No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence Says Canelo Fight Could Happen; Thinks Jacobs Won

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hitking View Post
    I read somewhere that Spence was offered $20M for a Canelo fight. If that’s the case, Spence should be criticized for not taking it. I don’t necessarily think not fighting someone outside your division is “ducking.” But in Spence’s case. He was perfectly willing to fight a guy moving up two divisions. So he should be willing to move up two divisions himself, especially for a career high payday. He shouldn’t be completely crucified. But if definitely doesn’t pass the smell test.
    Never seen that anywhere! Please post a link!

Comment

Errol Spence and Juan Manuel Marquez say that Daniel Jacobs beat Canelo. That settles it for sure. Jacobs is the real winner! I must have watched a fight from an alternative universe because in that universe Canelo was the clear winner. But thanks to Spence and Marquez I now know who really won here on good old planet Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
        Nobody calling anyone haters. There are three categories of people who are saying Danny won:

- those close to Danny or with reason to support him
        - trolls
        - those studying at the Adalaide Bryd school of how to score fights

We love them all.
        Bingo he is friends with Jacobs and both signed with haymon. It's not serious or a big deal and definitely not hard to figure out was tweeting how bad Jacobs was doing and clearly losing then flip floped when he did a interview after the fight because Jacobs is his boy so damage controll, spin, couch the loss however you want to call it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fangedgrowl View Post
          Canelo beats Spence at any weight. Canelo is more fluid and does more well. Spence just playing the bro card or team card with Haymon. Jacobs was way bigger yet way too tentative. I wish Canelo would fight Spence in Dalls. Spence would get booed out by people in his own city. Canelo would definitely be the crowd favorite.
          It is interesting that Danny paid more than $800k to come in heavy and take advantage of his size. Pardon the pun, but Canelo was the bigger man that night. Put another way, Danny paid almost a million bucks to be way bigger than Canelo during the fight in order to fight small. Go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by luigi1964 View Post
            I can't believe how many people think Jacobs won. No way he did enough to win. If he started early, yes but he waited to long. A great opportunity and he gave it away. After the 6th round, yes he won about 3 or 4 rounds but not enough to win. 116 to 112 or Ill go as high as 115 - 113 like the judges had it.
            Thinking that Jacobs won the fight is completely understandable. There is an equal number of people who think that we never landed on the moon and an even greater number who think that the earth is flat.

Comment

What to do when multiple guys call out a single fighter.....

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
                if Spence can deal with the weight he beats canelo. alvarez was smart enough not to press like the lil G fight because Jacobs speed and power. Jacobs lost this fight by not doing enough.
                Spence is tailor-made for Canelo.

Comment

i actually think spence would be more competitive then andrade would vs canela

Comment

Originally posted by Verus View Post
                    Spence is tailor-made for Canelo.
                    Yep, Canelo is bigger , faster, better defensively. Punches harder. Spence is not as smoth as Jacobs when it comes to boxing. Spence will get in more punches but will get hurt too.

Comment

Originally posted by Verus View Post
                      It is interesting that Danny paid more than $800k to come in heavy and take advantage of his size. Pardon the pun, but Canelo was the bigger man that night. Put another way, Danny paid almost a million bucks to be way bigger than Canelo during the fight in order to fight small. Go figure!
                      Yeah how dumb was that. He didnt even use the advantage he was trying to gain. If he were to come in way heavier he should have been more aggressive.

Comment

Working...
                      X