Gervonta Davis vs Ricardo Nunez on 7/27 at Royal Farms Arena in Baltimore, MD

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Worick View Post
    **** fight
    So whatever happened to mares? Is he retired or what?
    well he's number4 in the wbas 130 rankings despite never fighting there so i think haymon still has plans for him. this nunez guy became mandatory how...not even the top ranked guy and never fought an eliminator. not to mention hes a bum. more haymon magic im guessing

Comment

The 30th ranked super featherweight????

Ugh. Mandatories...

Comment

Originally posted by rolshans View Post
        The 30th ranked super featherweight????

Ugh. Mandatories...
        mares needed an easy opponent so they moved this unknown guy up the rankings as cannon fodder. hes not even #1 so not sure how he is mandatory...just a random time to select the mandatory i suppose. no influence or anything from haymon. or maybe nunez's promoter is super powerful? does he even have a promoter? machado was dying to fight davis when he was interim champ but they never called for that fight, now they call for a fight against this rando? lol ok

Comment

Lol these fights talk so much sht online just to end up fighting bums. Tank is a fraud.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
            Yeah that's what I was trying to figure out, who the fk could he possibly fight in a unifacation. Berchelt is gonna go up and fight Lomachenko at some point so they wont mix it up with Davis. Pretty sure the others fight on DAZN or ESPN? I'm guessing they hope Cancio or whatever dudes name is wins again and then they offer him good money for a PBC fight even though it wouldn't be a unifacation because he holds the same organization belt I think as Davis.
            Yea idk who they are thinking they are most likely to get tbh. I don't think Floyd wants to let Tank cross the street & idk if anyone is gonna let their guy cross the street either so its a Mexican standoff at making the best fights or finding out who's legit #1.

I think Tank is the LEAST likely guy to get a unifying fight at 130 right now doe.

Berchelt called out the Ito vs Herring winner who's fighting for some sorta ABC belt. And both sides of that is aligned with ESPN.

And Farmer & Machado are with DAZN via Matchroom & GBP. My assumption is GBP has options on Cancio beyond this Machado rematch, but obviously idk that for a fact. It seems like they'd aim for doing that since they could line up the Farmer fight next or just have a champ on their stable in general. And its not like anyone was trying to sign up Cancio or anything so I tend to think he'll stick with GBP if he wins & maybe even if he loses to.

Ah, fk boxing, I can't keep up
            LMFAO. No doubt about that sh^t. Honestly there are so many legit titles now & even beyond that there bs ass versions of the legit titles its impossible to keep up with this stuff unless you are keeping notes & studying daily boxing going ons like its something your writing your masters degree thesis on.

Comment

One minute fans are complaining and saying the organizations are protecting certain fighters when they don’t fight their mandatories. The next minute fans are complaining when fighters donfight their mandatories. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                "Hopes it is a title unification." Unlikely, unless they finally decide to play ball with Farmer and Hearn
                Farmer owes Eddie Hearn nothing after this summer; Lou DiBella has made that clear.

Only thing that'll stop a Davis-Farmer unification, from what I can see, is Eddie Hearn showing up with a $1m+ per fight deal guaranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  Yea idk who they are thinking they are most likely to get tbh. I don't think Floyd wants to let Tank cross the street & idk if anyone is gonna let their guy cross the street either so its a Mexican standoff at making the best fights or finding out who's legit #1.

I think Tank is the LEAST likely guy to get a unifying fight at 130 right now doe.

Berchelt called out the Ito vs Herring winner who's fighting for some sorta ABC belt. And both sides of that is aligned with ESPN.

And Farmer & Machado are with DAZN via Matchroom & GBP. My assumption is GBP has options on Cancio beyond this Machado rematch, but obviously idk that for a fact. It seems like they'd aim for doing that since they could line up the Farmer fight next or just have a champ on their stable in general. And its not like anyone was trying to sign up Cancio or anything so I tend to think he'll stick with GBP if he wins & maybe even if he loses to.

LMFAO. No doubt about that sh^t. Honestly there are so many legit titles now & even beyond that there bs ass versions of the legit titles its impossible to keep up with this stuff unless you are keeping notes & studying daily boxing going ons like its something your writing your masters degree thesis on.
                  Cancio has been signed to Golden Boy for a while. Since 2013 or 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                    Farmer owes Eddie Hearn nothing after this summer; Lou DiBella has made that clear.

Only thing that'll stop a Davis-Farmer unification, from what I can see, is Eddie Hearn showing up with a $1m+ per fight deal guaranteed.
                    why would farmer leave hearn though? hes not a good fighter and yet is being treated and paid as such. stick with the scam while you can has always been my motto

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                      Cancio has been signed to Golden Boy for a while. Since 2013 or 2014.
                      Is he? I just assumed he was done when he was out for awhile. I do see him listed on GBP's website now that I'm looking doe. Thanks for the correction.

I've heard him on a couple podcasts so I probably shoulda known that I guess.

Eh, point remains the same. Tank isn't likely to get a unification fight this year.

Comment

Working...
                      X