(RUMOR) William Morris Endeavor (WME) To Buy PBC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Source couldnt be worse, but anyway

Comment

What I dont get, if this is true, is where lies the value in PBC? All these guys are allied to Haymon, and if hes getting hustled out, whats to stop him setting up "PCB", taking all his guys, then going to ESPN, DAZN or any other ****er and asking for a deal

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Idk what one thing has to do with another. What are you talking about?

WME isn't a TV network. They wouldn't be swiping TV rights from someone or w/e you are suggesting here.

WME can buy a company with a TV deal if the owner of said company wishes to sell it. TV deals ain't got nothing to do with it.

WME bought the UFC when it had a TV deal with Fox. What did that matter?
        it depends on how those contracts are structured. Are the TV deals between Fox/Showtime and PBC, or are they between Fox/Showtime and Haymon Sports?

Same with the talent. No fighters are signed to PBC directly, they are all signed to Haymon Sports.

So the deal would either have to include Haymon Sports, or Haymon Sports would have to assign all the contracts to PBC, otherwise, what exactly would WME be buying?

Comment

Is Rick Glaser a legitimate source? I'm not trolling, I'm just new to these boards.

Wouldn't surprise me if WME picked them up. The UFC purchase came out of nowhere and I've heard rumors about Al's investors being angry before.

Comment

Just like they was INTERESTED in Purchasing Top Rank, yeah I'm sure they're INTERESTED in purchasing PBC because that is what Investors Do. If they see something they can potential make better with their muscle behind if then yeah of course they would be interested

Wouldn't be bad having the WME muscle behind boxing, would be great for the fighters with WME helping fighters build up their BRAND and if fighters want to get into other things like ACTING or whatever

Haymon sold half of his Concert Promotion Company to Live Nation years ago as well so maybe it is another one of those type of deals

Have my doubts about this story though considering the Sources
            Last edited by sicko; 05-16-2019, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
              What I dont get, if this is true, is where lies the value in PBC? All these guys are allied to Haymon, and if hes getting hustled out, whats to stop him setting up "PCB", taking all his guys, then going to ESPN, DAZN or any other ****er and asking for a deal
              Why would Haymon necessarily get hustled out here? That would make no sense. WME bought the UFC and still left White in charge.

Fighters are signed to Haymon, not the PBC. WME would need to keep Haymon on board....To well, have any sort of product.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                Why would Haymon necessarily get hustled out here? That would make no sense. WME bought the UFC and still left White in charge.

Fighters are signed to Haymon, not the PBC. WME would need to keep Haymon on board....To well, have any sort of product.
                I'm going by the bit in Glasers post saying "Waddell and Reed without Haymon may retain some ownership"

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                  I'm going by the bit in Glasers post saying "Waddell and Reed without Haymon may retain some ownership"
                  Glaser should be smart enough to realize there is no PBC product if there is no Haymon. It would be one thing if fighters were signed to the actual network or PBC itself, but that isn't the case. Now, Top Rank actually has fighters signed to their promotional company. So if WME buys them out, they will get those fighters but Arum and the crew would still be involved.

Selling to WME isn't what some on here think it is. And that's why in my earlier post in this thread I said there wouldn't really be much of a difference if they did buy out the PBC. Only thing they can do is eventually negotiate different network deals or change the way PBC does stuff by implementing monthly PPVs like there are in the UFC. Overall though? It would be the same ole same ole.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                    it depends on how those contracts are structured. Are the TV deals between Fox/Showtime and PBC, or are they between Fox/Showtime and Haymon Sports?
                    My guess is its Haymon Sports.

Same with the talent. No fighters are signed to PBC directly, they are all signed to Haymon Sports.

So the deal would either have to include Haymon Sports, or Haymon Sports would have to assign all the contracts to PBC, otherwise, what exactly would WME be buying?
                    To me PBC is the public branded product of Haymon Sports. Haymon Sports is what would really be bought IF this news was legit. So PBC isn't reallllllllly a thing if you get me. Haymon Sports is the thing & the company.

Or thats how I see it. You can tell me where you think I'm wrong if you disagree cuz maybe I am missing something idk.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      My guess is its Haymon Sports.

To me PBC is the public branded product of Haymon Sports. Haymon Sports is what would really be bought IF this news was legit. So PBC isn't reallllllllly a thing if you get me. Haymon Sports is the thing & the company.

Or thats how I see it. You can tell me where you think I'm wrong if you disagree cuz maybe I am missing something idk.
                      The TV deals were announced with the PBC not Haymon Sports though. If SHO/FOX had deals with Haymon Sports, then would they really be able to go on other networks like DAZN? Would SHO/FOX not ask for exclusivity if they had a deal with Haymon Sports?

Both got deals with the PBC not Haymon Sports. But let's say it is Haymon Sports getting bought out, what exactly are WME buying then? They are buying the contracts to the fighters? Many of them who don't even have deals with Haymon but just work on fight to fight basis with him? There is no scenario I can see where WME buys out the PBC without still keeping Haymon on board....Or else they will buying nothing essentially but his current TV deals. Fighters would then just go where ever Haymon ends up getting a deal with or wherever he ends up doing business with. That was the big flaw in Glaser's post. He said Waddle and Reed could have involvement with no Haymon. Huh? If you aren't getting Haymon with the deal, then you are pretty much doing nothing.

Comment

Working...
                      X