No announcement yet.

Anyone watched Canelo vs Lara lately?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
    The only offense Canelo was able to muster up was body shot that was in the belt line or elbows. But it doesn't matter if its clean Judges see moving around the ring Canelo is always gonna get the benefit of the doubt.
    100p a few body shots on the belt. Canelo landed **** all. Lara popped him in the face every round. From a technical standpoint he dominated him. Everyone going off like he was running and thats how you lose etc etc. Thats how mayweather won all his fights. Lara schooled Canelo. It wasnt even close.

Comment

Lara no doubt looked like the better fighter but he gave the fight away. He made Canelo miss so bad and Canelo couldn't connect to Lara's head, but he didn't counter enough off the misses. Instead, Lara was implementing far too much unnecessary movement. He would make Canelo miss and then walk across the ring as if you get points just off making your opponent miss.

I had it a draw I believe, but could see a Lara 7-5 win. Could have made it far more clear though.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
        100p a few body shots on the belt. Canelo landed **** all. Lara popped him in the face every round. From a technical standpoint he dominated him. Everyone going off like he was running and thats how you lose etc etc. Thats how mayweather won all his fights. Lara schooled Canelo. It wasnt even close.
        Lord you dumb Lara does not fight like Floyd. Don't be foolish. Even when floyd moves it's for a purpose he's hitting you and setting you. Lara ran with no purpose wasn't setting up or countering. Floyd lands way more then Lara did and at higher rates. And while doing that how many fights do you see Floyd ending up doubled up in power punches? I'll wait while you do your research and come back with that answer.

Stop comparing fighting off the back foot countering making you pay like Floyd does and straight running like Lara did.

Comment

Canelo won that fight

Comment

Neither fighter deserved to win this fight. Should have been a draw.

Hard to give Canelo credit for that win when talking about his resume because:
            1) He did not beat Lara
            2) He didn't want to make 154

I personally give him credit for challenging himself against the toughest opponent at 154 at the time and for not losing against someone who many predicted would school him.

Comment

I had Lara winning, but it’s not like it was some lopsided highway robbery loss like against Paul williams

Comment

If that's the case then why was Erislandy the one with cuts above the eyeball,& under the eye & eyebrow? (right or left cant remember)

Nelo landed way more power punches than Lara and made him go on his bike all 12 rounds. At least put up an offensive fight like GG

Comment

No robbery,

Lara was an idiot that night

Comment

Mayweather does not fight like Lara you damn casual

Lara LOST, he beat himself that night and gave the fight away.

Comment

I haven't seen it in a while, but I thought 7-5 Lara or 6-6 at worst.

No way Canelo won that fight outright.

Not a robbery, but i thought Lara did enough to win.

Comment

Working...
                      X