Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAZN has exceeded 4M subscribers

According to Forbes DAZN has already exceeded 4M subscribers

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbad...in-sports/amp/

The company won’t reveal global totals, but Forbes estimates they exceed 4 million, well ahead of the 2 million-plus Walt Disney reported last month for ESPN+.

4 million global totals is pretty bad

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
      According to Forbes DAZN has already exceeded 4M subscribers

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbad...in-sports/amp/

The company won’t reveal global totals, but Forbes estimates they exceed 4 million, well ahead of the 2 million-plus Walt Disney reported last month for ESPN+.
      That's nothing bruh.

There's a reason why the Canelo DAZN threads were locked.

Truth is, consumers like niche news, things...all the Canelo watchers in the last 5 years for example ASK, how can I watch Canelo this year...

These are just Canelo fans. These fans have a $20 May option or $100 for the whole year. Most Canelo fans know he fights TWICE on Mexican holidays. As things build up, fans and general news will remind people why DAZN has such great value.

The real reason why Showtime and ESPN are afraid of DAZN to monopolize is because of the PAYS you could get on DAZN. They know other fighters read the news.

So an ESPN+ or PBC fighter would ask, how does DAZN offer that much? It's not that DAZN has so much money, it's because its the right thing to do. Same way a blockbuster movie pays a Hollywood star so much because the producers know they'll receive the return, and its better to pay the actor a high premium so no law suits come into play.

The real question is, will CBS Sports or Disney willing to give other fundamental star purses to boxers in order for them to stay?

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
        What??? lol they only launched on Aug 2016 in like 1 or 2 countries at first. A year later added like 2 more countries. Only launched in the US 7 months ago. They launched in Italy early this year. Only launched in Spain like a month ago. They are not even at the 3 year mark anniversary and half the countries they less then 1 year in and they already have exceeded 4M subscribers.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
          What??? lol they only launched on Aug 2016 in like 1 or 2 countries at first. A year later added like 2 more countries. Only launched in the US 7 months ago. They launched in Italy early this year. Only launched in Spain like a month ago. They are not even at the 3 year mark anniversary and half the countries they less then 1 year in and they already have exceeded 4M subscribers.
          You're replying to LDBC shills mayne.

Comment

Alvarez’s inaugural fight with DAZN in December drove hundreds of thousands of people to sign up for the service, but barely half of them stuck around beyond the one-month free trial to pay the $9.99 monthly rate. More than 90% of customers who cancelled the service said another Alvarez fight is what would get them to pay..

In response, DAZN launched a new pricing plan to fix the retention issue. Free trials in the U.S. are no longer offered and the monthly rate has doubled to $19.99. DAZN introduced a $100 yearly plan, which is a fraction of what two Canelo PPV fights would have typically cost. “We are trying to drive people to a yearlong subscription,” says Skipper. “If you figure out a way to get people to buy for a year, you have 100% retention for the year.”
            I told y'all this already when I wrote that topic about DAZN upset with Hearn.

I also told y'all they raised the price & cut the free trial because they couldn't keep subscribers.

But y'all think I just be talking out my ass.......ok

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
              Idk. There in 10 coutries. Thats 400k per country avg. Or to directly compare it to the US in revenue its $40M to $96M a year. Thats not even or barely covering the Canelo deal & they got more boxing & other sports they are paying for.

Good thing for them is they are supposed to be in debt at this point (only they know for sure if they are in an expected point of debt, a unfavorable level of debt or a favorable level of debt) + the cool part of being global is they are reducing their cost per sport by using them for multiple countries in some cases when they can secure the rights.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                I told y'all this already when I wrote that topic about DAZN upset with Hearn.

I also told y'all they raised the price & cut the free trial because they couldn't keep subscribers.

But y'all think I just be talking out my ass.......ok
                Lol. You LDBC boys said raising the price was going to end DAZN...

Have you been living under a rock in the US market. Do you know how many business in the last 25+ years have given FREE TRIAL schemes for a limited time?

Focus on saving PBC bruh.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  Idk. There in 10 coutries. Thats 400k per country avg. Or to directly compare it to the US in revenue its $40M to $96M a year. Thats not even or barely covering the Canelo deal & they got more boxing & other sports they are paying for.

Good thing for them is they are supposed to be in debt at this point (only they know for sure if they are in an expected point of debt, a unfavorable level of debt or a favorable level of debt) + the cool part of being global is they are reducing their cost per sport by using them for multiple countries in some cases when they can secure the rights.
                  Yeah, basic math should tell anyone that their number of subs isn't bringing in more than they're spending.

I'm a subscriber, I wish them success but these numbers are proof they have a ways to go. Not sure why op is acting like 4 million is a good thing globally.

Comment

They need to get sponsors

Comment

Working...
                    X