No announcement yet.

(RUMOR) William Morris Endeavor (WME) To Buy PBC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    There the cats who bought the UFC for $4B a couple years ago.
    ... for $4.025 billion, more exactly... and where UFC is at right now?... Answer: UFC is with ESPN (ESPN+)...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
      ... for $4.025 billion, more exactly... and where UFC is at right now?... Answer: UFC is with ESPN (ESPN+)...
      And? Are you saying thats a bad thing?

Idk the TV ratings cuz I don't get into that all that much so maybe thats not looking as good as it was with Fox idk, but I know the PPV numbers are making everyone more money for lower numbers.

They don't gotta deal with the middleman. 45% isn't going to the distributor anymore. ESPN takes their cut to make ends meet on the deal & then they are chopping profits at a lower number from my understanding.

Granted with McConor & Ronda gone their PPV numbers aren't as ***y, but there has always been ups & downs with that & there'll be another McConor & another Ronda eventually. There always has been there always will be new stars who pop up & create a nice wave to surf on for awhile.

Comment

And? Are you saying thats a bad thing?

Idk the TV ratings cuz I don't get into that all that much so maybe thats not looking as good as it was with Fox idk, but I know the PPV numbers are making everyone more money for lower numbers.

They don't gotta deal with the middleman. 45% isn't going to the distributor anymore. ESPN takes their cut to make ends meet on the deal & then they are chopping profits at a lower number from my understanding.

Granted with McConor & Ronda gone their PPV numbers aren't as ***y, but there has always been ups & downs with that & there'll be another McConor & another Ronda eventually. There always has been there always will be new stars who pop up & create a nice wave to surf on for awhile.
        This thread actually is about "William Morris Endeavor (WME) to buy PBC"... PBC which is with Showtime and Fox right now... now go figure...

Comment

Originally posted by Scary_canary View Post
          I think to me, it will be no different to what it is now...Dana has already said he’ll never do business with arum or Oscar, so unless the plan on throwing huge money around and sign every fighter, we still ain’t getting the fights we want
          I don't think WME buying PBC, if that were to even happen, means that Dana White is running PBC suddenly. In fact I strongly doubt it would mean that.

WME bought the UFC & kept Dana as the President. They didn't bring in a new guy.

If anything I think it just extends some smaller shows to Fight Pass so keeps PBC guys more active & keeps everything else running as is with Fox & Showtime for the foreseeable future.

Nothing is ending the platform wars except some casualties so thats not on WME or PBC or anyone else for that matter. The way the business works & the promoters having too much control of fighters career that it doesn't make sense to take risks with your name guys insures the big fights don't get made til their big enough for the risk to make sense for promoters.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
            This thread actually is about "William Morris Endeavor (WME) to buy PBC"... PBC which is with Showtime and Fox right now... now go figure...
            Idk what one thing has to do with another. What are you talking about?

WME isn't a TV network. They wouldn't be swiping TV rights from someone or w/e you are suggesting here.

WME can buy a company with a TV deal if the owner of said company wishes to sell it. TV deals ain't got nothing to do with it.

WME bought the UFC when it had a TV deal with Fox. What did that matter?

Comment

Randomly I'm dated on the name. I guess they changed it from WME-IMG to Endeavor in 2017.

Comment

Steve Kim has always been an accurate source on what’s going to happen with PBC.

What’s that?

Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                  So no one but Steve Kim is saying that? I wouldn’t be surprised if his source was Bob Arum
                  Yep. Arum said it in an interview weeks ago when he was yelling and complaining about Haymon.

Comment

I don't think WME buying PBC, if that were to even happen, means that Dana White is running PBC suddenly. In fact I strongly doubt it would mean that.

WME bought the UFC & kept Dana as the President. They didn't bring in a new guy.

If anything I think it just extends some smaller shows to Fight Pass so keeps PBC guys more active & keeps everything else running as is with Fox & Showtime for the foreseeable future.

Nothing is ending the platform wars except some casualties so thats not on WME or PBC or anyone else for that matter. The way the business works & the promoters having too much control of fighters career that it doesn't make sense to take risks with your name guys insures the big fights don't get made til their big enough for the risk to make sense for promoters.
                    I agree with ya it would be better for wme to keep Haymon on..... but Dana been sayin for 2yrs now he’s getting into boxing, it was only a cpl of weeks ago he said something about a major announcement in the summer(boxing related)... with all the talk from Dana, if wme buy in, I reckon there gonna use Dana and try and replicate the ufc..... I can’t see both wme and Dana getting into boxing Separately

Comment

Idk what one thing has to do with another. What are you talking about?
                      Was hoping you could figure it out because I'm struggling to understand what that guy is on about. He does the same shyt to me, alludes to things that don't seem to connect.

Comment

Working...
                      X