Collapse
No announcement yet.

DAZN production value

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was their first big fight, so I expected inexperienced wannabe producers who are starting from scratch.

I saw the same amateurish production when ESPN had theirs, which was Pac vs Vargas.

Comment

They need to get rid of Leonard immediately cuz he is just there for paychecks and Mora too... infact they should change out everybody.

Oh yea and have Jesse Vargas kick rocks, lil fkin try hard with wide eyes like he just saw a ghost. He makes it feel like some college broadcast production.

Comment

It isn't fair to compare DAZN productions to Showtime or HBO. Those stations had decades of experience. I give DAZN a couple years to shape up, and I bet they will because many HBO people have drifted over.

Let it marinate. But get rid of Brian Kenny. He's ok on baseball but his audio fellatio on Canelo was approaching Kellerman-RJJ territory.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
          It kept switch to standard definition for me.

The commentators suck

Didn’t scan the audience for celebs much.

Screwed ho Danny’s walk-in.

Post fight commentators were disturbed by everyone just walking through them. Even they said they needed better security.

Started talking the ring apart while show was still going right behind the commentators.

Fuk that min it broke. I’d pay 80 bucks to have hbo or showtime do this. I was disappointed

I already miss hbo and showtime very much.

I’ll Chalk it up to inexperience. I hope they leArn fast. Cause they super sucked.

Oh yea. The commentator with Burgundy suite was wearing sneakers. Lol.
          Terrible broadcast.
          i seen a lot of those tweets saying similar. E18923-F2-78-FD-42-EB-9694-929767978715

When you look at all the cost it takes to run DAZN it’s not different than paying for cable or PPV. Fire stick, 100mbp internet 70-80 (in my area) + monthly subscription. It cost more than PPV actually.

Comment

However, one has to keep in mind that it's an online streaming broadcast as opposed to a television broadcast. Which means that drawbacks will be inevitable.

For example, depending on the Broadband speed and internet connection there is going to be some pauses, interruptions and buffering from time to time; Especially if one is using a cable router.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
              However, one has to keep in mind that it's an online streaming broadcast as opposed to a television broadcast. Which means that drawbacks will inevitable.

For example, depending on the Broadband speed and internet connection there is going to be some pauses, interruptions and buffering from time to time; Especially if one is using a cable router.
              That internet excuse is what’s turning people off. People have upgraded to fiber optic 100mbps just to stream DAZN and they still have problems. It’s not the internet. Putting a niche sport like boxing on a stream is going to have some hurdles. Not to mention it’s the same cost as cable and PPV when you upgrade your internet.

78309607-ABC9-4410-A1-BE-EDF93-EDEFF6-E

Comment

Its production is definately lower than HBO and showtime. I would be happy with some minor tweaks considering its much cheaper.

1. stop ****ing around inbetween rounds and just show the corners. No commercials for upcoming fights or other stupid chit.

2. Get rid of SRL, they cant even use him for live coverage and he never even answers questions directly, hes terrible on there so whats the point? I dont need a "so sugar, what is the pressure like for jacobs in a fight of this magnitude?" - sugar "i like big fights, thats what i lived for" stupid ass non answers. And his plastic surgery and makeup creep me out. Id rather have literally any other fighter in his place, even lennox lewis.

3. Stop showing the stupid ceo/producer for their 24/7 knockoff, who gives a chit. Show him once if you want but not like 12 times a night. Why would I care what he has to say, they were even interviewing him inbetween rounds, WTF. Go interview some fighters in attendance or something.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                  That internet excuse is what’s turning people off. People have upgraded to fiber optic 100mbps just to stream DAZN and they still have problems. It’s not the internet. Putting a niche sport like boxing on a stream is going to have some hurdles. Not to mention it’s the same cost as cable and PPV when you upgrade your internet.

78309607-ABC9-4410-A1-BE-EDF93-EDEFF6-E
                  I totally agree with you. DAZN needs to up their ante and fix their technical glitches. It's a turn off to both the viewer and the consumer. There are a lot of DAZN consumers who are complaining about the very exact thing; Having a weak stream. They better fix it in a hurry because customers are not going to pay $20 per month or a $100 per year for some botched up service.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                    Its production is definately lower than HBO and showtime. I would be happy with some minor tweaks considering its much cheaper.

1. stop ****ing around inbetween rounds and just show the corners. No commercials for upcoming fights or other stupid chit.

2. Get rid of SRL, they cant even use him for live coverage and he never even answers questions directly, hes terrible on there so whats the point? I dont need a "so sugar, what is the pressure like for jacobs in a fight of this magnitude?" - sugar "i like big fights, thats what i lived for" stupid ass non answers. And his plastic surgery and makeup creep me out. Id rather have literally any other fighter in his place, even lennox lewis.

3. Stop showing the stupid ceo/producer for their 24/7 knockoff, who gives a chit. Show him once if you want but not like 12 times a night. Why would I care what he has to say, they were even interviewing him inbetween rounds, WTF. Go interview some fighters in attendance or something.
                    Interview some fighters, or you know do what everyone else does and show replays of the previous rounds action.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                      Putting a niche sport like boxing on a stream is going to have some hurdles. Not to mention it’s the same cost as cable and PPV when you
                      Especially when you are trying to lure the casual fan. Boxing fans don't need DAZN to watch fights. We are going to watch the fights no matter what. However, if they are serious about expanding the popularity of the sport; Perhaps putting it on the internet while taking it off television may not have been the wisest of choices. Boxing could be easily lost in the shuffle this way and remain an isolated and niched sport.

Comment

Working...
                      X