No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez is an Excellent Fighter... But Not The Best

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by angkag View Post
    Identical fight with Canelo v Salido, do you think Salido would have won on any cards ?

And no ref would allow Nelo to get hit in the nuts that much and expect to work again - Nelo would have been up on the cards at the point of Salido's DQ.

Judges and ref can make a difference.
    Canelo would've KO'd Salido **** you talking bout the cards for lol...

Comment

• Floyd, will always be Canelo's daddy....

Comment

• I hate to bring up the politics of the sport... but it is inevitable... if this kid learned english... and talked smack like your typical American boxer... he would be marketed as even better than Ali or robinson... the burden of being Mexican and therefore minimized acknowledgement of accomplishments is real... social engineering of my people through mainstream American television has really made a negative impact... all good though... we are going through a breakthrough and being molded into excellence by all the adverse obstacles presented to us... we shall overcome.... just like blacks did during slavery time...

Comment

• Michael Rosenthal famously said I don't care that Floyd is undefeated and has more DOMINATING wins. Pacquiao is better and needs to be higher ranked as a fighter despite clear loses, draws and contraversal wins many close fights that many feel he lost. He said FOR YEARS that Manny was achieving more because he was fighting better competition then Floyd and beating the best matter more then undefeated record against lesser competition. He voted Manny as fighter if the last decade over Floyd on that basis....yet against canelo he is taking the opposite stand with fighters that are not even close to fighting the level of opponents canelo fighting and one of the guys he has ahead of Canelo isn't even undefeated he lost to guy nobody had anywhere near top P4P with double digits losses.

Funny how you change your standards for ranking fighters when we taking about Floyd and now canelo. But when you simply hate fighters and are bias this is how you have to roll to try and take away the shine from their careers. Why does this man hate Floyd and Canelo so bad? LMAO

Comment

• P4p

The “eye test” isn’t enough to get you at the top of a p4p list or at least it shouldn’t be. At some point Judah, Broner, khan, Berto and the prince were real impressive to the eye test but failed against top opposition during 50/50 fights or fights they were the underdog in. Loma has yet to be in a fight like that yet has a loss, Crawford has yet to be aswell so cant put him over a guy in Canelo who has victories in those type of fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe shmo View Post
              That's ur opinion and that's fine. I don't agree but I gotta leave to go to work so I can't debate with u anymore. I will leave u with this tho. How many of those fights u named with canelo where controversial decisions? How many of Lomas fights against grj, rigo, Linares, pedraza were controversial? And finally, I know ur an aj fan and have seen u complaining about Miller popping dirty, so do u think that canelo who also popped dirty twice should even b considered? Would u consider Miller if he came back and dominated the hw division, or would u forever look at him as a Ped cheat? Hopefully u don't have double standards
              https://www.cbssports.com/boxing/new...fs-up-defense/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/bo...rticle-6167753

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...is-summer.html

I'm not an AJ fanboi, actualley I've been flamed incessantly for saying he swerved Wilder last yr.(though I rate AJ far above Wilder atm) & Miller got popped 2x for straight up roids while holding camp in Brooklyn. There was zero possible excuses he could even make up 4 being popped 4 those straight up multiple roid cöcktail. (If he ever came back after yrs of punishment & dominated or even won the belts controversially I'd still rank him for the wins.)

This has been beaten to death already,but in Mexico the majority of meat has been proven in countless studies even by fifa to contain the very weak clen which they concluded has no effect on athletes who tested positive for it while competing in mexico. Canelo was cleared by nsac & every other org because his hair follicle test proved he couldn't possibly have been doping. Top it off with the fact that this was Canelos 1st camp in Mexico because he was being hated on 4 ALWAYS holding camp in san diego. Then he was popped 3 days apart 4 a few molecules of clen COMPLETELY consistent with eating clen meat that fifa had even proven was in most the finest restaurants in Mexico.

I know I won't change anyones mind because its already usually made up. But thats my logic in giving him benefit of the doubt because hes on vada 365 & was 1st ppv fighter to demand it for every fight even when JCC jr demanded a weaker testing right before he faced ggg 1st time. He could've easily cheated then if he wanted to dope 4 ggg, don't you think?
              Last edited by kushking; 05-11-2019, 12:25 PM.

Comment

• Canelo would tear both loma and crawford apart..period..probably wouldnt go the distance either..hes more skilled and has more power..i would love to see loma or crawford move up to 160 so that canelo could shut the world up..both loma and crawford have never really faced any elite level competition..crawford trying to avoid the spence fight..a fight i believe crawford will lose..

Comment

• Thread fill with a bunch of canelo fanboys (aka tribalistic mexicans) going nuts. This piece is an opinion not a personal affront to any of you. Also pound for pound is subjective as everyone has their own criteria for evaluation, some solely rely on the eye test like Roy Jones jr or some on the resume, and I presume many have a permutation of both. Based off resume, canelo has the best of all active fighters albeit with some asterisks. To each their own. Also FYI rosenthal writes for the PBC so it’s doubtful he’s a top rank shill...

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                    Too many gift decisions taints his legacy.
                    That.. and PEDs use.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cali Talk View Post
                      The “eye test” isn’t enough to get you at the top of a p4p list or at least it shouldn’t be. At some point Judah, Broner, khan, Berto and the prince were real impressive to the eye test but failed against top opposition during 50/50 fights or fights they were the underdog in. Loma has yet to be in a fight like that yet has a loss, Crawford has yet to be aswell so cant put him over a guy in Canelo who has victories in those type of fights.
                      Eye test is bs you throw out when you can't front on the resume and need to make things up to trash one first and lift up a less deserving fighter. This is all agenda and politics. How else you explain this same writers stating the total opposite premise for why Floyd the undefeated fighter with more dominating wins and all the eye tests check boxes was NOT better then Pacquiao? Despite needing 4 fights with Marquez that many feel he lost all of them, a clear losses to Morales and needing 3 fights with him and all the other close fights and controversial fights he had. But when he was talking about Manny he said he's better because sorry Floyd Manny is fighting better fighters and that matters more then how you look against worst fighters.

You can't make this shyt up now he's saying canelo I know you fighting better elite guys but you not dominating them as much as guys fighting ridiculous worse competition. So much for staying consistent eye ball test matters when it's convenient to bash and discount fighters you just have a agenda against. He had an agenda against Floyd for years so twisted his method for ranking to keep him out fighter of the decade now that don't apply to canelo and he obviously has an agenda against Canelo so he changes and creates a new standard to hold him down and prop lesser fighters. When you just hate fighters you can manipulate the conversation and have different standards to attack them.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=814657

Comment

Working...
                      X