Collapse
No announcement yet.

DAZN has exceeded 4M subscribers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 mill globally isnt good... if it was in the US alone okay... but globally across that many countries is not good at all. Dont want to hate hope boxing can grow but it's not positive news.

Comment

Put in perspective Netflix has 160 mil globally and 60 million US alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
        Netflix has been around 20 years. It took them 10 to get to 20 mil.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
          Netflix been around since 1997 and launched streaming service in 2007. DAZN launched late 2016 and more then half the countries they in only launched less then 1 year ago. The real question is where was Netflix at 1-2 years in like DAZN is?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Idk. There in 10 coutries. Thats 400k per country avg. Or to directly compare it to the US in revenue its $40M to $96M a year. Thats not even or barely covering the Canelo deal & they got more boxing & other sports they are paying for.

Good thing for them is they are supposed to be in debt at this point (only they know for sure if they are in an expected point of debt, a unfavorable level of debt or a favorable level of debt) + the cool part of being global is they are reducing their cost per sport by using them for multiple countries in some cases when they can secure the rights.
            I think you got your math f**ked up. 4 million subscribers at $9.99 would be about $40M, $80M if it’s $19.99. That’s a month. For a year that’s $480M to $960M. We don’t know if people paid $9.99, $19.99 or $99.99 so what DAZN is pulling in a year could be anywhere between those numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Nehnenqui View Post
              I think you got your math f**ked up. 4 million subscribers at $9.99 would be about $40M, $80M if it’s $19.99. That’s a month. For a year that’s $480M to $960M. We don’t know if people paid $9.99, $19.99 or $99.99 so what DAZN is pulling in a year could be anywhere between those numbers.
              He's trying to only count US subs. That's all that matters to them apparently.

Comment

Good for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Nehnenqui View Post
                  Either way that's not enough.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
                    Oh these PBC Al Haymon defense league must be hating this. These fools think they are at war with DAZN and Hearn or something. I think they have actually gone mad. They feel it is their job and their duty as an American citizen to try to sling mud at anything DAZN, Matchroom related.

Good for DAZN, it isnt in the UK but it seems a really good thing, only people who seem to hate it are those mental cases i mentioned above but then they feel they are on a mission from god or Al Haymon or something.
                    You would think all boxing fans would be willing it to succeed. It's incredible value for money if it continues with good fights and content and their stable grows.

It seems some backwards people want it to fail and continue paying $79 for some garbage PPV events.

I wish we had it here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                      Either way that's not enough.
                      It's going to continue to grow. Then those American only broadcasters will have to change or not be able to compete. There'a hell of a lot more potential customers around the world than in the US.

Comment

Working...
                      X