No announcement yet.

Anyone watched Canelo vs Lara lately?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    I was rooting for Lara to win in this fight and he didn't do anything. Canelo outlanded Lara in power punches in 10 of 12 rounds. Lara compared his performance to Mayweather's, who did the reverse, outlanding Canelo in 10 of 12 rounds in power punching.

Very disappointing performance from Lara. You can even tell he could've won if only he had tried to. He probably had flashbacks of Angulo and decided to run all night to not get caught with anything big again.

Big PPV fight, big stage, and you go and stink up the show like that.

The only robbery Lara has been in was vs Williams, where he outlanded Williams 7 rounds to 5 in power punches, landing 49% overall. When you land 40-50% of your power punches, and your opponent lands less than you and there were no KD's, it's hard for judges to not give you the fight.
    I watched this fight at a house party where half there were rooting for Lara rooting against Canelo and even the ones who started the night rooting to see canelo lose were happy with the decision and said I will never watch Lara fight again. If he fought in the pocket more in between all the moving he could of won or got himself knocked out but he didn't want to find out so straight ran.

It was a bad look for boxing and a terrible fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      I second this 100%. Am glad Lara wasn't rewarded with the way he fought. The same way i was glad Dirrell wasn't given the decision against Carl Froch. I don't mind a boxer making someone miss, but when you make them miss and you then proceed to rub and not take advantage of them miss? I cannot back you at all.
      Dirrell's performance vs Froch was far greater than Lara's against Canelo.

Dirrell was actually landing vicious power punches to the head, consistently. One judge gave him the fight, rightfully so. The other two had it 112-115 for Froch. It was in Nottingham though, so there was homecooking.

Dirrell definitely outfought and outboxed Froch.

Comment

Dirrell's performance vs Froch was far greater than Lara's against Canelo.

Dirrell was actually landing vicious power punches to the head, consistently. One judge gave him the fight, rightfully so. The other two had it 112-115 for Froch. It was in Nottingham though, so there was homecooking.

Dirrell definitely outfought and outboxed Froch.
        Outfought? Nah, Outbox? Yeah... Its the way he did it that left a good taste in my mouth when i knew he was robbed of that decision.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
          I watched this fight at a house party where half there were rooting for Lara rooting against Canelo and even the ones who started the night rooting to see canelo lose were happy with the decision and said I will never watch Lara fight again. If he fought in the pocket more in between all the moving he could of won or got himself knocked out but he didn't want to find out so straight ran.

It was a bad look for boxing and a terrible fight.
          I definitely think he would have won if he had stood his ground a bit more. The fact that he literally ran just made me not feel anything for him. I was glad he wasn't given the decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            Outfought? Nah, Outbox? Yeah... Its the way he did it that left a good taste in my mouth when i knew he was robbed of that decision.
            Dirrel beat Froch's head up with straigt up jabs and power punches, he clearly won lol. Dirrell pretty much landed at will. Froch's best offense in the fight was repeatedly hitting behind the head.

Comment

Dirrel beat Froch's head up with straigt up jabs and power punches, he clearly won lol. Dirrell pretty much landed at will. Froch's best offense in the fight was repeatedly hitting behind the head.
              Am glad he didn't get the decision. He clearly won? Not really. Did i think Froch actually won that fight? Nope, but am glad Dirrell wasn't rewarded with the way he fought. He might have "outbox" Froch but am glad he wasn't rewarded. Didnt he even have a point deducted because of his constant fouling?

Comment

never watched it back but i remember lara was up but he tried to cruise down the stretch he kind of blew it

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
                  Mayweather does not fight like Lara you damn casual

Lara LOST, he beat himself that night and gave the fight away.
                  Lmao @you calling me a casual. I didn't say they fought the same way, I said Mayweather has won a lot of his fights the same way. Staying away and landing a few pot shots per round. This is what Lara did to Canelo. Canelo landed **** all..most people are responding based off the one and only time they saw the fight which was a fuzzy illegal stream. Watch the fight in HD, Canelo lost big time.

Comment

Working...
                  X