification." Unlikely, unless they finally decide to play ball with Farmer and Hearn
            Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
            Crap fight if true. I'd take Gamboa over this guy. Drop this stupid trinket and fight Fortuna at 135. That'd be more impressive. Not impressed with fighting no hopers in your hometown. Shit fight!
            Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
            Who are the other belt holders at 130?
            Farmer, Berchelt, Davis and who else??
            The construction dude who beat the big Rican kid?
            Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
            Yeah that's what I was trying to figure out, who the fk could he possibly fight in a unifacation. Berchelt is gonna go up and fight Lomachenko at some point so they wont mix it up with Davis. Pretty sure the others fight on DAZN or ESPN? I'm guessing they hope Cancio or whatever dudes name is wins again and then they offer him good money for a PBC fight even though it wouldn't be a unifacation because he holds the same organization belt I think as Davis.

Ah, fk boxing, I can't keep up
            Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Yea idk who they are thinking they are most likely to get tbh. I don't think Floyd wants to let Tank cross the street & idk if anyone is gonna let their guy cross the street either so its a Mexican standoff at making the best fights or finding out who's legit #1.

I think Tank is the LEAST likely guy to get a unifying fight at 130 right now doe.

Berchelt called out the Ito vs Herring winner who's fighting for some sorta ABC belt. And both sides of that is aligned with ESPN.

And Farmer & Machado are with DAZN via Matchroom & GBP. My assumption is GBP has options on Cancio beyond this Machado rematch, but obviously idk that for a fact. It seems like they'd aim for doing that since they could line up the Farmer fight next or just have a champ on their stable in general. And its not like anyone was trying to sign up Cancio or anything so I tend to think he'll stick with GBP if he wins & maybe even if he loses to.

LMFAO. No doubt about that sh^t. Honestly there are so many legit titles now & even beyond that there bs ass versions of the legit titles its impossible to keep up with this stuff unless you are keeping notes & studying daily boxing going ons like its something your writing your masters degree thesis on.
            Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            Farmer owes Eddie Hearn nothing after this summer; Lou DiBella has made that clear.

Only thing that'll stop a Davis-Farmer unification, from what I can see, is Eddie Hearn showing up with a $1m+ per fight deal guaranteed.
            Originally posted by daggum View Post
            why would farmer leave hearn though? hes not a good fighter and yet is being treated and paid as such. stick with the scam while you can has always been my motto

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              Hmmmmmm

We shall see what Tevin does.

Its better for Tevin to court all sides after his deal is up. I think Tevin is smart enough to know that.

And if he can get a deal thats better than DAZN fair play to him.

I primarily just think he can hang with &/or beat the guys he's likely to come across with DAZN for sexy money (even if I wouldn't necessarily pick him to beat some of them) & the Tank fight (or vs other cats like GRJ or LSC) is only a slightly bigger check but he can't hang with Tank in my eyes (or GRJ or LSC for that matter). He's on some KTFO by 5 type sh^t vs Tank. If he can get a sexy deal with a cherry on top for Tank fight maybe it makes sense to take a retirement plan deal cuz the reality is maybe he loses to the next bearded no name guy he fights on DAZN too. And maybe he realizes that sh^t to despite him looking like he's trying to brand up himself right now.

Comment

This takes care of his mandatory correct?

He better get Berchelt or Farmer next. But I really want the Berchelt fight as that has war written all over it.

Comment

Just boxreced this dude. He lost against someone named Barnie.. who's 1-9 in his last 10. Guess who the 1 is?

Comment

Remember when all the Brits on the board said he was Lacey 2.0 and how Washly was gonna get him?

Comment

Working...
                    X