No announcement yet.

This Is Why Boxers Respect Al Haymon & Why They Should Respect Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
    very touching interview, to me the highlight of it was when he said how he was written of after losing to charlo, a very common thing to do in today's boxing.
    Oh yea absolutely. The whole interview is great & the best parts are the thing you are bringing up.

The Haymon stuff just struck me as interesting & important cuz people KEEP dogging Haymon & what he offers fighters that NO ONE ELSE IN THE GAME is doing quite like he's doing that I can see. Plus someone else popped up a thread about the overall speech anyway thats why I just focused on the Haymon angle with this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
      Yeah its bull**** how he never fought Santa Cruz( or Mares). I believe Russell when he says Haymon was protecting Santa Cruz from him which is a conflict of interest. People will try to deflect insulting Russell and other bull**** but its obvious why they never fought.
      From listening to more than my fair share of videos about how Haymon interacts with fighters it sounds like one of the legit problems with Haymon is that he gives fighters TOO MUCH control to avoid being a promoter, technicality or nah like I see people saying in this thread.

So I tend to doubt Haymon is steering his fighters ANY way, above & beyond the normal expectation of someone in his position. He will give them the available options & likely state what the best options he believes is as a manager/advisor would be doing regardless if they are Haymon or some other manager/advisor.

The most popular account of how he does business is he asks boxers 2 questions. Who do you wanna fight & who do you think you can beat. And he makes fights off of that knowledge more or less. Or thats how he was doing things cuz admittedly I've seen less about how the sausage is made in recent times.

For GRJ specifically that means he'd have to wanna fight LSC & LSC would have wanna fought him at the same time & with the issues with PBC dates in the past + GRJ's inactivity I can see why making that fight would be problematic assuming both wanted to fight each other & were available at similar times.

But obviously thats just speculation.

And lets be real GRJ isn't upset with Haymon as best as I can tell as the first line in the article is GRJ says "Haymon has delivered on every promise he has ever made."
      https://www.boxingscene.com/russell-...ant-me--138475
      Last edited by Eff Pandas; 05-13-2019, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
        Im pretty sure no one accuses Haymon of not paying or robbing his fighters of their money.
        In fact, the problem is he over payed them to the point that everyone thinks they deserve more than what their market value is.
        If everyone thinks they’re worth more than market value, maybe you just view the market incorrectly.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Oh yea absolutely. The whole interview is great & the best parts are the thing you are bringing up.

The Haymon stuff just struck me as interesting & important cuz people KEEP dogging Haymon & what he offers fighters that NO ONE ELSE IN THE GAME is doing quite like he's doing that I can see. Plus someone else popped up a thread about the overall speech anyway thats why I just focused on the Haymon angle with this one.
          at this point i think it would be better if they were all under his umbrella, to me is arum who is ****ing things up

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
            I base my opinions on my personal interactions with him. I worked probably a dozen shows with him, and never witnessed a problem with someone claiming they didnt get what they were supposed to.

Sure, I agree that he laid the nostalgia on a bit thick after Diego passed away, but that doesnt make him a crook.
            SO Jrock talks about his crap deal, you back Shaw while also saying Haymon violated an act that he has never been found guilty of violating.

The problem here is Haymon's business has wiped you out and you have a huge vendetta against him. I understand that if you work hard only to watch a Harvard MBA come in a take you out must be painful but please stop with the Ali act stuff. Lying and bitterness isn't going to change the fact that Haymon has a track record of success that fighters see and want to be part of.

Maybe you should've considered working with him as well and you might still be in business.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              SO Jrock talks about his crap deal, you back Shaw while also saying Haymon violated an act that he has never been found guilty of violating.

The problem here is Haymon's business has wiped you out and you have a huge vendetta against him. I understand that if you work hard only to watch a Harvard MBA come in a take you out must be painful but please stop with the Ali act stuff. Lying and bitterness isn't going to change the fact that Haymon has a track record of success that fighters see and want to be part of.

Maybe you should've considered working with him as well and you might still be in business.

wow, of all the things I have been called, PSYCHIC is not one of them.

Hey Genius, I retired from promoting in 2011. The first PBC show was in 2015. So PBC put me out of business 4 years before it even existed? LMAO

LOL you are something else. But then again, I should expect as much from a deadbeat loser who doesnt even pay up on charity bets.
              Last edited by OnePunch; 05-13-2019, 11:10 PM.

Comment

No one should respect al gaymon how can you respect a man who hides his face from the camera? never talks or does interviews he seems like he's hiding something. something sinister it will come out soon.

Comment

this needs to be highlighted more Al Haymon is a good dude and scumbags who talk down on him terrence crawfords promoter are the real scum

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    1. It's not a technicality. The law stated Haymon isn't a promoter.

2. I remember people saying those PBC fighters were stupid for not signing with Roc Nation. Where is Roc Nation Boxing now?

Haymon is the most successful man in boxing over the past 20 years. Brought boxing back to the mainstream TV when everyone said it couldn't be done. Has generated more revenue for fighters, networks, promoters, and Vegas than anyone else. With a track record like his it's crazy to me that people still doubt him. He's a revenue generator. That's why people invest in him. He's good money
                    1. The law says innocent men and guilty and guilty men are innocent not infrequently.
                    2. Not sure, don’t care.

I am not a Haymon hater. I think Haymon pays his guys well, looks after them, sets up their future so they’re financially secure etc.

The point i am trying to make is simple. Haymon promotes and manages fighters are the same time. If that is not obvious to you then i believe i am discussing this topic with the wrong person.
                    Why hasn’t he told any of his fighters to go grab some of them million$ dazn is throwing around? Not a single one. He’s actually doing the opposite and preventing them from going to other platforms. If you’re purely an adviser, that is absolutely shocking.

It’s nice to have an appreciation thread but we also need a balance, like yin and yang.

Comment

Originally posted by TMTForever99 View Post
                      Al Haymon is smarter than most in that he has his top fighters understanding the business side of boxing. these guys like 1.

1. Errol spence - (man down promotions llc)
                      2. danny Garcia - (Swift promotions llc)
                      3. Manny Pacquaio - (MP Promotions llc)
                      4. Floyd Mayweather - (Mayweather Promotions llc)
                      5. Charlos - (lions Den Promotions llc)

and these are the ones i know off the top of my head who I know co-promote most of their fights. the business side of boxing dictates that if these guys co-promote they get a % of every t-shirt and hot dog sold at the event not just a guarantee that promoters give to fighters then require 30-40% of the guarantee back to promote the fight.

Al Haymon being a lawyer understands the tax implications of being an LLC as opposed to a fighter. that is why j-rock is a millionaire and will be a multi-millionaire after three more championship fights. Jrock is an llc.

when j-rock gets paid the money goes to his llc where he is then paid a salary w-2. The haymon model maximizes a fighters full revenue potential. fighters now have access to tv-rights revenue, due to their promotional companies. something the promoters of old would gobble up and not share with the fighters.

there is no way any PBC fighter with their own promotional company is going to go work with top rank or matchroom knowing that those companies are hard to do business with due to their shady accounting and business practices.
                      Good post. Haymon certainly looks after his fighters when they are fighting on his platform to the best of his ability. Can’t argue with that one.
                      As an adviser though, telling Wilder to turn down $100 million was outrageous. Wilder won’t earn that sort of money on showtime. dazn is pbc’s direct competition so there is a conflict of interest. It’s all for the fighters - as long as they are fighting on pbc cards.

Comment

Working...
                      X